Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    Hope he can prove to be a taller Kyle Guy. Seems possibly based on current tanking.
    Possible and ranking. Thought I checked but must have been autocorrected.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Nah, OAD's aren't the type I'm talking about. I mean the knockdown shooter guy off the bench who has been around forever. Every mid major who makes a sweet 16 run has one of those guys. It was supposed to be O'Connell, then Joey Baker. Hopefully Baker has 1 good year in him this season.
    There is no question that Baker is a good shooter. A good shooter in an empty gym or in practice against a familiar opponent is one thing- but doing in games with game pressure is quite another. Baker has not shown himself to shoot well in games for reasons that are more mental. What we want are shooters that can shoot in games and under pressure. Those are harder to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    In answering your question of "so what was the issue?" I would have to say the receiving player's reaction would have been different had he suffered an orbital fracture, broken nose, concussion or other injury. If you can't see one of these potential outcomes resulting from this play, then I will gladly move on.

Do you not agree that aiming at the down player's flank, hip or lower leg might have been a preferable strategy? I realize it was a split second decision, but imo the force of the throw and JS's aiming for his head are less than ideal. I am all for hustling and valuing every possession, but this did not occur during a regular season game or playoff game.

Obviously many DBR participants feel differently.
    Appreciate the sentiments, but it was a standard basketball play, not the Zapruder film.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Appreciate the sentiments, but it was a standard basketball play, not the Zapruder film.
    Don't forget the outrage crowd. Nothing gets by them.