Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    How do you leave that birdie putt short on 18 in a tied match when your playing partner has a two-foot putt for par? Very disappointed in that effort by JT, even though overall the US did well.
    Because (a) putting is hard, and often quite variable; and (b) he *probably* fell in love with a line and didn’t quite match his speed to that line.

I’m willing to give him a pass after that eagle putt at 16, as part of coming back from 3-down through 8, to snatch a stalemate from the jaws of defeat.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 09-24-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Tomorrow morning’s foursomes pairings:

7.05am
    Brooks Koepka & Daniel Berger vs Sergio Garica & Jon Rahm

MATCH 2

7.21am
    Dustin Johnson & Collin Morikawa vs Paul Casey & Tyrrell Hatton

MATCH 3

7.37am
    Justin Thomas & Jordan Spieth vs Viktor Hovland & Bernd Wiesberger

MATCH 4

7.53am

Xander Schauffele & Patrick Cantlay vs Lee Westwood & Matt Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Because (a) putting is hard, and often quite variable; and (b) he *probably* fell in love with a line and didn’t quite match his speed to that line.

I’m willing to give him a pass after that eagle putt at 16, as part of coming back from 3-down through 8, to snatch a stalemate from the jaws of defeat.
    At the end of the day, he played both sessions and scored a total of a half point, eagle putt on 16 notwithstanding. On a day that was a resounding success for the US team, the only player who did worse than JT was Jordan Speith.

At the end of the day, he played both sessions and scored a total of a half point, eagle putt on 16 notwithstanding. On a day that was a resounding success for the US team, the only player who did worse than JT was Jordan Speith.
    Eh. Whatever. I’ll focus on the (many) US silver linings, rather than some small’ish cloud.

Eh. Whatever. I’ll focus on the (many) US silver linings, rather than some small’ish cloud.
    As snakebit superstitious as I am about international competitions recently, it’s hard not to enjoy our start here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As snakebit superstitious as I am about international competitions recently, it’s hard not to enjoy our start here.
    Largest Day 1 USA lead in 46 years.

As long as you don’t say, “It’s over for the Europeans.”

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    As long as you don’t say, “It’s over for the Europeans.”
    Do we Ultrarunner to start the “don’t jinx it” thread?

It seems to me that Justin and Jon Rahm have more putts lip out than any players on tour. I'm with Tripping on JT leaving that putt short. I believe he fell in love with reading the line and didn't think speed just before he struck the putt(Jack's tip about putting).

Yes, and Jordan did worse because he was paired with JT. However, Jordan hit one of the all-time golf shots because of the spot JT put him in...so he's got that going for him. And even then JT squandered that opportunity by missing the 6-footer.

If the rest of the team hadn't played so well, there would be a lot of heat on JT.

How do you think Pop would do with these guys?

DJ and Morikawa continue to be pretty much the best players on the course. They won their morning match today 2&1. Garcia and Rahm won 3&1 over Koepka and Berger. It looks like the US will win the last two morning matches to take a phenomenal 9-3 lead heading into the last Four-ball matches. Though Team USA has 8 of the top 10 players in the world, I don't think anyone saw this kind of beatdown coming.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Please don’t choke these last two points of the morning session away, guys.
    Last edited by SouthernDukie; 09-25-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Please don’t choke these last two points of the morning session away, guys.
    Wish granted

Well done, USA! Only 5 1/2 more points to go.

Team USA is now up 9-3. This is an absolute blowout. If this were a boxing match, I’m afraid the referee would have no other choice but to jump in at this point and call off the fight. Team Europe is getting absolutely dog walked by Team USA!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Team USA is now up 9-3. This is an absolute blowout. If this were a boxing match, I’m afraid the referee would have no other choice but to jump in at this point and call off the fight. Team Europe is getting absolutely dog walked by Team USA!
    Only Rahm and Garcia have won a match for the Euros thus far.

Woo-hoo!

We have had our butts handed to us many times in the Ryder Cup. A big breakdown is not going to make me feel bad in any way.

Woo-hoo!

We have had our butts handed to us many times in the Ryder Cup. A big breakdown is not going to make me feel bad in any way.
    Absolutely not! I hope we beat the pants off of them.

Only Rahm and Garcia have won a match for the Euros thus far.
    It ain’t over till the fat lady sings, but she’s warming up her pipes going over her scales …