Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 523
  1. #21
    Hey guys, inside tip: don't sleep on Alabama!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Miami rushes a 4th and goal at the 1 and gets stopped. Alabama turns around and throws a 94 yard TD pass. 34-3. Only thing remaining to see is if Saban shows some mercy to the young UM coach or if he piles it on.
    Saban usually brings in the second string QB for the fourth quarter in games like this. Not sure with a brand new QB whether he will do that though.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Watching Clemson-Georgia on one channel and UCLA-LSU on the other. What I’m seeing is a lot of ordinary-to-worse QB play from all of them. Defenses sitting on the routes snd stuffing everything. Not a lot of impressive offensive play in either game.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Watching Clemson-Georgia on one channel and UCLA-LSU on the other. What I’m seeing is a lot of ordinary-to-worse QB play from all of them. Defenses sitting on the routes snd stuffing everything. Not a lot of impressive offensive play in either game.
    But pretty impressive D

  5. #25
    Will Duke and Clemson enter week 2 of the 2021 season with the same record? We’ll likely know in about half an hour …

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Will Duke and Clemson enter week 2 of the 2021 season with the same record? We’ll likely know in about half an hour …
    Dabo gets fired and comes to Duke?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Dabo gets fired and comes to Duke?
    Some on these boards may think that’s a possibility!

    Down goes Clemson …

    ACC ranked teams (Clemson, UNC-CH, Miami, FL) looked good this weekend …

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Some on these boards may think that’s a possibility!

    Down goes Clemson …

    ACC ranked teams (Clemson, UNC-CH, Miami, FL) looked good this weekend …
    Lots of ACC fans wondering if their coaches have seen better days.

  9. #29
    Brittain Brown, Duke transfer, just scored for UCLA. In the 4th UCLA 31- LSU 20.

  10. #30
    Lots of unimpressive performances by ranked teams in week 1, sorta feels like an "Alabama stomps everyone" year...

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by jb75 View Post
    Brittain Brown, Duke transfer, just scored for UCLA. In the 4th UCLA 31- LSU 20.
    Brown had 17 carries for 96 yards and a touch in the Bruins’ big win over LSU. The game sure is easier when
    a) Youre healthy and
    b) you actually have guys, you know, blocking for you.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Brown had 17 carries for 96 yards and a touch in the Bruins’ big win over LSU. The game sure is easier when
    a) Youre healthy and
    b) you actually have guys, you know, blocking for you.
    Don't say that! Then everyone will want to leave Duke!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Brown had 17 carries for 96 yards and a touch in the Bruins’ big win over LSU. The game sure is easier when
    a) Youre healthy and
    b) you actually have guys, you know, blocking for you.
    Someone was blocking for Mateo Friday night

  14. #34

    Edsall to Retire

    Randy Edsall, Connecticut's Head Coach, announces after last night's loss to Holy Cross that he will retire at season's end.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Ohio State looked mortal last night in their win over Minnesota. It was close for 3 quarters or so, with a final of 45 - 31.

    Buckeyes are breaking in a new QB and their defense gave up significant yardage and points. On the other hand, their OL and receivers looked terrific. Bottom line -- they are again the favorite for B1G but may get a loss (or two?) along the way. Good test coming up next week vs Oregon.
    The Ducks gave them loss #1. Thank you, Ducks!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The Ducks gave them loss #1. Thank you, Ducks!
    Down go the Buckeyes !!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Pitt beats Tennessee 41-34 and Virginia pounds Illinois. Two ACC wins over P5 schools, with NC State-Mississippi State to come. And I shouldn't forget Syracuse-Rutgers as another ACC-P5 matchup. Obviously, not major wins on the level of going into Columbus and beating the Buckeyes. But perhaps signs that the ACC may not be as woebegone as some pundits would have it.

    And, of course Pitt and UVA are future Duke opponents.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Down go the Buckeyes !!
    Their defense needed some Imodium

    Spoiler!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Their defense needed some Imodium

    Spoiler!
    Reluctant sporks...

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Arkansas is currently beating the stuffing out of Texas. I’m a happy camper.

Similar Threads

  1. The Walton Belt (2020-2021 edition)
    By uh_no in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-09-2021, 09:22 AM
  2. Other People's College Football -- 2020 Edition
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 01-12-2021, 07:50 PM
  3. Other people's basketball -- 2016-17 edition
    By Troublemaker in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM
  4. Other people's football -- 2016 college edition
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 02:28 PM
  5. Other People's Football (2015 edition)
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •