Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    ESPN leagues have a trade assistant with Watson program on their site. It has potential trade partners suggesting players that can be traded with what they call a fair trade. The only problem it seems like almost every possible trade I have to give up my #2 running back in the deal and get back a #4 running back, and 1 or 2 wide receivers that want make my weekly starting lineup.
    What would I want to make a fair trade for?

Ok you Fantasy Football players, how do you stand after the first week. I'm 0-1 in the two leagues I'm in. I'm favored to win one and lose one in this week's games.

Ok you Fantasy Football players, how do you stand after the first week. I'm 0-1 in the two leagues I'm in. I'm favored to win one and lose one in this week's games.
    I had a blowout win in my second league and a loss in my first league. In that first league, I was done in by a combination of things. Some were anticipated as possibilities (Saquan struggling out of the gate; James Robinson sharing time with Carlos Hyde early on), some were not (Tannehill turning it over a bunch and Tennessee's offense struggling, and not getting Julio Jones the ball; Justin Jefferson having a quiet game). My bench WRs (Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Marvin Jones) produced, but I'm not yet ready to go them in place of Julio yet. And I'm not ready to pull the plug on Tannehill, who has been a safe QB1 since he took over in Tennessee.

I may wind up sitting Saquan this week with the short turnaround, and I'm not afraid to start the year 0-2. Especially with the added game (14 week regular season this year instead of 13). I just need Saquan to get good again in time to make the playoffs, and I will need my QB to get back to being solid.

In my other league, my team is fairly well stacked as long as Dak stays healthy. I had so many solid WRs that I waived DJ Chark for Ty'Son Williams. I will need to address the TE spot, but hopefully I can trade from my RB or WR depth to replace Tonyan. If not, there are worse things than being weak at TE.

In my first league, where I thought I had a great draft, I won going away. Big performances from Antonio Brown, CMC, Hopkins, and Montgomery. 22.38 points from Daniel Jones was plenty. Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, and Myles Gaskin make me feel great about my bench.

In my second league...whoooo boy. I knew my receivers were weak, and the Gus Edwards injury really hurt me, but it was even worse than I thought. Didn't even break 100 points (in a league with 3 WR, 6 point TDs, half PPR, and some generous bonus points for yardage totals). I probably could have survived the donut from Russell Gage and the borderline invisibility of Ruggs III behind big performances from Adam Thielen and CMC (I still cannot believe I got the first pick twice this year), but the 0.32 points from Aaron Rodgers was just too much (-1 point for sacks). Yikes.

Edit: CDu, wanted to add that if I were you I'd start looking elsewhere at WR. Jones has been a "Do Not Want" for me from the moment he signed with the Titans.

Eh, I am not too worried. He is my WR2, and I have Marvin Jones, Corey Davis, and Mike Williams available if he doesn’t improve. I have enough RB talent that I shouldn’t need to play 3 WR.

For me I think it comes down to Jefferson and Tannehill returning to form. If that happens, hopefully one of Barkley and Pitts win me my league in the second half of the year.

I would start any of those guys over Julio, myself. You're fine at WR but I think Julio will be droppable within a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I would start any of those guys over Julio, myself. You're fine at WR but I think Julio will be droppable within a week or two.
    Eh, I'm not as concerned about Jones as you (obviously). They have a new OC, so I expect them to be a bit less run-heavy this year. And they lost 150+ targets, 100+ receptions, 1400+ yards, and 13 TDs when Corey Davis (who was a fringe WR2 last year) and Jonnu Smith (whose target share isn't likely to just go to another TE). So I think there's plenty of opportunity for Jones and Brown to both produce.

Of course I definitely don't expect Jones to be a 1300 yard guy this year, but I think he'll end up being just fine as a WR2 for the weeks he's healthy. The Tennessee passing game was underrated last year, and I think it will get better as the new OC tries not to kill Henry.

I think this past week was a combination of bad o-line play, Arizona's front four being better than expected, and lack of reps between Tannehill and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Eh, I'm not as concerned about Jones as you (obviously). They have a new OC, so I expect them to be a bit less run-heavy this year. And they lost 150+ targets, 100+ receptions, 1400+ yards, and 13 TDs when Corey Davis (who was a fringe WR2 last year) and Jonnu Smith (whose target share isn't likely to just go to another TE). So I think there's plenty of opportunity for Jones and Brown to both produce.

Of course I definitely don't expect Jones to be a 1300 yard guy this year, but I think he'll end up being just fine as a WR2 for the weeks he's healthy. The Tennessee passing game was underrated last year, and I think it will get better as the new OC tries not to kill Henry.

I think this past week was a combination of bad o-line play, Arizona's front four being better than expected, and lack of reps between Tannehill and Jones.
    I lost one game with my best team. The other guy's team just had a little better game than my team. I have some terrific players on that team: Henry, Chubb, Carson, Metcalf, Thielen and Mahomes. On the bench, I have Chase and DeVonta Smith at WR and Gaskins at RB. The other team is a mess. I have some good ones in K. Murray, Taylor, Mixon, McLaurin and DeVonta Smith. Then I have some border line drops in: J. Jones, Gage, Shenault and Mike Davis. I lost big time in that game. The waiver wire is no help at all in this 10 team league where you are allowed up to 8 RBs and 8 WRs and I had pick #6.

I dropped to 1-1 snd 0-2 this week. Ran into an opponent with Lamar Jackson vs my Dak in the 1-1 league and lost by 8. In the 0-2 league, my opponent had a 22-pt week from their kicker. C’est la vie.

Thankfully, I am just 1 game back in that league as everyone else in my division is 1-1. I was previously fretting at WR, but Mike Williams, Justin Jefferson, and Julio all balled out this week. I lost with my QB (Tannehill was just ok due to no TDs, Taylor and Saquan struggled). Hoping that Taylor can get going. But considering Carr and Jones on waivers as I don’t want to get to 0-3.

I dropped to 1-1 snd 0-2 this week. Ran into an opponent with Lamar Jackson vs my Dak in the 1-1 league and lost by 8. In the 0-2 league, my opponent had a 22-pt week from their kicker. C’est la vie.

Thankfully, I am just 1 game back in that league as everyone else in my division is 1-1. I was previously fretting at WR, but Mike Williams, Justin Jefferson, and Julio all balled out this week. I lost with my QB (Tannehill was just ok due to no TDs, Taylor and Saquan struggled). Hoping that Taylor can get going. But considering Carr and Jones on waivers as I don’t want to get to 0-3.
    Your team with Taylor sounds so much like my 0-2 team. I have Taylor, Mixon, Mike Davis and Ty'Son Williams as my RBs. Needless to say, Taylor had been a huge disappointment so far. However, I had a significant lead heading into the Sunday night game but Lamar Jackson had a fantastic game and I ended up losing by 10 points. I have Julio and McLaurin as my wide receivers on that team and they had good games.

In the other league I won and I'm 1-1. This team is loaded , Mahomes, Henry, Chubb, Carson, Metcalf, Thielen, Chase, D. Smith and Rondale Moore. I still don't know how I lost my first game by 12 points. Well yes I do. Derrick Henry only had 12 points. He more than made up for it this past week as he had 54.

I'm with you on Jonathan Taylor. If he doesn't get it going, I may not win a game in the ESPN INDY league. After the lost this weekend, I'm projected to end up 6th in a 10 team league. As for you picking up Carr, I think he's listed as questionable this week. Daniel Jones was available on wires and I picked him up as a back up to Kyler Murray on the 0-2 team. He can get points with his arm and his legs. I hope I only have to use him in week 12 when Murray is on bye.

Good luck.

Your team with Taylor sounds so much like my 0-2 team. I have Taylor, Mixon, Mike Davis and Ty'Son Williams as my RBs. Needless to say, Taylor had been a huge disappointment so far. However, I had a significant lead heading into the Sunday night game but Lamar Jackson had a fantastic game and I ended up losing by 10 points. I have Julio and McLaurin as my wide receivers on that team and they had good games.

In the other league I won and I'm 1-1. This team is loaded , Mahomes, Henry, Chubb, Carson, Metcalf, Thielen, Chase, D. Smith and Rondale Moore. I still don't know how I lost my first game by 12 points. Well yes I do. Derrick Henry only had 12 points. He more than made up for it this past week as he had 54.

I'm with you on Jonathan Taylor. If he doesn't get it going, I may not win a game in the ESPN INDY league. After the lost this weekend, I'm projected to end up 6th in a 10 team league. As for you picking up Carr, I think he's listed as questionable this week. Daniel Jones was available on wires and I picked him up as a back up to Kyler Murray on the 0-2 team. He can get points with his arm and his legs. I hope I only have to use him in week 12 when Murray is on bye.

Good luck.
    Yeah, I picked up Jones on waivers for what should be a fantastic matchup this week (Falcons). Hopefully that will buy me some time to figure out if the yardage from Tannehill this past week (347 yards, should have had a TD but got screwed by refs) is a sign of things coming together or a fluke.

I'm confident that Taylor will get it going. But he needs to do so soon so that I don't fall too far behind. In that league I have Taylor, Barkley, James Robinson, Damien Harris, Javonte Williams, and Elijah Mitchell as RBs. Of course, 3 of those guys are "hope they step up in the second-half of the season" picks: Barkley as he returns from injury; Robinson as the Jags' offense learns; Williams as he hopefully takes over the lead-back duties eventually. So I knew I'd have a rough start. I just need it to not be TOO rough. Stealing a win here or there early should hopefully help me get into the playoffs. And then hopefully the back half of the season is favorable for me.

In hindsight, I might be a bit too "back-half" heavy in that league. I also drafted Kyle Pitts, who is likely to be a back-half guy as well. But ultimately what I need is for my more "sure" bets (Tannehill, Taylor, Jefferson) to be more sure for me while the other guys figure it out.

In my other league, I feel pretty good as long as Dak's quiet game this past week was a one-off.

Yeah, I picked up Jones on waivers for what should be a fantastic matchup this week (Falcons). Hopefully that will buy me some time to figure out if the yardage from Tannehill this past week (347 yards, should have had a TD but got screwed by refs) is a sign of things coming together or a fluke.

I'm confident that Taylor will get it going. But he needs to do so soon so that I don't fall too far behind. In that league I have Taylor, Barkley, James Robinson, Damien Harris, Javonte Williams, and Elijah Mitchell as RBs. Of course, 3 of those guys are "hope they step up in the second-half of the season" picks: Barkley as he returns from injury; Robinson as the Jags' offense learns; Williams as he hopefully takes over the lead-back duties eventually. So I knew I'd have a rough start. I just need it to not be TOO rough. Stealing a win here or there early should hopefully help me get into the playoffs. And then hopefully the back half of the season is favorable for me.

In hindsight, I might be a bit too "back-half" heavy in that league. I also drafted Kyle Pitts, who is likely to be a back-half guy as well. But ultimately what I need is for my more "sure" bets (Tannehill, Taylor, Jefferson) to be more sure for me while the other guys figure it out.

In my other league, I feel pretty good as long as Dak's quiet game this past week was a one-off.
    Kyle Pitts is my TE on my good team and I just dropped Myles Gaskins to pick up Elijah Mitchell on the same team. In the 0-2 league, I just don't have any studs at RB, WR or TE. I guess I drafted Taylor too high and that's killing me right now.

For the second straight week, my team faced the highest scoring team in the league. I had the third highest score, but took the L and I'm now 0-3 in that league. Thankfully I'll still only be one game out of the playoffs thanks to the way the games have played out thus far (last playoff spot is held by the best 1-2 team so far). But man, that team needs to start winning. At least Barkley got 90+ yards and a TD, and Jefferson and Tannehill bounced back. And Mike Williams has been a revelation. My major mistake was starting Damien Harris over James Robinson. Had I made the right call there, I win with the high score of the week.

In my other league, I need 21.5 points combined from Prescott and Zuerlein to move to 2-1. So better than 50/50 that I win that one but certainly far from comfortable.

For the second straight week, my team faced the highest scoring team in the league. I had the third highest score, but took the L and I'm now 0-3 in that league. Thankfully I'll still only be one game out of the playoffs thanks to the way the games have played out thus far (last playoff spot is held by the best 1-2 team so far). But man, that team needs to start winning. At least Barkley got 90+ yards and a TD, and Jefferson and Tannehill bounced back. And Mike Williams has been a revelation. My major mistake was starting Damien Harris over James Robinson. Had I made the right call there, I win with the high score of the week.

In my other league, I need 21.5 points combined from Prescott and Zuerlein to move to 2-1. So better than 50/50 that I win that one but certainly far from comfortable.
    You should certainly win tonight as Prescott should put up 21.5 points by himself. I should go to 2-1 with my good team unless Miles Sanders scores 36 points tonight for my opponent. The bad team remained bad. Kyler Murray and of course Taylor let me down. I picked up Mattison yesterday morning for both my teams before I left for church and he really came through. I started him on both teams and I benched Chubb to get him in the starting lineup. Mattison outscored Chubb 27-12. Too bad I won't be able to use him going forward as Cook will probably be back this coming week. I'll probably keep him on my bad team as we're allowed up to 8 RBs but in the other league we are only allowed 4 RBs.

The loss of McCaffrey hurt big time, but I was able to pull out a win in one of my two leagues anyway, leaving me at 2-1 in both (primarily thanks to 21 points from the NO defense). Going to be tough to fill that hole while he's out (and an even bigger bummer as a Panthers fan), looking at options like Tony Pollard, Mark Ingram, and AJ Dillon.

The loss of McCaffrey hurt big time, but I was able to pull out a win in one of my two leagues anyway, leaving me at 2-1 in both (primarily thanks to 21 points from the NO defense). Going to be tough to fill that hole while he's out (and an even bigger bummer as a Panthers fan), looking at options like Tony Pollard, Mark Ingram, and AJ Dillon.
    Yeah, sucks that back to back years McCaffrey will miss significant time as the #1 pick. Hopefully at least this year he can return in time for the second half and playoff run.

Good luck though! Fighting through the (hopefully temporary) loss of the #1 player is tough to overcome. Hope you can pull it off!

Is Chubbard on the wire list. He was pretty good in the Houston game. He had 11 carries for 52 yards(4.7ypc) and 3 receptions for 27 yards. He's a poor mans McCaffrey.
    Cordarrell Patterson is on our waive wire and he's actually out playing Mike Davis. Davis is yet to score while Patterson has 2 TDs. Patterson has gotten 24 points and 16 points the last 2 games after getting 9 in the first game. He's a valuable receiver and should get plenty of targets with Atlanta playing from behind most of the games. I'm thinking of picking him up because my RBs suck. Well Taylor and Davis do. Mixon is ok. Plus I can't count on Julio Jones. He reminds me of AJ Green.
    Last edited by jv001; 09-27-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Is Chubbard on the wire list. He was pretty good in the Houston game. He had 11 carries for 52 yards(4.7ypc) and 3 receptions for 27 yards. He's a poor mans McCaffrey.
    Nah, someone (not me) drafted him in both leagues.

In one league my other starter is Montgomery and I've got Gaskin/Drake/Pollard/Singletary/Jamaal Williams on my bench, so I feel about as comfortable as I'm going to be with my options.

In the other league, my 2nd RB (well, first for the next couple weeks) is Carson, with Pollard, Dillon, and Ingram on the bench. That one feels a bit dicier (especially since I probably have to start one of them at the flex as well unless I go with Mooney or Slayton).

Edit: Also, not sure if it was an intentional combination or not, but his name is Chuba Hubbard, not Chubbard

Nah, someone (not me) drafted him in both leagues.

In one league my other starter is Montgomery and I've got Gaskin/Drake/Pollard/Singletary/Jamaal Williams on my bench, so I feel about as comfortable as I'm going to be with my options.

In the other league, my 2nd RB (well, first for the next couple weeks) is Carson, with Pollard, Dillon, and Ingram on the bench. That one feels a bit dicier (especially since I probably have to start one of them at the flex as well unless I go with Mooney or Slayton).

Edit: Also, not sure if it was an intentional combination or not, but his name is Chuba Hubbard, not Chubbard
    Typing too fast.

You should certainly win tonight as Prescott should put up 21.5 points by himself. I should go to 2-1 with my good team unless Miles Sanders scores 36 points tonight for my opponent. The bad team remained bad. Kyler Murray and of course Taylor let me down. I picked up Mattison yesterday morning for both my teams before I left for church and he really came through. I started him on both teams and I benched Chubb to get him in the starting lineup. Mattison outscored Chubb 27-12. Too bad I won't be able to use him going forward as Cook will probably be back this coming week. I'll probably keep him on my bad team as we're allowed up to 8 RBs but in the other league we are only allowed 4 RBs.
    Not feeling great about it right now. The officials bungling Dak’s should-have-been TD and Zuerlein’s extra point feels like it could look large for me. Hopefully it doesn’t cost me.