Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Bolden

Still trying to make it happen Utah Jazz.https://hoopshype.com/storyline/marq...n-free-agency/

Milwaukee Bucks

May have Allen, Hood, DeLaurier and transfer Semi Ojeleye.https://hoopshype.com/lists/milwauke...w-projections/

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    May have Allen, Hood, DeLaurier and transfer Semi Ojeleye.https://hoopshype.com/lists/milwauke...w-projections/
    That article lists Allen as the third string SG for the Bucks. Donte DiVincenzo is hurt right now and may not be available until after the season starts. Even if he is available, I think Allen has a chance to beat him out and be the starting SG for Milwaukee. Grayson is a better shooter and better scorer. They are fairly similar on defense. DD is a stronger rebounder, for sure but these guys are not so different that it is a no brainer which one starts and gets the lion's share of the minutes. I think Milwaukee wants a knock-down shooter from that role -- someone who can catch and fill it up when Giannis, Jrue, and Middleton get double-teamed. Grayson is ideal for that role.

Rodney Hood could be in the mix here too, but he has really been impacted by injuries in recent years and his outside shooting was dismal last season.

-Jason "the Bucks could also play George Hill at PG and move Jrue to SG some of the time..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Still trying to make it happen Utah Jazz.https://hoopshype.com/storyline/marq...n-free-agency/
    The Jazz have 14 players with guaranteed contracts coming into the season. They already have 2 guys signed to 2-way deals (Trent Forrest and Justin James). Sadly for Marques, the Jazz are pretty solid at the C position with Gobert and Whiteside as well as Udoka Azubuike who looked really good in NBA summer league (averaged 13.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks a game). I think Marques is hoping to merely be one of the team's 4 designated G-League players, which would allow him to earn more than a regular G-Leaguer.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...r1agpwgvzjr0pv

Sorry if this has already been posted previously; I just found out two minutes ago.

Anyway, this is ominous. I’m so bummed out. 😞
    More like the curse of feet. Human feet are fragile and Zion is putting his through unimaginable stress. This is just physics winning over biology. Just because Zion is big an strong- does not help his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    More like the curse of feet. Human feet are fragile and Zion is putting his through unimaginable stress. This is just physics winning over biology. Just because Zion is big an strong- does not help his feet.
    yes, if there were a foot union, they would very much be against having 280 lb guys like Zion, Brand and Boozer standing on them all day.

Grayson genius response

Reporter to Grayson during Bucks training camp (with Rodney Hood next to Grayson actually):

"When people discuss you, they talk about your incidents in college. Do you think it's fair that people bring up incidents from when you were a teenager basically?"

Grayson's genius response: "Well, you just asked me about it. So do you think it's fair?" (laughs)

bahahahahaa. He then proceeds to answer it pretty humbly, noting how it was one of the biggest stories in college sports at the time...it's beyond absurd.

https://twitter.com/DukeTWTClips/sta...40965599666179

Here's a longer video of a recent press conference:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvi...MilwaukeeBucks

He thinks that the new officiating rule to not allow shooters to initiate contact won't really impact him, because he doesn't do that/get those calls anyways. Had some other smart thoughts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Reporter to Grayson during Bucks training camp (with Rodney Hood next to Grayson actually):

"When people discuss you, they talk about your incidents in college. Do you think it's fair that people bring up incidents from when you were a teenager basically?"

Grayson's genius response: "Well, you just asked me about it. So do you think it's fair?" (laughs)

bahahahahaa. He then proceeds to answer it pretty humbly, noting how it was one of the biggest stories in college sports at the time...it's beyond absurd.

https://twitter.com/DukeTWTClips/sta...40965599666179
    I think there may have been a tiny bit of Wisconsin trolling at the end of that answer. "Being here, I'm sure that's what Wisconsin fans think about me," is kinda hysterical seeing as he was a straight up WISCONSIN KILLER in the National Championship game in 2015. Ha! Well played, Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think there may have been a tiny bit of Wisconsin trolling at the end of that answer. "Being here, I'm sure that's what Wisconsin fans think about me," is kinda hysterical seeing as he was a straight up WISCONSIN KILLER in the National Championship game in 2015. Ha! Well played, Grayson.

Some brilliant coaching moves by K in that game.

Grayson was the most obvious. The guy had been playing more late in the season, but to go to him so aggressively in the NC game?

Then moving Amile around on D

Looking at the box score, Amile and Grayson each played 21 minutes where Jahlil only played 22. Now some of that was due to foul trouble, but not all of it.

I checked on Marques's PT all last season whether it was G league, his few NBA stints, or whatever. I'm rooting for him. I always thought he was a significantly underrated shot blocker and rotational defender and he definitely improved his post moves although they are still a bit mechanical. His problem as I Think we all know is that he just lacks that spark of energy needed to play at a high level offensively.

YouTube: NBA Top 10 Plays of October 6. #3 is Jalen Johnson to Cam Reddish.

reddish.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

reddish.jpg
    Hawks fans are bullish on Reddish's prospects this season, to the point of being downright giddy. I am also excited to see how he'll do with a (hopefully) full injury-free season. He would seem to be a great fit with the Hawks' roster and style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Hawks fans are bullish on Reddish's prospects this season, to the point of being downright giddy. I am also excited to see how he'll do with a (hopefully) full injury-free season. He would seem to be a great fit with the Hawks' roster and style of play.
    It is a real make or break year for Cam. Third year in the league and he is extension eligible after this season. The Hawks have some decisions to make on the perimeter and it is somewhat unlikely the can afford to keep all three of Reddish, DeAndre Hunter, and Kevin Huerter. Cam and Hunter have both dealt with injuries so durability could be part of the Hawks decision-making here. Cam needs to show more consistency to earn the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

reddish.jpg
    Great to see Reddish on the court. Hope he plays his way into a great second contract. Not sure who the Jalan guy is, I was going to look him up, started to Google him but then I just quit.

It is a real make or break year for Cam. Third year in the league and he is extension eligible after this season. The Hawks have some decisions to make on the perimeter and it is somewhat unlikely the can afford to keep all three of Reddish, DeAndre Hunter, and Kevin Huerter. Cam and Hunter have both dealt with injuries so durability could be part of the Hawks decision-making here. Cam needs to show more consistency to earn the big bucks.
    Good points, Jason, and I agree that there are gonna be some tough roster questions for the Hawks in the next year or two, especially given that John Collins just signed a big extension and Trae Young figures to get a max deal as soon as he's eligible.
    Right now, I'd say that Cam stands third of the three players you mentioned, largely because he's just the biggest unknown. DeAndre Hunter has battled injuries too, but he has already at least somewhat distinguished himself as a strong two-way player, especially valuable on defense because the rest of the team isn't exactly the strongest on D, and Huerter is rather a fan favorite due to his "instant offense" shooting off the bench and his colorful personality/hair.
    That said, Reddish definitely has an opportunity if he can likewise establish himself as a two-way player. I particularly think he could leapfrog Huerter, simply because he seems to have more pure talent and physical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Good points, Jason, and I agree that there are gonna be some tough roster questions for the Hawks in the next year or two, especially given that John Collins just signed a big extension and Trae Young figures to get a max deal as soon as he's eligible.
    Right now, I'd say that Cam stands third of the three players you mentioned, largely because he's just the biggest unknown. DeAndre Hunter has battled injuries too, but he has already at least somewhat distinguished himself as a strong two-way player, especially valuable on defense because the rest of the team isn't exactly the strongest on D, and Huerter is rather a fan favorite due to his "instant offense" shooting off the bench and his colorful personality/hair.
    That said, Reddish definitely has an opportunity if he can likewise establish himself as a two-way player. I particularly think he could leapfrog Huerter, simply because he seems to have more pure talent and physical ability.
    First of all, the Hawks already reached a max deal with Trae. It is for 5 years and $172.5 million. But, if he makes one of the All-NBA teams this year, it jumps to $207 million. These figures are estimates based on what the cap will be after this season. The Hawks would gladly pay the $207 mil in exchange for Trae continuing to get better and becoming an All-NBA player (top 15 players in the game).

In terms of the other guys, Hunter is absolutely considered the most valuable of the three wings. He was showing himself to be a legit scoring threat (17+ ppg) with legit All-NBA defensive ability before he got hurt last year. When he came back from the injury, he wasn't even close to the same player and then he got hurt again in the playoffs. If he gets fully healthy, the Hawks are going to give him something not altogether different from what they gave John Collins ($125 mil over 5 years). A that point, the Hawks would sorta have their "Big three" in Hunter, Colins, and Trae (wit Clint Capella protecting the rim and running PnR slam dunks with Trae). They feel like that would be 2 All-Star level (or close to it) players and then a third transcendent All-NBA dude running the show. But, getting Hunter healthy is the big question mark at this point.

Huerter feels to me like he is a solid but not special 6th or 7th man on a championship contender. He's good at a lot of things and not bad at anything, but he isn't great at anything either. He is a bit of an enigma in that he can be great one day (27 points in 40 minutes in game 7 against the Sixers when Trae got hurt) and just disappear the next (0 points in 27 minutes in game 5 against the Sixers, or 3 points in 23 minutes in game 3). The question is probably going to be how much the rest of the league values him after this year. If someone offers him something like what the Hawks are paying Bogdan Bogdonovic ($17-$18 mil/season) then I don't think Atlanta can afford to keep him.

It may be good for Reddish that he is a year behind Huerter in terms of his rookie contract. When Huerter comes up this summer, it will be the same time the Hawks are moving into Trae's max extension and the same time the team is still paying Gallinari ($21.5 mil) and Bogdonovic. Matching a lucrative offer for Hurter may be out of reach at that point (though they could cut Gallo and only owe him $5 mil). But, the next year when Cam Reddish comes up for an extension, Gallo will be off the books and it is possible Bogdan could be gone as well (he has an $18 mil player option, which he could opt out of if he thinks the market is hot for him). All that could serve to put Cam in an ideal spot to sorta become the 2nd or 3rd guy in the Hawks wing rotation almost by default.

FWIW, I think the Hawks expect Okongwu to eventually replace Gallo as the team's backup big man (they just extended Capella and now have him for the next 4 years at about $20 mil per season) and there is a lot of optimism that the team got a steal in Jalen Johnson. It may take a couple years but I could see Jalen being the primary backup to both Collins and Hunter by 2023-24 when Gallo is gone.

Tons of optimism around Hawks watchers that the team is pretty nicely set up to be a contender for at least the next 4 seasons or so. Exciting times in the A-T-L!

-Jason "with all their young assets, it is also possible the Hawks make a play for another superstar if one becomes available... Bradley Beal for Bogdan, Huerter or Cam, Jalen Johnson, and a couple firsts?" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-08-2021 at 04:44 PM.

-Jason "with all their young assets, it is also possible the Hawks make a play for another superstar if one becomes available... Bradley Beal for Bogdan, Huerter or Cam, Jalen Johnson, and a couple firsts?" Evans
    Had to throw in Jahlil to make the cap work.

-Jason "and trading Beal helps Washington in the #Choking4Chet or #Putrid4Paolo race to the bottom too!" Evans

I know Jalen isn’t exactly a fan favorite around here, but the few stretches we saw where he was fully engaged he was a beast. If he’s ready to finally unpack his bags in the famous words of Coach K, he absolutely WILL be a steal for the Hawks.

ETA: provided Jason doesn’t trade him first 😁

Been following Duke in the NBA. Last game October 6 was a poor % of DNP. Jones Hood Ingram with injuries and Winslow illness

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401365912.

Giles had a negative 21 (-21) 12 minutes 6 rebounds. Giles needs to step up every game if he will get to stay with the Clippers.Kennard is in good shape. Clippers with Ballmer have to have an upward trajectory. New Arena in 2023 convenient to LAX near the Fabulous Forum.From design and taking data from Cameron Indoor Stadium will be one of the best experiences in live basketball. Intuit Arena.But really, it’s all about the toilets. “The architects keep getting on me. You’re supposed to call them ‘fixtures’ instead of toilets. But it’s the same thing,” Ballmer says. “We’re putting a whole lot more toilets than anyone else in the NBA.”

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2021/9...rs-intuit-dome

Saw my final Rolling Stones concert behind the stage at the Forum.Was not a good seat but my alltime favorite drummer Charlie Watts played. 1971/72 Lakers were one of the winningest champions of all time. Before Showtime Lakers. Wilt 7'1 275. Gail Goodrich started with Jerry West. Not many backcourts exist in the NBA any more. Goodrich 6'1 170 and West 6'3 175
    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../LAL/1972.html

Saw my final Rolling Stones concert behind the stage at the Forum.
    I had my car stolen from the parking lot of the Forum in 1983. The Inglewood Police found it a few days later with only the radio gone. Those early eighties were good years to be a Lakers fan. I went back but not in the same car.