Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly

    RIP Michael K Williams

    Played perhaps one of the best, most groundbreaking characters of the last 30 years on The Wire, among other roles.

    https://abc7ny.com/michael-k-williams-the-wire-overdose-actor/11004308/

  2. #2
    On The Wire he never cussed.

  3. #3
    Very very sad. He was a stunning actor. After seeing him on The Wire as Omar, seeing him in anything else was striking.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I loved him on Community. I'm saddened by this news.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Played perhaps one of the best, most groundbreaking characters of the last 30 years on The Wire, among other roles.

    https://abc7ny.com/michael-k-williams-the-wire-overdose-actor/11004308/
    Tru dat! Omar was the real deal and Williams walked many actual miles in Omarís shoes. Williams was extremely talented but lived a hard life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Tru dat! Omar was the real deal and Williams walked many actual miles in Omarís shoes. Williams was extremely talented but lived a hard life.
    Yeah, it's being reported - and, as you say, not surprisingly - that it's a suspected drug overdose. It was a decades long struggle for him.

  7. #7
    Oh how sad! He was magnificent in Boardwalk Empire. Such a smoldering talent. What a terrible shame.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, it's being reported - and, as you say, not surprisingly - that it's a suspected drug overdose. It was a decades long struggle for him.
    IIRC, Williams got in trouble as a teen, had his face slashed in a bar fight in his 20ís, and partied hard during, and mostly since, The Wire. He was the real deal and is a terrible loss.

    RIP, Omar!

  9. #9
    I too am saddened by his loss. He acting/character/person gave me something that i canít put into words except he made life a little richer and more interesting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

    OMAR DBR.jpg

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

    OMAR DBR.jpg
    Hmmmm. I think throatybeard developed a college course on The Wire. Maybe him?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    I was a fan of Hap and Leonard. Great acting there as well. If you can find it, watch his episode of Finding Your Roots- you can watch it now on PBS:

    https://www.pbs.org/weta/finding-you...ael-k-williams , it tells his whole story. Rough life.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

    OMAR DBR.jpg
    SupaDave?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampa
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

    OMAR DBR.jpg
    RepoMan, IIRC.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    RepoMan, IIRC.
    Oh yeah, it was definitely RepoMan.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    RepoMan, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Oh yeah, it was definitely RepoMan.
    Yes, RepoMan...well done guys.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    On The Wire he never cussed.
    Indeed

  18. #18
    The Washington Post September 8 editions has two feature articles about Williams in the Style section.

Similar Threads

  1. RIP Michael Ojo
    By Truth&Justise in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2020, 10:44 PM
  2. Michael Sam comes out
    By luburch in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 01:50 PM
  3. Michael Haynes
    By Go 2 Hell Carolina in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
  4. Michael Tauiliili
    By coachbob in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •