Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Grayson's shooting percentages have been terrible for 4 or 5 games. What's going on?
    I’ve noticed this as well. I keep worrying that he’s going to lose his starting spot.

RJ with 19 in the first quarter and 24 at the half vs. Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I’ve noticed this as well. I keep worrying that he’s going to lose his starting spot.
    He'd been having a bit of a downturn after that super strong start to the year already in December, but he's REALLY struggled since he missed some time just before Christmas in COVID protocols. He was good in Milwaukee's beatdown of the Pels on New Years Day, but otherwise, he's not shot better than 25% in a game since he missed time. Not sure if he just lost his rhythm or was actually sick, but you can draw a pretty noticeable line based on his performances before and after the COVID time off...

Rj - 32

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    He'd been having a bit of a downturn after that super strong start to the year already in December, but he's REALLY struggled since he missed some time just before Christmas in COVID protocols. He was good in Milwaukee's beatdown of the Pels on New Years Day, but otherwise, he's not shot better than 25% in a game since he missed time. Not sure if he just lost his rhythm or was actually sick, but you can draw a pretty noticeable line based on his performances before and after the COVID time off...
    Actually, I just saw that Grayson's going into COVID protocols NOW, so obviously that wasn't the case when he missed time before Christmas. Apparently he was just non-COVID sick? Either way, he's going to have some time off and will miss the next few games while he's quarantining. Here's hoping that he's not sick and can use the time to get his shot right!

Kyrie getting his first minutes of the season right now

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Kyrie getting his first minutes of the season right now
    And making them count: 9-17, 4-4 from the line, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 22 pts, +16 on the night. Nice comeback win for the Nets.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

I'm not seeing a Duke in the G League thread lately so I'll post here.. Javin and Trevon Duval both had really good games last night. Both with double doubles, and Duval shot well, which is his concern. I'm hoping to see the Bucks call Jav up again soon since they are releasing Demarcus Cousins. Duval may take longer but it's good to see him back in the G league and playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    And making them count: 9-17, 4-4 from the line, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 22 pts, +16 on the night. Nice comeback win for the Nets.
    I suspect Kyrie Irving is a bot. We all agree, I believe, he has some non-human characteristics.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Really good night so far. Tatum has 23 after 3 quarters but is playing his best all around game in a while with 7 assists and 6 rebounds. Ingram has 19 at the half and Tyus has 12 on 5-5 shooting with two 3s in only 10 minutes. RJ is the only one not doing great but still has 9 points after 3- although his shooting is rough. Hope this bodes well for Kennard’s game later.

Really good night so far. Tatum has 23 after 3 quarters but is playing his best all around game in a while with 7 assists and 6 rebounds. Ingram has 19 at the half and Tyus has 12 on 5-5 shooting with two 3s in only 10 minutes. RJ is the only one not doing great but still has 9 points after 3- although his shooting is rough. Hope this bodes well for Kennard’s game later.
    Heck of a game. Fournier having a career day. The Celtics have no shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    And Barrett with the buzzer beater off the glass to win!

Tatum sends it to OT with tough driving jumper. Or not. Already typing before RJ hits long 3 bank shot at the buzzer for the win.
    Tatum with 13 of his teams last 15. RJ with a tough shooting night, follows the big missed FT with the game winner. Lucky or not hopefully he can use it to build some momentum going forward.

RJ banks in a 3 at the buzzer to cap a huge Knicks comeback. He was 4-15 for the night but hit the big one. MSG goes bonkers. Fournier finished with 41. Tatum had 36 and made the shot to tie it before Barrett's winner.

And Barrett with the buzzer beater off the glass to win!
    Has a rough night but made the big shot when it counted.

WHAT AN ENDING! Tatum scores Boston's last 13? 15? points in the fourth (yikes @ Marcus Smart's wide open three point shooting...), including the game-tying clutch jumper with 1.5 seconds. But that was TOO MUCH TIME to leave for RJ Barrett, who drained (ok, banked in) the deep falling three over Tatum's heavy contest. Credit to Evan Fournier, who's been atrocious much of this year but absolutely could not miss tonight.

Tatum finishes with 36/6/9 on 12/21 from the field. Barrett was only 4-15 for 13 points, but those last three were the ones that counted.

WHAT AN ENDING! Tatum scores Boston's last 13? 15? points in the fourth (yikes @ Marcus Smart's wide open three point shooting...), including the game-tying clutch jumper with 1.5 seconds. But that was TOO MUCH TIME to leave for RJ Barrett, who drained (ok, banked in) the deep falling three over Tatum's heavy contest. Credit to Evan Fournier, who's been atrocious much of this year but absolutely could not miss tonight.

Tatum finishes with 36/6/9 on 12/21 from the field. Barrett was only 4-15 for 13 points, but those last three were the ones that counted.

That was some serious duke-on-duke violence RJ let unleash on Tatum!

This Fournier stat is WILD: in the three games against the Celtics, he's averaging 35 points on 55% shooting, while in all other games he's at 11 ppg and 38% from the field.

So...

Some pretty good basketball players went to Duke.

WHAT AN ENDING! Tatum scores Boston's last 13? 15? points in the fourth (yikes @ Marcus Smart's wide open three point shooting...), including the game-tying clutch jumper with 1.5 seconds. But that was TOO MUCH TIME to leave for RJ Barrett, who drained (ok, banked in) the deep falling three over Tatum's heavy contest.
    For those who weren't able to watch, here's Tatum's shot over Barrett to tie it up, and here's Barrett's shot over Tatum to win it.