Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Certainly no reason to rush anyone back for A&T. Arguably we won't have a reason to rush anyone back all season .

Duke has announced its beer menu for the game:

Menu
    16oz Bud Light- $8.00
    16oz Michelob Ultra- $8.00
    16oz Stella- $10.00
    16oz Wicked Weed Pernicious- $10.00
    16oz Bold Rock- $10.00
    16oz Michelob Ultra Seltzer -$10.00

I was expecting worse.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

25% to upgrade from Bud to Wicked Weed (which I have issues with) is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    25% to upgrade from Bud to Wicked Weed (which I have issues with) is a steal.
    Think of the profit margin on the Bud!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post

Menu
    16oz Bud Light- $8.00
    16oz Stella- $10.00
    16oz Bold Rock- $10.00

I was expecting worse.
    Wake, State and carolina all have custom made and named craft beers in their offerings. How come we don’t???
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Wake, State and carolina all have custom made and named craft beers in their offerings. How come we don’t???
    Because there are only going to be 150 people at the game to drink it and take in all the advertising for whichever company we partnered with. Plus it would require someone wanting to tie their brand directly to Duke Football, which probably isn't all that enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post

Menu
    16oz Bud Light- $8.00
    16oz Stella- $10.00
    16oz Bold Rock- $10.00

I was expecting worse.
    what do we know about Wicked Weed and Bold Rock?
    Yes, lots of profit in Bud Light, you just buy a Bud, dilute it by half, and you have two Bud Lights.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For the same reason that you can barely find any Duke gear even in a Durham Walmart while there is a whole section of Baby Blue junk.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    what do we know about Wicked Weed and Bold Rock?
    Yes, lots of profit in Bud Light, you just buy a Bud, dilute it by half, and you have two Bud Lights.
    Wicked Weed out of Asheville is a very good brewery, and the Pernicious IPA is a solid offering from their selection.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30581/146538/ (And probably a few mentions in the Ymmm, Beer thread)

I've never had Bold Rock, and as an "IPA Hard Cider", I doubt I ever will. That just sounds odd. Might be good, but I'll never find out, ha!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For the same reason that you can barely find any Duke gear even in a Durham Walmart while there is a whole section of Baby Blue junk.

Wicked Weed out of Asheville is a very good brewery, and the Pernicious IPA is a solid offering from their selection.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30581/146538/ (And probably a few mentions in the Ymmm, Beer thread)

I've never had Bold Rock, and as an "IPA Hard Cider", I doubt I ever will. That just sounds odd. Might be good, but I'll never find out, ha!
    yeah, if it's a cider, no thanks to that..thanks for the info

I have to drive tomorrow night after the game so I’ll skip the beer. Next Saturday I will enjoy a Stella and let my daughter handle driving duties.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If you like cider, Bold Rock IPA is pretty good. "IPA" means "India Pressed Apple" according to their advertising. Apparently they do use hops, but it is not "hoppy" in any sense and has little to do stylistically with IPA beer. It's a solid option for those of us who don't like beer.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    If you like cider, Bold Rock IPA is pretty good. "IPA" means "India Pressed Apple" according to their advertising. Apparently they do use hops, but it is not "hoppy" in any sense and has little to do stylistically with IPA beer. It's a solid option for those of us who don't like beer.
    Ahhh...whew. That makes a little more sense. I don't mind ciders, but an overly hopped one sounded less than good.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The athletic department (or whoever) should contact Devils Backbone Brewing, located in Lexington, VA and Nelson County, VA - same neck of the woods as the home base for Bold Rock Cidery.

It's been free to carry a flask of bourbon into Duke football games for years.

https://twitter.com/dukefootball/sta...962543110?s=21

A little late in the evening but applauding tomorrow nights classic home kit.
    Rip Em Up
    Tear Em Up
    Give Em Hell Duke

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post

Rip Em Up
    Tear Em Up
    Give Em Hell Duke
    Such a great look, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's been free to carry a flask of bourbon into Duke football games for years.
    Plastic flasks that pass through a magnetometer are not cheap compared to glass bottles. A friend told me this as I have no personal experience with either.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post

Rip Em Up
    Tear Em Up
    Give Em Hell Duke
    For years I have wanted that ringtone. Dunno if anyone ever created a downloadable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    For years I have wanted that ringtone. Dunno if anyone ever created a downloadable one.
    Almost any phone now will let you set any sound file as your ringtone. Pull the cheer up on YouTube or something similar, and record the relevant seconds and set the sound as your ringtone. Presto!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    What marketing genius said, "Hmmm, the letters IPA are well-known to indicate a bitter, hoppy flavor in beers. We have a cider that is fruity and not at all bitter. I think we should use the letters IPA in our name too so we can totally fool the audience about what they are getting!"

-Jason "not a big beer fan, but I love ciders... had I seen something called Bold Rock IPA, I never would have even considered ordering it" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?