Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Technically a low of 0 in 2022...
    Ouch. That's a lesson in pulling stats there.

So. Five seasons, all under 60 games, one with zero, one with nine.

I think it's fair to question that dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Yeah. Kawhi - if healthy - is the best SF out there. But that 'if' is a biiiiiiig if. And that's why you gotta discount his productivity.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Yeah. Kawhi - if healthy - is the best SF out there. But that 'if' is a biiiiiiig if. And that's why you gotta discount his productivity.
    The best ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

As previously mentioned, Leonard was All-NBA on offense AND defense in the last season he played, which is pretty much the definition of dominant. And btw, one of the main reasons Tatum made All-NBA First Team in 2021 was because Leonard and LeBron were injured.

And playing 60 games or so is fairly common for the elite players these days. Teams have gotten smart about giving their best players lots of regular season games off so that they will be fresher for the playoffs, which are the games that matter the most by far.

I’ve never seen so many shots taken at a guy simply because he had the misfortune to suffer an injury. This is kind of strange. But it is DBR, so…….
    Last edited by Steven43; 08-03-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    As previously mentioned, Leonard was All-NBA on offense AND defense in the last season he played, which is pretty much the definition of dominant. And btw, one of the main reasons Tatum made All-NBA First Team in 2021 was because Leonard and LeBron were injured.

And playing 60 games or so is fairly common for the elite players these days. Teams have gotten smart about giving their best players lots of regular season games off so that they will be fresher for the playoffs, which are the games that matter the most by far.

I’ve never seen so many shots taken at a guy simply because he had the misfortune to suffer an injury. This is kind of strange. But it is DBR, so…….
    No one is taking shots at the guy. I think you're reading into this too much. I don't think there are a lot of folks saying healthy Tatum > healthy Kawhi. It's more about 'likely state of health Tatum' vs 'likely state of health Kawhi'. And that's the debate.

Also, saying he plays 60 games a season isn't genuine. In the last 5 years, he played 9, 60, 57, 52, and 0 games. The years he played 9, 52, and 0 games were due to injury and not load management.

Kawhi IS injury prone. That really isn't up for debate.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

No one is taking shots at the guy. I think you're reading into this too much. I don't think there are a lot of folks saying healthy Tatum > healthy Kawhi. It's more about 'likely state of health Tatum' vs 'likely state of health Kawhi'. And that's the debate.

Also, saying he plays 60 games a season isn't genuine. In the last 5 years, he played 9, 60, 57, 52, and 0 games. The years he played 9, 52, and 0 games were due to injury and not load management.

Kawhi IS injury prone. That really isn't up for debate.
    I don’t know if it’s actually true that Leonard is injury-prone. I’ve heard that he sat out most of his last season with the Spurs less because of injury and more because he no longer trusted team management and wanted out. The injury was almost certainly built up into being more than it actually was.

And If you’ll recall, he came back immediately after that “injury” to lead a so-so Raptors team to an NBA championship.

I don’t know if it’s actually true that Leonard is injury-prone. I’ve heard that he sat out most of his last season with the Spurs less because of injury and more because he no longer trusted team management and wanted out. The injury was almost certainly built up into being more than it actually was.

And If you’ll recall, he came back immediately after that “injury” to lead a so-so Raptors team to an NBA championship.
    I mean, no one is saying that he isn't an absolutely elite athlete and one of the best basketball players in the world.

If he was healthy and didn't have the history he currently has, there wouldn't be any question about who was the "most dominant" player at his position.

But, here we are. Sitting on the bench isn't very dominant.

Who knew I was dropping such a stick of dynamite with a BR article. I’m pretty sure their writers are just a bunch of monkeys banging at random on a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Who knew I was dropping such a stick of dynamite with a BR article. I’m pretty sure their writers are just a bunch of monkeys banging at random on a keyboard.
    Undoubtedly true. But those monkees — cheeky little bastards that they are — sure know how to sow seeds of discord! It’s what they do. 😜

Undoubtedly true. But those monkees — cheeky little bastards that they are — sure know how to sow seeds of discord! It’s what they do. 😜
    Yep, success is measured by total “hits” coupled with ad revenue per or subscriptions.

I’ve followed Leonard since he enrolled at SDSU, and I don’t see him as someone who would fake an injury to force a trade. I do agree that he no longer trusted the Spurs, and in particular didn’t trust the Spurs with managing his injury.

As for his “immediate” return from injury, do you recall the timeline? He got injured during the ‘17-‘18 season — a quad injury. There was a disagreement about whether he should return to play in March of ‘18 and he never did. He was traded in July.

The next season he provided the missing piece to take the Raptors over the top, along with new HC Nick Nurse and Danny Green.

No one knows what Kahwi’s true motivation was, but his publicly stated reason — not trusting the Spurs to handle his quad injury correctly — makes sense to me, so I’m not going to call him a liar.
    Carolina delenda est

Expanding this thread to Duke players in the WNBA. For a moment last weekend, Chelsea Gray made her team, the Las Vegas Aces, look like the Harlem Globetrotters. The inbounds play:

He’s baaack! Good luck Quinn, you’re one of my all-time faves.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/stat...3CohEUpRLCjb3w

Duke will have 26 Men in the NBA . I could have missed someone. I counted Frank Jackson and not certain he is still with Detroit Pistons.Don't believe Matthew Hurt or Cassius Stanley are on any team. Not going to type my list. Curious if anyone else on this board has made a count for 22/23 Season.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Duke will have 26 Men in the NBA . I could have missed someone. I counted Frank Jackson and not certain he is still with Detroit Pistons.Don't believe Matthew Hurt or Cassius Stanley are on any team. Not going to type my list. Curious if anyone else on this board has made a count for 22/23 Season.
    NBA.com lists 27 players including Frank Jackson with the Pistons: https://www.nba.com/players

You can filter by college

Edit: neither Hurt nor Stanley are listed

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    He’s baaack! Good luck Quinn, you’re one of my all-time faves.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/stat...3CohEUpRLCjb3w
    So glad to read this. Quinn is definitely one of my faves.

Go Duke [in the NBA]!!!

Frank Jackson is an unrestricted free agent as Detroit didn't pick up his option at the end of the season. I think most roster info might not be updated for the upcoming season til after preseason roster decisions are finalized. Unfortunately I can't find any chatter about Frank getting picked up. He had a nice first season with the Pistons where he shot over 40% from 3, but dropped to just over 30% last season.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    Frank Jackson is an unrestricted free agent as Detroit didn't pick up his option at the end of the season. I think most roster info might not be updated for the upcoming season til after preseason roster decisions are finalized. Unfortunately I can't find any chatter about Frank getting picked up. He had a nice first season with the Pistons where he shot over 40% from 3, but dropped to just over 30% last season.
    Sounds like a head scratcher for Piston fans..

“Jackson did fit in with the Pistons culture. He was known as a good guy, a hard worker and never a peep of locker room trouble. And with the Pistons badly in need of outside shooting (29th in the NBA on three-pointers last season), that they would let go of one of the few guys who has shown they can hit the ‘three-ball’ is a bit surprising”.

https://pistonpowered.com/2022/06/29...killian-hayes/
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Theo John has his first professional destination as an injury to a returning player meant that Kauhajoki Karhu in Finland needed another post as soon as possible:
    https://www.karhubasket.fi/2022/08/1...aan-sentteria/

It's definitely a good place to start a career with a chance to impress and move up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Theo John has his first professional destination as an injury to a returning player meant that Kauhajoki Karhu in Finland needed another post as soon as possible:
    https://www.karhubasket.fi/2022/08/1...aan-sentteria/

It's definitely a good place to start a career with a chance to impress and move up in the future.
    I guess I'll think of Theo whenever I strap on my Karhu cross country skis.