Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1902

Rodney Hood in the off season

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I have never seen a Gilligan hat look small on a person.

That changed today...
    Lol. That’s a hilarious comment. 😂

A review of the Blue Devils who’ve played for Orlando

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...ayer-from-duke

ho ho ho

Briant Windhorst reports that Kyrie and Durant still want to play together, just not in Brooklyn. I can't imagine who's going to want to pay for that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Briant Windhorst reports that Kyrie and Durant still want to play together, just not in Brooklyn. I can't imagine who's going to want to pay for that.
    I mean, they’ve barely played together in Brooklyn. Something like 44 games in 3 years?

Kyrie has been on 3 teams and has been miserable on all 3. But #4 will be different?

Durant remains a generational talent. Not sure what he’s looking for here, though. He and Kyrie essentially ran the Nets for the last 3 years - hard to imagine any franchise bending over backward *more* than that for him - is that even mathematically possible? Unless he just doesn’t like the pizza in Brooklyn, this smacks of “well we well and truly screwed up this franchise, someone please hand us another one.”

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I mean, they’ve barely played together in Brooklyn. Something like 44 games in 3 years?

Kyrie has been on 3 teams and has been miserable on all 3. But #4 will be different?

Durant remains a generational talent. Not sure what he’s looking for here, though. He and Kyrie essentially ran the Nets for the last 3 years - hard to imagine any franchise bending over backward *more* than that for him - is that even mathematically possible? Unless he just doesn’t like the pizza in Brooklyn, this smacks of “well we well and truly screwed up this franchise, someone please hand us another one.”
    I could not agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

Yeah, I'm as player-first of a fan as you will find. But this rather reeks of entitlement if true.

When players like this flex like this, it must make it so much more difficult for "regular" players.

We don't have a 22-23 season thread yet so I'm posting it here. A brief article about Paolo and the Magic from ESPN.

How the Orlando Magic are building around Paolo Banchero -- using a formula that built a dynasty

Chip Engelland update

Hired by the Thunder.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ch-sources-say

Supposedly has long been one of the highest paid assistants. Left the Spurs after 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah, I'm as player-first of a fan as you will find. But this rather reeks of entitlement if true.

When players like this flex like this, it must make it so much more difficult for "regular" players.
    I’m already sick of whatever potential team they join. As an aside, shouldn’t Ben Simmons be the ideal 3rd banana to Kyrie an Durant? Seems like a ball sharing rebounder and strong defender would be their dream date.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I’m already sick of whatever potential team they join. As an aside, shouldn’t Ben Simmons be the ideal 3rd banana to Kyrie an Durant? Seems like a ball sharing rebounder and strong defender would be their dream date.
    Yeah, selfishly, I hope they all get to a good place and spend some time on the floor together --- I'd love to see it as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, selfishly, I hope they all get to a good place and spend some time on the floor together --- I'd love to see it as a fan.
    Well, you just happened to use a word (selfish) that aptly describes many of the actions and comments of these three particular gentlemen over the past 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Supposably, Durant asked for a trade because, in part, he did not like how the Nets treated Kyrie.

I find that odd if true.

Looks like Brooklyn is standing pat and hoping things work out in training camp. That's going to be one drama-filled training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Well, you just happened to use a word (selfish) that aptly describes many of the actions and comments of these three particular gentlemen over the past 12 months.
    Perhaps. But I still think it would be cool to see them play together and, at the end of the day, that is primarily why I watch sports*. Score ball real fun!!!

*I stand to take that back when the parties involved have done something truly heinous or illegal, which is not the case with Durant, Simmons, and KI**.

**Well, a lot of KI's anti-science comments have annoyed me because my teacher friends have had to deal with the fall-out of, "But Uncle Drew said the world is flat...". Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Perhaps. But I still think it would be cool to see them play together and, at the end of the day, that is primarily why I watch sports*. Score ball real fun!!!
    Lol. Your last comment made me laugh. 😂

And yes. I fully agree that it would be fun and exciting to see these three talented athletes play together. I can’t predict how it would turn out, but it would certainly be fascinating to see.

Lol. Your last comment made me laugh. 😂

And yes. I fully agree that it would be fun and exciting to see these three talented athletes play together. I can’t predict how it would turn out, but it would certainly be fascinating to see.
    I too was hoping to see this team-up, along with Seth possibly being the starting 2 for the Nets. Would have been something.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Supposably, Durant asked for a trade because, in part, he did not like how the Nets treated Kyrie.

I find that odd if true.
    I believe most on the team didn't like that the org held Kyrie out of away games for a time when the COVID vaccine requirement was in place for home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I believe most on the team didn't like that the org held Kyrie out of away games for a time when the COVID vaccine requirement was in place for home games.
    Maybe. I thought they were overwhelmingly supportive against all reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Personally, I thought it was refreshing to see the Nets organization take a stand, at least for a while, against KI’s anti-science idiocy.

Personally, I thought it was refreshing to see the Nets organization take a stand, at least for a while, against KI’s anti-science idiocy.
    Lol... Different interpretations I guess.