Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Theo John has his first professional destination as an injury to a returning player meant that Kauhajoki Karhu in Finland needed another post as soon as possible:
    https://www.karhubasket.fi/2022/08/1...aan-sentteria/

It's definitely a good place to start a career with a chance to impress and move up in the future.
    So his pro career is finnish at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    You can see yourself out. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Not if Helsinki a few right away.

RE the front page NBA best Dukie article —- I feel like Boozer’s NBA success gets forgotten. I’m not saying he should necessarily be top 5 but he had a long, productive and, at times, All Star-level career.

I would have at least mentioned JJ and Ingram, too.

Oh, geez, and Brand, of course.

I think that anyone who watched Jayson Tatum all season knew he was hurt in the finals, but he finally confirmed it.
    “I played with somewhat of a fracture for two months”
    https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...hyVOegVFsc0ngA

Tatum's new coach?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...on-sources-say

whoa. Udoka facing likely year long suspension from Celts for relationship with Celts staff member?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

whoa. Udoka facing likely year long suspension from Celts for relationship with Celts staff member?
    One of the stranger stories I've heard in awhile. Not to mention he's married to Nia Long??

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    One of the stranger stories I've heard in awhile. Not to mention he's married to Nia Long??
    yeah, I saw that they were engaged but also read "she has no plans to marry." In any event does not appear to be a good situation.

yeah, I saw that they were engaged but also read "she has no plans to marry." In any event does not appear to be a good situation.
    I can't recall a coach being suspended for a full season before for any type of transgression. Sounds like there's probably a lot more to this story, and I'm not certain I want to know the gory details.

I can't recall a coach being suspended for a full season before for any type of transgression. Sounds like there's probably a lot more to this story, and I'm not certain I want to know the gory details.
    Hard to imagine that those gory details will not come out very soon.

It mentions Joe Mazzulla as the likely replacement. He was a member of the WV team that beat Duke in the 2008 NCAA tournament. His teammates weren't content with the win and had to say allot post-game about the Duke team and players. I remember Mazulla really hurting Duke despite being a reserve. I was not sad see Joe Alexander seriously underperform his NBA expectations.
    He was also part of the team Duke crushed in the 2010 final four.

Sounds like there's probably a lot more to this story, and I'm not certain I want to know the gory details.
    Of course you want to know, MD!

You’re not fooling us! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    It mentions Joe Mazzulla as the likely replacement. He was a member of the WV team that beat Duke in the 2008 NCAA tournament. His teammates weren't content with the win and had to say allot post-game about the Duke team and players. I remember Mazulla really hurting Duke despite being a reserve. I was not sad see Joe Alexander seriously underperform his NBA expectations.
    He was also part of the team Duke crushed in the 2010 final four.
    That 2010 drubbing of WVU was so satisfying.

Udoka facing likely year long suspension from Celts for relationship with Celts staff member?
    Just think what would’ve happened to Coach Udoka had it been a Lakers staff member.

We might never have seen him wearing Celtics Green again!

Udoka gets a 1 year suspension according to ESPN. Apparently his replacement, Joe Mazzulla, has a domestic violence charge in his past.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Udoka gets a 1 year suspension according to ESPN. Apparently his replacement, Joe Mazzulla, has a domestic violence charge in his past.
    Geez, talk about adding insult to injury. WTH is going on with the Celtics since almost winning the NBA championship just three short months ago?

First it was the trade speculation with Jaylen Brown. Then newly-acquired forward Danilo Gallinari suffered a torn ACL in his left knee while playing for the Italian national team. Then center Robert Williams had surgery today on the same left knee that had undergone surgery just six months ago. And now the bombshell allegations against Ime Udoka followed by the bad news about Joe Mazzulla.

This sucks.

Full year suspension seems pretty harsh for what was a fully consensual relationship between two adults. At least I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Maybe there is more, or a lot more, still to come out about this, but wow a full year for cheating on your wife with someone in the office?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Full year suspension seems pretty harsh for what was a fully consensual relationship between two adults. At least I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Maybe there is more, or a lot more, still to come out about this, but wow a full year for cheating on your wife with someone in the office?
    I think you can be assured that's not the entirety of the story.
    Last edited by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15; 09-23-2022 at 03:21 AM.

I think you can be assured that's not the entirety of the story.
    That's been my speculation, too, though as the internet will tell you, just thinking about cheating on Nia Long warrants SEVERE punishment.

Udoka was having relations with two women apparently. I have not seen solid reporting on it, just twitter, but one woman was a staffer and the other was the wife of the head of finance for the organization. He was told to stop and didnt. I am sure more will come out.

I think in the wake of Robert Sarver, there's probably little leeway no matter if this was consensual.