Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Need to drop a tight end. Who would you drop?

Noah Fant
    Logan Thomas
    Pat Freiermuth

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Need to drop a tight end. Who would you drop?

Noah Fant
    Logan Thomas
    Pat Freiermuth
    Probably Thomas or Fant. Freiermuth appears to be for real now that he has the TE role to himself (the Steelers lost their other pass-catching TE to IR, and in the 3 games since then Freiermuth has put up numbers). I think he's legit as a back-end TE1.

Fant may have a challenge in a run-heavy offense with Jeudy, Sutton, and Patrick each take a decent chunk of the passing volume. Thomas hasn't produced yet this year and is on a bad team and coming back from a soft-tissue injury. Either could turn it around, but I doubt they'll play so well that you'll miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Probably Thomas or Fant. Freiermuth appears to be for real now that he has the TE role to himself (the Steelers lost their other pass-catching TE to IR, and in the 3 games since then Freiermuth has put up numbers). I think he's legit as a back-end TE1.

Fant may have a challenge in a run-heavy offense with Jeudy, Sutton, and Patrick each take a decent chunk of the passing volume. Thomas hasn't produced yet this year and is on a bad team and coming back from a soft-tissue injury. Either could turn it around, but I doubt they'll play so well that you'll miss them.
    Leaning towards Thomas but I’m less than impressed with fant.

My "good" team is 3-6, I probably need to win win at least 75% of my remaining games to have a shot at the playoffs.

My bad team is 3rd place in the league despite being 11th (out of 12) in points scored (#10 happens to be just ahead of me in second place as well, the standings are almost in reverse order of points scored).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My "good" team is 3-6, I probably need to win win at least 75% of my remaining games to have a shot at the playoffs.

My bad team is 3rd place in the league despite being 11th (out of 12) in points scored (#10 happens to be just ahead of me in second place as well, the standings are almost in reverse order of points scored).
    I'm in a somewhat similar boat.

One team is 3-6. I was able to make a favorable trade to get Lockett and Carson for Toney, Hubbard (he's the McCaffrey owner), and Booker for that player's bye week struggles. Carson may or may not pan out, but with Wilson returning hopefully Lockett gives me a solid option. I'm struggling at QB, but rolling with Wentz. Jonathan Taylor, Elijah Mitchell, and James Robinson have been huge for me. Hopefully Saquon returns and dominates. I'm one game out of the playoffs right now, but I have a brutal remaining schedule including facing the league's 3 best teams over the next 5 weeks. I'm going to need to win at least 3 of the next 5 games, and maybe 4. Yeesh.

My other team is 6-3, and in first in my division, with a pretty favorable remaining schedule. BUT, may star RB might be in hot water legally in the not-too-distant future (Dalvin Cook). That would be devastating, as I wasn't able to draft Mattison. I do still have Mixon, Gibson, Edwards-Hilaire, and Carson, but Cook is such a stud. My WR are Samuel, Chase, and Lockett.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'm in a somewhat similar boat.

One team is 3-6. I was able to make a favorable trade to get Lockett and Carson for Toney, Hubbard (he's the McCaffrey owner), and Booker for that player's bye week struggles. Carson may or may not pan out, but with Wilson returning hopefully Lockett gives me a solid option. I'm struggling at QB, but rolling with Wentz. Jonathan Taylor, Elijah Mitchell, and James Robinson have been huge for me. Hopefully Saquon returns and dominates. I'm one game out of the playoffs right now, but I have a brutal remaining schedule including facing the league's 3 best teams over the next 5 weeks. I'm going to need to win at least 3 of the next 5 games, and maybe 4. Yeesh.

My other team is 6-3, and in first in my division, with a pretty favorable remaining schedule. BUT, may star RB might be in hot water legally in the not-too-distant future (Dalvin Cook). That would be devastating, as I wasn't able to draft Mattison. I do still have Mixon, Gibson, Edwards-Hilaire, and Carson, but Cook is such a stud. My WR are Samuel, Chase, and Lockett.
    We have some of the same players that need to come through for us. I have Carson(drafted) on IR who is coming off in what looks like a few days. I lost Henry last week who was my best running back. That left me with N. Harris, Hubbard, D. Harris and D 'Ernest Johnson. Now 2 of my 3 best rbs are on IR. I traded Mahomes, Pitts, and Hubbard for, Henderson, Justin Herbert and Gesicki. I dropped Johnson and now my running backs are; N. Harris, Henderson, Carter and Mattison. I'm rolling the dice that Dalvin Cook will be suspended by the NFL. Not that I think he's guilty. I'm hoping Carson can come off IR and be effective and I'm hoping Henry's injury was not season ending. I'm leading my league with an 8-1 record, have won 8 straight games and hold a 2 game lead. If some things fall into place I could end up with N. Harris, Henderson, Henry and one of Mattison/Carson in the playoffs.

My bad team has made a comeback and now sits at 4-5. I'm only out of the playoffs and first place by 2 games but there are 4 teams tied for first place. This weeks game is about 50-50. My best rb, Mixon is on bye week and my QB, Murray is probably not playing. I'll use Carr if Kyler can't go. I haven't given up on this team and with a no limit for wavier picks ups and worst teams get first pick I've done some good matching ups when other players were injured.

Ok guys and any gals out there. Who would you play the flex position, Michael Carter, rb who plays the Bills, Melvin Ingram, rb who plays the Titans, Cole Beasley, wr who plays the Jets or Christian Kirk, wr who plays the Panthers? Need one.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Ok guys and any gals out there. Who would you play the flex position, Michael Carter, rb who plays the Bills, Melvin Ingram, rb who plays the Titans, Cole Beasley, wr who plays the Jets or Christian Kirk, wr who plays the Panthers? Need one.
    I wouldn’t play Melvin Ingram (a LB) at RB . I might play Mark Ingram at RB.

Would need more info though. Is it PPR? If not PPR, you can ignore Beasley.

My inclination would be Carter, with Ingram second choice. But he is likely to see a decent workload with Kamala out so you never know.

I'd probably go Carter as well (although I'm starting D'Ernest Johnson over Carter).

I'm trying to decide between Knox and Goedert at TE.

I'd probably go Carter as well (although I'm starting D'Ernest Johnson over Carter).

It's PPR and Mark instead of Melvin. I'm leading toward Carter even though the Bills are #1 against RBs. The Titans are #10 against. Carter has been a 3 down back and good in the passing game. The only bad thing he's been known to cheat well, that might be a good thing. If I had D'Ernest Johnson I would start him in a heartbeat. I have Knox and Hockenson and I'm going with Hockenson. He get's a good share of the targets.
    Thanks to you and CDu for your help.

It's PPR and Mark instead of Melvin. I'm leading toward Carter even though the Bills are #1 against RBs. The Titans are #10 against. Carter has been a 3 down back and good in the passing game. The only bad thing he's been known to cheat well, that might be a good thing. If I had D'Ernest Johnson I would start him in a heartbeat. I have Knox and Hockenson and I'm going with Hockenson. He get's a good share of the targets.
    Thanks to you and CDu for your help.
    Yeah Carter should catch passes too, so in PPR I would lean a bit more to him.

And I agree Hockenson over Knox this week. Good luck!

I have a similar dilemma with Knox vs Freiermuth. I currently have Knox in, but I wouldn’t call it a lock, lol.

Well, I’m in first place and someone just dropped Derrick Henry. I picked him up in case he may come back this year. Also wanted to block anyone else from get him in case he comes back during fantasy playoffs as he has the ability to destroy some brackets if he can get healthy.

Well, I'll take winning ugly. In my league where I really shouldn't be winning, I managed a ~2 point victory after Kittle only recorded one catch in the second half for my opponent (only player remaining). An 89-87 barnburner in a 3 WR league. In the league where I needed a win, I went into the night down 15 but Deebo carried me to a comfortable come from behind victory. On to next week!

Well, I'll take winning ugly. In my league where I really shouldn't be winning, I managed a ~2 point victory after Kittle only recorded one catch in the second half for my opponent (only player remaining). An 89-87 barnburner in a 3 WR league. In the league where I needed a win, I went into the night down 15 but Deebo carried me to a comfortable come from behind victory. On to next week!
    My good team cruised to a 45 point win this week, moving 2 wins clear of second place in my division with 5 games left. My bad team tied the best team in the league this week (hard to do as we have decimal-point scoring) to stay 3-6-1 and 1.5 games out of the playoff picture. So I probably need to go 3-1 over the next 4 weeks (including beating the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league to make the playoffs. Uggh!

I won ugly for the 2nd week in a row, 97-95. Henderson got me just enough points(9) over my opponent's wr, Aiyuk(6). That's 9 straight wins after an season opening loss. My bad team won again and I'm now 5-5. All of a sudden I'm winning low scoring game and that's going to be a problem sooner rather than later. I lost my best runner, Henry and I traded Mahomes to replace him because Stafford my backup qb was playing so well. Now he's gone into the tank. The trade for OBJ. Robert Woods season ending injury and the leaky defense is hurting the Rams. I'm dropping Stafford and picking up Tannehill. The combination of Hebert and Tannehill should be good in the playoffs. They each have two pretty easy games and two pretty hard ones. And they just happen to line up perfectly in their schedules.

I won ugly for the 2nd week in a row, 97-95. Henderson got me just enough points(9) over my opponent's wr, Aiyuk(6). That's 9 straight wins after an season opening loss. My bad team won again and I'm now 5-5. All of a sudden I'm winning low scoring game and that's going to be a problem sooner rather than later. I lost my best runner, Henry and I traded Mahomes to replace him because Stafford my backup qb was playing so well. Now he's gone into the tank. The trade for OBJ. Robert Woods season ending injury and the leaky defense is hurting the Rams. I'm dropping Stafford and picking up Tannehill. The combination of Hebert and Tannehill should be good in the playoffs. They each have two pretty easy games and two pretty hard ones. And they just happen to line up perfectly in their schedules.
    That is a rough go of it. I had a guy trying to trade me Stafford every week this season but luckily I never bit. On the other hand, I had Pollard and Dillon stashed on my bench in both leagues all season. Finally needed the bench space and dropped Dillon in both leagues last week. At least I'm getting CMC back!

Don't drop Stafford for Tannehill. Stafford has had two back-to-back clunkers. But he's still better than Tannehill, in a more pass-friendly offense. Tannehill just doesn't throw enough to be a consistently useful QB. Even without Henry, Tannehill is throwing under 30 passes per game.

Does anyone else think that Henry is worth a stash?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Does anyone else think that Henry is worth a stash?
    I mean, maybe? Depends on what your roster looks like. If you have an IR spot and he's available, absolutely. If you have some fungible roster spots, sure. I doubt he plays until very late in the season (if at all), and it remains to be seen how effective he'd be upon his return. But if you have the flexibility to do so, you might as well.

In both of my leagues (one with IR spots, one without) the team that drafted Henry has kept him rostered, just FYI.