Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Boo to you Billy Dat for replacing my Zion post with one of your own

Just kidding of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Zion Williamson Weight Concerns Are Back

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/zio...s-01fjfcfhgwp5
    Depressed at his/the situation in New Orleans? I mean, the Zion we all know and love is a very joyful individual. If he's unhappy, weight gain might be a natural consequence.

Not trying to play armchair psychologist, but one has to wonder what's going on in his mind and heart at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Boo to you Billy Dat for replacing my Zion post with one of your own

Just kidding of course!
    DOH! I am losing my mind!!! I am just trying to get to the finish line and not trying to duplicate efforts. I am an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    DOH! I am losing my mind!!! I am just trying to get to the finish line and not trying to duplicate efforts. I am an idiot!
    LOL, no harm done. But sorry you spent that time on Zion and not [insert name of Duke player on the fringe] though!

The G League draft is on Saturday and Trevon, along with Michael Gbinije, is available for selection:
    https://gleague.nba.com/2021-nba-g-l...eligible-list/

The draft is becoming less of a method for building teams. Trevon barely got playing time when he was a first round pick a couple of years ago. Other Duke players will directly join teams via the affiliate player process and there are also returning players that do not go through the draft and the occasional player who joins through local tryouts.

Good to see RJ getting some love. Having expressed concern about RJ's trajectory at this time last year - reasonably, IMO, as he was in an appalling shooting funk - it's worth noting again how much he improved over the rest of the year...40% on 3's for year after a putrid start. Go RJ.

Speaking of RJ, another guy from that squad who doesn't always get a ton of love but who deserves a shout for his start to the year is Cam Reddish. He went for 20 points on 15 shots in just 21 minutes the other day in the Hawks beatdown of Dallas (obviously it's very early, and ATL is very good, but wow, Dallas looked awful). It's clear he's got the absolute green light offensively coming off the bench, and he looks as healthy as I've seen him look in a long time. There's just such a difference in his game when he's able to make quick moves and not be hesitant; whether that's been related to his health or not in the past, who knows, but seeing him score from three levels with relative ease is just awesome to see.

Atlanta has a ton of good do-it-all wings/forwards (Jalen Johnson is going to have a bear of a time getting any minutes if they stay healthy), but it's clear that Reddish has carved out a great role as an offensive sparkplug, especially in minutes without Trae Young running the offence. He's got a chance to have a big year scoring, and I think Atlanta is a legit threat to make another deep run in the playoffs.

Michael Gbinije gets picked 9th by Iowa and then Trevon was picked 34th by Grand Rapids:
    https://gleague.nba.com/2021-nba-g-league-draft-order/

They will head to training camp and then try to make the final rosters as even the top draft picks can struggle to make the cut. I guess that it is at least good to be drafted before teams start passing on making selections.

Tatum feeling it early…

And Curry even more with 14 points in the first 7 minutes!
    Last edited by AGDukesky; 10-24-2021 at 07:26 PM.

23 in the first quarter for Curry on 6/7 threes!

Luke Kennard led his Clippers team to victory over Portland while going 8-10 from the field, 6-7 from 3-pt, and scoring 23 points in 24 minutes to go along with 4 rebounds and 3 assists.

Way to go, Luke!

Cool Hand Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Luke Kennard led his Clippers team to victory over Portland while going 8-10 from the field, 6-7 from 3-pt, and scoring 23 points in 24 minutes to go along with 4 rebounds and 3 assists.

Way to go, Luke!
    I think Luke is appreciated by Steve Ballmer. I wonder if Harry Giles III will ever stick on an NBA club or will he do the Shavlik Randolph route?
    https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401359873

Tatum with 41 last night, in an OT win.

https://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

My man Grayson Allen had 19 points(4-9 on 3s) in the Bucks win last night over the Pacers. Grayson started and played 32 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    My man Grayson Allen had 19 points(4-9 on 3s) in the Bucks win last night over the Pacers. Grayson started and played 32 minutes.
    I think he might have found his home. The personalities on that team and their style work well for Grayson. I’m excited for him.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

That's got to be one of the better nights for Dukies in the NBA! 13 with significant minutes and 8 in double-figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    That's got to be one of the better nights for Dukies in the NBA! 13 with significant minutes and 8 in double-figures.
    Also pleased to see the "stat-stuffer" line from Justise Winslow (Clips) -- 6/3/4/3/2, as in Pt/Rb/As/St/Bl.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Also pleased to see the "stat-stuffer" line from Justise Winslow (Clips) -- 6/3/4/3/2, as in Pt/Rb/As/St/Bl.
    Just pleased to see an apparently healthy Winslow.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think he might have found his home. The personalities on that team and their style work well for Grayson. I’m excited for him.

The DBR post about Allen vs. DiVincenzo is, um, not well argued. But Allen is off to a good start, and it's a kick watching Badger fans cheer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    We're probably a long way from an all-Duke version of NBA's Top 10, but this one's not bad.

#9: Jayson Tatum assists to Robert Williams, who dunks over Mason Plumlee
    #6: Cam Reddish assists to John Collins
    #4: Brandon Ingram dunks
    #1: Jayson Tatum assists to Jaylen Brown