Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Not feeling great about it right now. The officials bungling Dak’s should-have-been TD and Zuerlein’s extra point feels like it could look large for me. Hopefully it doesn’t cost me.
    Yep, looking bad for me now. The officials missing that TD leaves me needing 12 more points in just a quarter and a half. And game flow suggests Dallas is gonna go conservative with the big lead.

It was probably a 67% chance of a win coming in to the game, but now it is probably only about a 40% chance. Oh well.

Yep, looking bad for me now. The officials missing that TD leaves me needing 12 more points in just a quarter and a half. And game flow suggests Dallas is gonna go conservative with the big lead.

It was probably a 67% chance of a win coming in to the game, but now it is probably only about a 40% chance. Oh well.
    Ah the rollercoaster that is FFB. I went to bed down 12 at the end of 3 quarters. And then two garbage time passing TDs saved my week. I wound up winning by 2.

Unfortunately for me my 0-3 team is now 2 games out of the playoffs. A huge uphill slog left in that league.

Ah the rollercoaster that is FFB. I went to bed down 12 at the end of 3 quarters. And then two garbage time passing TDs saved my week. I wound up winning by 2.

Unfortunately for me my 0-3 team is now 2 games out of the playoffs. A huge uphill slog left in that league.
    I'm now 2-1 with my good team and 0-3 with my bad team. But I do have one thing going for me with the bad team, I have first pick in the waiver list. I'm picking up Hubbard but he's the only player worth taking. Well, maybe Emmanuel Sanders, WR and Cordarrele Patterson, RB. I might not win a game in that league unless Taylor starts to play up to par.

Congrats on your win.

I'm so annoyed. I just noticed someone dropped Justin Tucker, and I would love to add him, but I'm not actually sure I want to drop Carlson (Las Vegas) for him.

Edit: If you're wondering why, at least in my scoring Carlson was the #2 kicker behind Jason Sanders in Miami last year, with Tucker a somewhat distant 4th, and he's the #1 kicker so far this year (Tucker is #3).
    Last edited by Acymetric; 10-03-2021 at 11:21 AM.

After losing to the high-scoring team of the week the last two weeks, my 0-3 team is in position to get its first win tonight. I just need 12.6 points from Derek Carr and Mike Williams.

In my other league, Logan Thomas' in-game injury left me needing the Chargers to hold Waller to 9.7 or less for me to get the win. Hoping for the best, but kind of expecting a 1-1 week this week.

After losing to the high-scoring team of the week the last two weeks, my 0-3 team is in position to get its first win tonight. I just need 12.6 points from Derek Carr and Mike Williams.

In my other league, Logan Thomas' in-game injury left me needing the Chargers to hold Waller to 9.7 or less for me to get the win. Hoping for the best, but kind of expecting a 1-1 week this week.
    My good team won a close one for me but my bad team was realllllly bad. Joe Mixon being injured didn't do me any favors. I see no way I win a game in that league. I'm working on a trade in my good league because I have my two best running backs(Henry & Chubb) on bye the same week(week 13). The person I'm trading with has his #2 and #3 RBs on bye in week 7. We're trading #2s, Chubb for his #2, Najee Harris. I think that's a pretty even trade and in our league trades can be rejected by the league manager if he thinks the trade is not fair.

And it worked out as expected, albeit closer than expected. I got the W with my (previously) 0-3 team, but Waller did just enough to cost my (previously) 2-1 team the W.

On my 1-3 team, I have the decision of whether to acquire one of Daniel Jones or Trey Lance as speculative adds. Jones has played well so far this year, but his turnover problems have made him VERY inconsistent and not trustworthy or useful in the past. So I'm a bit skittish about him. Lance may or may not keep the starting gig once Garoppolo is healthy, but if he does his running floor and the advantage of being in a Shanahan offense makes him very appealing. I have Tannehill at QB, who gives me theoretically a decent floor. But that's the position for which I'm most at need of an upgrade as my RB and WR are pretty strong.

I'm considering the same guys as backups to Dak in my other league, where I don't really have any clear weaknesses despite my loss this week (injury driven). I will have to pick up a TE because Logan Thomas got hurt, but there are enough short-term options (Knox, Schultz, etc) that I'm not too worried about getting by at that spot.

Brutal week for me this week, as I had picked up Daniel Jones to replace Ryan Tannehill in my 1-3 (now 1-4) league. Of course he goes and gets knocked out on a dive near the goal line. But on top of that, Saquon Barkley went down with a severe ankle injury in the first quarter. That all might have been survivable as I had a strong week from James Robinson, Justin Jefferson, Mike Williams, and Kyle Pitts (finally!) and still have Jonathan Taylor to go. But I faced the week's high-scorer this week, which means I'll probably end up about 15-20 points short. First half injuries are the worst in fantasy football! So that team is 1-4, 2 games out of the playoffs now, with a huge uphill slog left. And I'll be missing one of my starting RBs to boot. At least next week I face the league doormat, so hopefully I can get a W and not fall too far out of the playoff hunt.

But it looks like I'll be hoping for Booker on waivers and looking to add a QB (Lawrence, Carr, and Tannehill are the "best" bets available) assuming Jones is out for at least a week. Trying to decide whether to prioritize the RB or the QB. Hopefully there will be more info on Barkley's injury today or tomorrow before waivers so I can decide.

In my other league, I was able to get the win and stay within 1 game of first place. Dawson Knox (my replacement for Logan Thomas) did just enough to offset my opponent's Josh Allen explosion.

Brutal week for me this week, as I had picked up Daniel Jones to replace Ryan Tannehill in my 1-3 (now 1-4) league. Of course he goes and gets knocked out on a dive near the goal line. But on top of that, Saquon Barkley went down with a severe ankle injury in the first quarter. That all might have been survivable as I had a strong week from James Robinson, Justin Jefferson, Mike Williams, and Kyle Pitts (finally!) and still have Jonathan Taylor to go. But I faced the week's high-scorer this week, which means I'll probably end up about 15-20 points short. First half injuries are the worst in fantasy football! So that team is 1-4, 2 games out of the playoffs now, with a huge uphill slog left. And I'll be missing one of my starting RBs to boot. At least next week I face the league doormat, so hopefully I can get a W and not fall too far out of the playoff hunt.

But it looks like I'll be hoping for Booker on waivers and looking to add a QB (Lawrence, Carr, and Tannehill are the "best" bets available) assuming Jones is out for at least a week. Trying to decide whether to prioritize the RB or the QB. Hopefully there will be more info on Barkley's injury today or tomorrow before waivers so I can decide.

In my other league, I was able to get the win and stay within 1 game of first place. Dawson Knox (my replacement for Logan Thomas) did just enough to offset my opponent's Josh Allen explosion.
    I would think Taylor came through for you because he did for me. I had no hope of winning but Taylor got me 32 points and I won my first game with the bad team(by 2 points). My good team put up 188 points and I won pretty easily against my new God-Son-In-Law(new word). I think he was too busy to pay too much attention to his team this weekend. I face off with the other 4-1 team this week and he has Kamara, Debo Samuel and Mitchell on bye. But I'm not going to jinx myself because anything can happen in fantasy football.

I also had DJ (and Golliday) each in a starting lineup. I'm right around .500 in both leagues. One of the leagues my team basically sucks, but with CMC and some decent WR I think I can solve some of the other problems eventually and squeak into the playoffs. The other league my team is amazing, but I have too many good options. Always a bunch of points on my bench (for example Antonio Brown still might not be in my starting lineup next week)...would like to try and do a 2 for 1 to upgrade but haven't found any good partners yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I also had DJ (and Golliday) each in a starting lineup. I'm right around .500 in both leagues. One of the leagues my team basically sucks, but with CMC and some decent WR I think I can solve some of the other problems eventually and squeak into the playoffs. The other league my team is amazing, but I have too many good options. Always a bunch of points on my bench (for example Antonio Brown still might not be in my starting lineup next week)...would like to try and do a 2 for 1 to upgrade but haven't found any good partners yet.
    Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. Last night Jonathan Taylor got me with 7 points of the win (and high score of the week) in spite of the virtual goose eggs from Jones and Barkley. But I took the loss instead, and am now 1-4. In my other league I've been navigating injuries to Mixon and Cook but I'm 3-2. In that league I'd made a trade of Ty'Son Williams for Logan Thomas because I had a terrible TE, and then Thomas got hurt two weeks later. But I did then get Dawson Knox, which has been a fortunate break.

Like you, I have a ton of depth at RB/WR. But for me finding trade partners has not been easy. The teams that could use an infusion of depth are hesitant to give up their stars, and the folks who are more trade-willing aren't looking for depth.

Does anyone else think it’s unfair that the waiver wire resets each week? I almost want to employ a strategy next year of losing on purpose at the beginning so as to be able to pick up the league’s best surprises. Makes it nearly impossible to improve your team if you start out winning.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Does anyone else think it’s unfair that the waiver wire resets each week? I almost want to employ a strategy next year of losing on purpose at the beginning so as to be able to pick up the league’s best surprises. Makes it nearly impossible to improve your team if you start out winning.
    It varies by league settings. In the league I was commissioner of for several years, you wouldn't be able to stack that way. Losing gave you basically one step ahead in priority.

Public service announcement: next week there are 6 teams on a bye. Cowboys, Vikings, Bills, Steelers, Jaguars, and Chargers. So if your team is heavily invested in those 6 teams, you may want to consider beating the crowds to the waiver wire next week by making moves this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It varies by league settings. In the league I was commissioner of for several years, you wouldn't be able to stack that way. Losing gave you basically one step ahead in priority.
    Not sure what you mean. In my league the waiver wire resets every week so the worst teams have first choice in waivers. If you draft well and make good decisions you’re punished. I think it should never reset. You just go last on the waiver wire when you pick someone up.

One waiver strategy I used one year that I won - I didn't get a top tier D/ST. So rather than stick with a mediocre one, I used the waiver wire every week to play matchups. Kept me alive until I found a hidden gem a few weeks in that was overperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Not sure what you mean. In my league the waiver wire resets every week so the worst teams have first choice in waivers. If you draft well and make good decisions you’re punished. I think it should never reset. You just go last on the waiver wire when you pick someone up.
    Other leagues can have different settings. I prefer what is called a "continuous rolling list". The waiver order is set after the draft (reverse draft order), but there are no weekly resets. If you use a waiver claim you drop to the bottom, and stay there until someone else uses a claim and drops below you.

Other leagues can have different settings. I prefer what is called a "continuous rolling list". The waiver order is set after the draft (reverse draft order), but there are no weekly resets. If you use a waiver claim you drop to the bottom, and stay there until someone else uses a claim and drops below you.
    The waiver rule you mentioned is exactly the way one of my fantasy league is set up. In the other ESPN fantasy league the team with the worst record get's the first pick and I've really taken advantage of the rule and won my first game in that league by picking up Mattison, Hubbard and Williams. All replaced good starters who were on other teams.

Halfway through the early games it looked like I was going to win big, but things turned around and in one league I basically have a sure win. In the other, I was looking good until that game winning TD pass by Dak...now I need Singletary, Diontae Johnson, and Buffalo D to outscore Derrick Henry by 9.1 points.

Halfway through the early games it looked like I was going to win big, but things turned around and in one league I basically have a sure win. In the other, I was looking good until that game winning TD pass by Dak...now I need Singletary, Diontae Johnson, and Buffalo D to outscore Derrick Henry by 9.1 points.
    Looks like Diontae gave you a fighting chance at least. But you probably have to hope Singletary or Buffalo's D gets a touchdown or for Tennessee to for some reason not let Henry score TDs.

I survived another Daniel Jones clunker (in fairness, last week wasn't his fault as he got concussed). Well, I should say I will most likely survive, as my opponent has Dawson Knox but is down 33.3 points. I've started Jones 3 times in 6 weeks... and all 3 have been his worst weeks of the season. He has 3 games of 20+ points, one of around 15 points, and two awful games. And I've managed to catch all his bad ones. Needless to say, I'll be looking at the waiver wire this week. Either Carr, Lawrence, or Tua seem ripe for an acquisition, as it's just too hard to trust DJ. On that team I'll be sitting at 2-4 now largely because of QB play. But by virtue of the win distributions I'm only 1 game out of the playoffs.

In my other league, I have Dawson Knox plus a 26 point lead going against Stefon Diggs. So I should win that one too and move into first.

Next week will be a bit interesting. In my first league, I'll be sitting James Robinson, Justin Jefferson, and Mike Williams on bye. In their places will be Julio Jones and either Kadarius Toney or Corey Davis at WR and either Booker/Barkley or Mitchell at RB. I'll be facing another struggling team, so that helps. But that is my "sweat it out week" in that league. It's also my "sweat it out week" in the other league, where I have to sit Dak, Cook, and Knox on byes plus will probably have to sit Tyler Lockett due to Geno Smith. I have Deebo coming back to sub in for Lockett and Hunter Henry, Darrel Williams, and Tannehill for my byes. If I can get through next week with wins, my life gets a lot easier as I'm hopefully done with worrying about byes after that.