Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Bagley with 26 and 13 in a win over the high kicking Rockettes.

In the category of assist of the year, we have this little ditty from Tyus Jones.

Jaw-dropping...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In the category of assist of the year, we have this little ditty from Tyus Jones.

Jaw-dropping...
    Reminds me quite a bit of Zion's pass to Tre Jones at Duke.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Reminds me quite a bit of Zion's pass to Tre Jones at Duke.
    His pass to RJ vs. Kentucky in the first game of the season was the assist of the year.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Grayson with a really hard foul on Caruso in the 3rd quarter of Bulls-Bucks. Caruso was going fast to the basket and Grayson went hard after the ball (probably was a foul but the initial play was a very clear attempt on the ball) then in the air swung around and sort of hit Caruso in the head. Caruso landed really hard though likely would have done so regardless of the hit in the head.

Dave Pasch said "Allen, during his time at Duke, had some issues with dirty plays" and later said that had given him a reputation. JVG said his past is not really relevant. but that it was not a good play by Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Grayson with a really hard foul on Caruso in the 3rd quarter of Bulls-Bucks. Caruso was going fast to the basket and Grayson went hard after the ball (probably was a foul but the initial play was a very clear attempt on the ball) then in the air swung around and sort of hit Caruso in the head. Caruso landed really hard though likely would have done so regardless of the hit in the head.

Dave Pasch said "Allen, during his time at Duke, had some issues with dirty plays" and later said that had given him a reputation. JVG said his past is not really relevant. but that it was not a good play by Grayson.
    If this was anyone else it’s a flagrant 1 and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If this was anyone else it’s a flagrant 1 and move on.
    I dunno man... It was a pretty vicious result. The action wasn't that insane, but the fall was brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I dunno man... It was a pretty vicious result. The action wasn't that insane, but the fall was brutal
    Did you notice that none of the Bulls players came up to push or fight him? That’s because they knew it wasn’t all that bad.

Did you notice that none of the Bulls players came up to push or fight him? That’s because they knew it wasn’t all that bad.
    That's an odd definition of a flagrant foul.

They probably know he can do all the karate and were scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's an odd definition of a flagrant foul.
    Players know when someone crosses the line and they usually will defend their teammates. No one on the court seemed to think it was dirty.

Sweep the leg, Grayson! Sweep the leg.

Yeah, I think you're on the right track here. Grayson will get lit up on Twitter because he's Grayson, but I think his reputation doesn't take a hit from this. If you look at the replay closely, his eyes are looking straight up at the ball, he was trying to swipe at the ball, but got all arm.

Video of the incident... the second arm is kinda problematic for Grayson.

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/statu...19656468418565
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Yeah, I think you're on the right track here. Grayson will get lit up on Twitter because he's Grayson, but I think his reputation doesn't take a hit from this. If you look at the replay closely, his eyes are looking straight up at the ball, he was trying to swipe at the ball, but got all arm.
    I think, deserved or not, there's a reasonable chance that this is not going to be the case and that this does end up worsening Grayson's rep in the league/significantly extending the time-frame on reputation he already has. Not shocked to see that Caruso was pissed and had some stuff to say after the game; that's kind of to be expected. But for Billy Donovan to do so? And in fairly shockingly strong and direct language for a coach? You don't see that all that often after games, and Donovan is pretty notably not the kind of coach to say that kind of thing.

Will this have any direct effect on him or his career? Probably not: there are plenty of guys in the league who have this kind of reputation, and many of them still get pursued by teams in spite of (or because of?) it. But if Billy Donovan of all people is citing Grayson's "history of this" in a plea for the league to suspend him, that's a pretty good sign that people in the league do think this about Grayson. That said, nice to see some of his teammates speaking out in his defense; Allen has always been a great teammate, and as long as your guys are sticking with you, that's really all you need.

Also, presented without commentary, here's a play from LA/Orlando tonight where Jalen Suggs got knocked out of the air by THT, who was given a Flagrant 1 and played the rest of the game through with no commentary after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Video of the incident... the second arm is kinda problematic for Grayson.

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/statu...19656468418565
    Yeah, that's not a Flagrant 2 at all. The only issue anyone seems to have is the second swipe with the right arm that didn't contribute at all to the fall. Hell, GA barely missed getting the ball on the initial play. That's just a hard foul for most anyone else.

If we go to the tape, I bet we can find dozens of "harder" plays that weren't flagrant 2s. I'm talking modern ball, nevermid 80s/90s ball where that's probably legal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    I think, deserved or not, there's a reasonable chance that this is not going to be the case and that this does end up worsening Grayson's rep in the league/significantly extending the time-frame on reputation he already has. Not shocked to see that Caruso was pissed and had some stuff to say after the game; that's kind of to be expected. But for Billy Donovan to do so? And in fairly shockingly strong and direct language for a coach? You don't see that all that often after games, and Donovan is pretty notably not the kind of coach to say that kind of thing.

Will this have any direct effect on him or his career? Probably not: there are plenty of guys in the league who have this kind of reputation, and many of them still get pursued by teams in spite of (or because of?) it. But if Billy Donovan of all people is citing Grayson's "history of this" in a plea for the league to suspend him, that's a pretty good sign that people in the league do think this about Grayson. That said, nice to see some of his teammates speaking out in his defense; Allen has always been a great teammate, and as long as your guys are sticking with you, that's really all you need.

Also, presented without commentary, here's a play from LA/Orlando tonight where Jalen Suggs got knocked out of the air by THT, who was given a Flagrant 1 and played the rest of the game through with no commentary after the game.
    The tape...🤔

Pay no attention everyone. It's simply another isolated incident.

Grayson is simply playing hard defense and trying to hit the ball. So what that he took a swipe at it with each arm? He got twisted around in mid-air after a full sprint. Obviously, it’s not going to end softly. It’s a violent physical action, but not the slightest bit dirty. This kind of result is the norm when two guys collide after a full sprint.

Anyone who believes Allen was thinking “Oh great, I have a perfect excuse to try and hurt Caruso while making it look like I was just playing hard defense” is an absolute fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Grayson is simply playing hard defense and trying to hit the ball. So what that he took a swipe at it with each arm? He got twisted around in mid-air after a full sprint. Obviously, it’s not going to end softly. It’s a violent physical action, but not the slightest bit dirty. This kind of result is the norm when two guys collide after a full sprint.

Anyone who believes Allen was thinking “Oh great, I have a perfect excuse to try and hurt Caruso while making it look like I was just playing hard defense” is an absolute fool.
    I agree Grayson wasn't looking to hurt Caruso. The second arm swipe opens the door a crack for critics. The initial swipe is absolutely nothing in my book. Not even a Flagrant 1. But the second arm, along with Grayson not instinctively going over to try and help him up or say, "Sorry. You ok?" isn't exactly the best look for him. That, to me, is what makes it look worse.