Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    The 330 lbs number doesn't surprise me too much. Look at the guy behind him in the picture posted by CameronDuke. The guy is probably 6'-2" with a big belly. If someone told you that guy was 290 lbs, would you be shocked? Now look at Zion. Zion is substantially bigger than that guy. Too bad we don't have a cinder block comparison for weight!
    Honestly, Williamson doesn’t necessarily look fat in that photo. It’s not like his stomach sticks out more than his chest (like the guy behind him). He just looks like a massive dude wearing baggy clothes.

That’s how I would expect him to look and pretty much how I think he would have looked wearing that same outfit two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Honestly, Williamson doesn’t necessarily look fat in that photo. It’s not like his stomach sticks out more than his chest (like the guy behind him). He just looks like a massive dude wearing baggy clothes.

That’s how I would expect him to look and pretty much how I think he would have looked wearing that same outfit two years ago.
    For the Zion Weight Tracking Crew, this looks like it's been proven to be the right take, at least if you buy into this photo which was supposedly from yesterday. If so, this is basically how he looked in game shape last year. Not saying he's in perfect condition or anything (no injured NBA player is), but he's obviously not 330 in this pic.

FGGvbmUXsAkVQ7_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    For the Zion Weight Tracking Crew, this looks like it's been proven to be the right take, at least if you buy into this photo which was supposedly from yesterday. If so, this is basically how he looked in game shape last year. Not saying he's in perfect condition or anything (no injured NBA player is), but he's obviously not 330 in this pic.

FGGvbmUXsAkVQ7_.jpg
    Is it real? No one with a hint of a mask in that pic.

FGGvbmUXsAkVQ7_.jpg
    When can we start calling this saga photogate? I certainly hope this is a recent photo, and not just because it supports my decision to only wear black and navy blue t-shirts and face directly at the camera when someone is taking a photo to take full advantage of the slimming opportunities.

Really looking forward to seeing Zion on the court, but only after everyone is 100% sure his feet et al are ready (and perhaps when NO has secured some nice odds in the lottery).

FGGvbmUXsAkVQ7_.jpg
    Do you think that dude wearing the hat could guard him on a fast break if Williamson were to get the pass around 20 feet from the rim and that guy is the only defender between he and the basket?

Speaking of tubby players, has there even been a point guard both better and more fleshy than Kyle Lowry?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Is it real? No one with a hint of a mask in that pic.
    Zion does live in Louisiana I assume...not the biggest mask wearing region of the country. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Speaking of tubby players, has there even been a point guard both better and more fleshy than Kyle Lowry?
    Should we consider James Harden a point guard? He definitely filled that role last year and is averaging better than 9 assist/game this year (and is somewhat slimmer).

Never.

Oh wait, I just saw roywhite’s mention of Harden. Hmm, now I’m not so sure about Lowry. Harden would give him a run for his money, especially if there were a cheeseburger waiting for the winner!

What about... Fat Lever????? (Ba dum tisssssssss.)

I still think it’s absurd to believe Zion is 330 pounds. It almost defies logic to believe he got that big over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I still think it’s absurd to believe Zion is 330 pounds. It almost defies logic to believe he got that big over the summer.
    It's not hard to picture Zion at 300+ pounds playing pro football.

Not better, but Khalid El-Amin was more fleshy.

Too soon?

On a more serious note, big nights for a few former Duke guys tonight in the early games:

Frank Jackson(!) put up 19 on 5-7 from three in Detroit's overtime loss to the Wizards. Seth Curry showed up huge for Philly with 23/8/4 against an admittedly undermanned Charlotte team (here's hoping no COVID for Mason Plumlee...). RJ at least shot pretty well in a brutal NY loss to Indiana (on the backend of a back-to-back for them, tbf): 19, including 3/5 from three. Gary Trent put up 24/4/3 with two steals as the Raps beat OKC. And it's not over yet, but Brandon Ingram has 16/7/5 with 4 steals (and an unfortunate 6 TOs; the Nuggets (and the refs) have really been frustrating him down the stretch) as it's going down to the wire in the Smoothie King Center.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    my decision to only wear black and navy blue t-shirts.
    Blavy. Bold choice.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Should we consider James Harden a point guard? He definitely filled that role last year and is averaging better than 9 assist/game this year (and is somewhat slimmer).
    We certainly should. He beat out Kyrie for the job. In fact, like Quinn Cook accepting Tyus Jones taking the starting point guard spot, Kyrie accepting Harden as the point guard was key to making the Nets click when they were able to put their big 3 on the floor together.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    We certainly should. He beat out Kyrie for the job. In fact, like Quinn Cook accepting Tyus Jones taking the starting point guard spot, Kyrie accepting Harden as the point guard was key to making the Nets click when they were able to put their big 3 on the floor together.
    Kind of difficult to have a Big 3 when one of them willingly chooses not to play because he doesn’t want to get one of the 7.81 BILLION doses (as of Nov. 24, 2021) of COVID-19 vaccine that have been administered worldwide. I can see why he would be so hesitant considering the small sample size. 😳

Though it’s not the Big 3, it could potentially be thought of as the big 2.5 when factoring in Harden’s oversized physique (oversized for an NBA PG, anyway).

This is not Duke-related but since this is where most of the DBR NBA fans hang out, I wanted to share the following which is hilarious on many levels:

Michael Beasley
    @Michael8easley
    7753000000 people on earth…7529999999 of em can’t guard me #wethemones (there were also many crying laughing emojis)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    This is not Duke-related but since this is where most of the DBR NBA fans hang out, I wanted to share the following which is hilarious on many levels:

Michael Beasley
    @Michael8easley
    7753000000 people on earth…7529999999 of em can’t guard me #wethemones (there were also many crying laughing emojis)
    The best thing, of course, is his inability to subtract 1 from 7753000000.

The best thing, of course, is his inability to subtract 1 from 7753000000.
    ...apparently there are 223 million people on Earth who can guard him.