Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    I know that this has been noted before, but a special thanks to the person that made

http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

During the NBA season it's my go-to site to see how every Duke player performed the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I would think Zion could use a personal trainer and a nutritionist. I'm pretty sure LeBron, Curry, others employ a whole team.
    Lebron reportedly spends over a million dollars a year on nutritionists, trainers, and personal chefs. Much like Tom Brady, Lebron is aware of every single thing he puts in his body and what it means for him to be eating/drinking it.

That is part of how you become a GOAT (or at least in the GOAT conversation).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I know that this has been noted before, but a special thanks to the person that made

http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

During the NBA season it's my go-to site to see how every Duke player performed the night before.
    Big yes to this site. After waking up, I check to see if we’re into the Apocalypse and if not check this site next.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Isn't that a Primus song?
    Too many PluPluPluPluPluPlu-Plumlees.

Isn't that a Primus song?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Too many PluPluPluPluPluPlu-Plumlees.
    Primus sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Primus sucks.
    primus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I was mildly surprised to see Mason Plumlee having a great all around game for the Hornets last night. He is going to get some easy buckets this year from Lamelo. I really like his role in Charlotte.
    Good prompt...

Mason Plumlee Duke-n-the-NBA Season Preview

-Year in League
    9th

-Brief summary of last season
    After getting pilloried for his game-losing defense against Anthony Davis in the Western Conference bubble playoffs, the Plumdog Millionaire got himself a solid late career free agent contract with the nowhere-to-go-but-up-maybe Pistons. He enjoyed near career highs in points and rebounds per game doing what he does best...setting screens, facilitating offense for others with deft passing for a big, finishing around the rim, being an efficient scorer (save for at the FT stripe) and being a + defender. With the emergence of young big Isaiah Stewart and looking to the future rather than the present, Mase was traded to the Hornets this offseason.

-Expected place in this year's rotation
    He started at center on opening night!

-Team outlook
    In the hunt for a playoff spot, a young team on the rise!

-Contract status
    Second year of 3 year deal at around $8MM per.

-If he was grinding in the gym this offseason...
    Mason is a known quantity at this point, a true professional who knows his role and executes it to perfection. With a young and talented core featuring LaMelo Ball, Miles Bridges and PJ Washington plus the remaining "prime" of Gordon Hayward, the Hornets need a center who does exactly what Mason does well. Success will mean keeping his starting job and staying healthy.

-If he was in Ibiza most of the offseason...
    Mason's ineffectiveness makes James Borrego decide that PJ Washington makes a heck of a small ball 5 and Mase's comes off the bench.

Outside of Detroit, Mason has largely been a rotation player for winning teams. I think this is an ideal spot for him and hope it all comes together, as long as it's not at the expense of the Knicks.

This can also serve as the preview for Vernon Carey who is several layers beneath Mase on the depth chart and who would probably be well served to get a lot of reps in the G-League this year.

Wendell Carter Jr.

Can anybody explain to me the thinking of the Magic on Wendell's playing time? He started, was one of a few + players on the floor, and seemed to be really impactful on the defensive/rebounding side of the ball, but only played 19 minutes. Are they trying to give playing time to some test cases? I don't know much about the Magic or their team this year, but their (under)utilization of Carter last night is somewhat head-scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by jgehtland View Post
    Can anybody explain to me the thinking of the Magic on Wendell's playing time? He started, was one of a few + players on the floor, and seemed to be really impactful on the defensive/rebounding side of the ball, but only played 19 minutes. Are they trying to give playing time to some test cases? I don't know much about the Magic or their team this year, but their (under)utilization of Carter last night is somewhat head-scratching.
    Carter is in a very crowded frontcourt. They have Mo Bamba, Robin Lopez, and Mo Wagner. Only so many minutes to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Carter is in a very crowded frontcourt. They have Mo Bamba, Robin Lopez, and Mo Wagner. Only so many minutes to go around.
    Hasn't he also been a little banged up the last season or two?

Hasn't he also been a little banged up the last season or two?
    He has definitely had a few injuries over the past 3 seasons, but is currently healthy.

Cam Reddish has had a really nice night in the Hawks’ season opener…he just hit his third 3 of the night and is sitting on 20 with just a few minutes left. He’s been really efficient too, doing that in just 20 minutes. The Hawks are +14 in his time on the floor.

The Hawks are +14 in his time on the floor.
    I mean, that sounds nice but the Hawks won this game by 25+ points. Cam's +14 was tied for the 5th best plus minus on the team.

Still, he did have a nice game and led the balanced Hawks attack in scoring (6 guys in double-figures, but Cam the only one to reach 20).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I mean, that sounds nice but the Hawks won this game by 25+ points. Cam's +14 was tied for the 5th best plus minus on the team…
    …while being tied for the 6th-most minutes on the team. So his plus-minus isn’t as mediocre as you seem to want it to sound.

Cam Reddish has had a really nice night in the Hawks’ season opener…he just hit his third 3 of the night and is sitting on 20 with just a few minutes left. He’s been really efficient too, doing that in just 20 minutes. The Hawks are +14 in his time on the floor.
    Not being a smart aleck or anything, but do you like the Hawks more than the Braves?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Not being a smart aleck or anything, but do you like the Hawks more than the Braves?
    Haha, I briefly considered adding a rude comment about Cobb County to the end of my post about last night's Hawks game before thinking better of it.

Go Dodgers!

Go Dodgers!
    Ewww

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    While I agree that Tatum can tend to settle for outside shots when he should be going to the hole, I want to give some credit for his poor performance to the steady defense of Rowan Jr!
    From what the Knicks (and RJ himself) have been saying, this seems like it's going to be a thing this year: RJ has apparently totally bought in to the idea of being THE perimeter stopper for the Knicks this year, and is willing to sacrifice his centrality to the offense to maintain a high level of defensive energy throughout games. Honestly, a super admirable thing for a guy who could probably make more of a name for himself if he was more featured offensively and took another PPG step this year.

It makes sense, though, with the Knicks losing Bullock and getting Kemba/Fournier, both of whom can fill the void offensively and... cannot fill the void defensively, we'll say. And being that primary perimeter defender for Thibs is no mean feat; this is the Jimmy Butler/Luol Deng role. Pretty funny/telling development for him to step up like this, though, I have to say, given what people tended to say about him coming out of college...

Duke-n-the-NBA Season Preview: Zion Williamson

-Year in League
    3rd

Coming off an injury-shortened, COVID-shortened rookie year, Zion fulfilled and surpassed nearly every lofty expectation heaped upon him, at least on the offensive end of the court. He was among the ~top 10 NBA players in PER, VOPR, Box +/- as well as traditional stats like scoring. He did it all. On the defensive end, he was a net negative. He earned a first All Star birth and was the 8th highest vote getter for All NBA Teams among forwards (putting him 2 places away from the 3rd team).

Starting power forward

-Team outlook
    Western Conference playoff play-in tournament or just on the outside looking in

-Contract status
    3rd year of his rookie deal with a lot of rumbling about not being happy long term in New Orleans. I don't believe a rookie has ever turned down a lucrative extension in the modern era of rookie-scale contracts. Last year there was talk of Luka being the first...and he didn't. With Zion's massive endorsement deals, some think he could be the first...but that's unlikely.

He'd be repeating his offensive exploits and starting to fulfill his potential as a rebounder and defensive player. He'd make an All NBA team and maybe even garner some MVP votes.

He'd be starting the season with a broken foot. OK, I don't know if that's true, there seems to be very little written about his offseason training regimen. In the absence of reporting, everyone wants to talk about the fact that he looks to be 300+ pounds and unsculpted.

This is a huge 12 months for Zion and the Pelicans. When will he be back on the court? How will the team play with him and without him? There is a new head coach. The front office, including the Alaskan Assassin, is under heavy scrutiny. Will he sign an extension and then try and force his way out of town? Inquiring minds want to know.

Remaining previews:
    Austin Rivers DEN, Gary Trent Jr. TOR, Jayson Tatum BOS (you tackling this flyingdutch?), Justise Winslow LAC, Luke Kennard LAC, Grayson Allen MIL, Jalen Johnson ATL, Marvin Bagley III SAC, Rodney Hood MIL, Tre Jones SAS, Tyus Jones MEM, Jabari Parker (BOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Duke-n-the-NBA Season Preview: Zion Williamson

-Year in League
    3rd

Coming off an injury-shortened, COVID-shortened rookie year, Zion fulfilled and surpassed nearly every lofty expectation heaped upon him, at least on the offensive end of the court. He was among the ~top 10 NBA players in PER, VOPR, Box +/- as well as traditional stats like scoring. He did it all. On the defensive end, he was a net negative. He earned a first All Star birth and was the 8th highest vote getter for All NBA Teams among forwards (putting him 2 places away from the 3rd team).

Starting power forward

-Team outlook
    Western Conference playoff play-in tournament or just on the outside looking in

-Contract status
    3rd year of his rookie deal with a lot of rumbling about not being happy long term in New Orleans. I don't believe a rookie has ever turned down a lucrative extension in the modern era of rookie-scale contracts. Last year there was talk of Luka being the first...and he didn't. With Zion's massive endorsement deals, some think he could be the first...but that's unlikely.

He'd be repeating his offensive exploits and starting to fulfill his potential as a rebounder and defensive player. He'd make an All NBA team and maybe even garner some MVP votes.

He'd be starting the season with a broken foot. OK, I don't know if that's true, there seems to be very little written about his offseason training regimen. In the absence of reporting, everyone wants to talk about the fact that he looks to be 300+ pounds and unsculpted.

This is a huge 12 months for Zion and the Pelicans. When will he be back on the court? How will the team play with him and without him? There is a new head coach. The front office, including the Alaskan Assassin, is under heavy scrutiny. Will he sign an extension and then try and force his way out of town? Inquiring minds want to know.

Remaining previews:
    Austin Rivers DEN, Gary Trent Jr. TOR, Jayson Tatum BOS (you tackling this flyingdutch?), Justise Winslow LAC, Luke Kennard LAC, Grayson Allen MIL, Jalen Johnson ATL, Marvin Bagley III SAC, Rodney Hood MIL, Tre Jones SAS, Tyus Jones MEM, Jabari Parker (BOS)

Zion Williamson Weight Concerns Are Back

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/zio...s-01fjfcfhgwp5