RIP Michael K Williams

Played perhaps one of the best, most groundbreaking characters of the last 30 years on The Wire, among other roles.

https://abc7ny.com/michael-k-williams-the-wire-overdose-actor/11004308/

On The Wire he never cussed.

Very very sad. He was a stunning actor. After seeing him on The Wire as Omar, seeing him in anything else was striking.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I loved him on Community. I'm saddened by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Played perhaps one of the best, most groundbreaking characters of the last 30 years on The Wire, among other roles.

https://abc7ny.com/michael-k-williams-the-wire-overdose-actor/11004308/
    Tru dat! Omar was the real deal and Williams walked many actual miles in Omar’s shoes. Williams was extremely talented but lived a hard life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Tru dat! Omar was the real deal and Williams walked many actual miles in Omar’s shoes. Williams was extremely talented but lived a hard life.
    Yeah, it's being reported - and, as you say, not surprisingly - that it's a suspected drug overdose. It was a decades long struggle for him.

Oh how sad! He was magnificent in Boardwalk Empire. Such a smoldering talent. What a terrible shame.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, it's being reported - and, as you say, not surprisingly - that it's a suspected drug overdose. It was a decades long struggle for him.
    IIRC, Williams got in trouble as a teen, had his face slashed in a bar fight in his 20’s, and partied hard during, and mostly since, The Wire. He was the real deal and is a terrible loss.

RIP, Omar!

I too am saddened by his loss. He acting/character/person gave me something that i can’t put into words except he made life a little richer and more interesting.

I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

OMAR DBR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I love "The Wire" and his portrayal of Omar. One of our DBR community had this Omar image (below) as his/her/their DBR avatar for many years, can anyone remember who it was/is? I don't remember, but I am sure someone does.

OMAR DBR.jpg
    Hmmmm. I think throatybeard developed a college course on The Wire. Maybe him?

I was a fan of Hap and Leonard. Great acting there as well. If you can find it, watch his episode of Finding Your Roots- you can watch it now on PBS:

https://www.pbs.org/weta/finding-you...ael-k-williams , it tells his whole story. Rough life.

OMAR DBR.jpg
    SupaDave?

OMAR DBR.jpg
    RepoMan, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    RepoMan, IIRC.
    Oh yeah, it was definitely RepoMan.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    RepoMan, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Oh yeah, it was definitely RepoMan.
    Yes, RepoMan...well done guys.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    On The Wire he never cussed.
    Indeed

The Washington Post September 8 editions has two feature articles about Williams in the Style section.