Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Man it looks like I dodged a bullet with when I traded Cubb for Najee Harris. Cubb was out this week and may have to go IR. I should get wins in both leagues after tonight. My good team is up 30 points with Henry and Knox left to play. My opponent has Allen left. It looks like it'll be 2 wins in a row with my bad team. I have a 101 point lead and am done. The opponent has Allen, Beasley and Bass(K) left. Week 7 is going to be interesting with my good team, as I have Harris, Thielen and Knox on byes. I do have Henry and Hubbard as RBs with Herbert on the bench. Starting wide receivers will be Metcalf and Chase but I'm a little worried about Geno Smith as QB for the Seahawks. I do have Pitts to fill in for Knox.

Bye week 7 bit me in both leagues this week. I managed to face teams who didn't have bye week players in their starting lineup this week, and I'm going to lose by 5-10 points in both leagues. I'll still be in first in one league, and still on the outside looking in in the other. But at least I'll be past the bye week hurdle moving forward.

The one bugaboo for my first-place team will be TE, where I'm stuck playing Hunter Henry and hoping for a TD until Dawson Knox gets healthy.

In my other league where I'm struggling, getting Saquon healthy again is the big goal. I'm strong at other RB (Taylor, James Robinson), WR (Jefferson, Mike Williams), and TE (Pitts). And I'm piecing it together at QB (now that Tua is healthy again and having to throw 50 times a game). I just hope I have enough time to make up ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Bye week 7 bit me in both leagues this week. I managed to face teams who didn't have bye week players in their starting lineup this week, and I'm going to lose by 5-10 points in both leagues. I'll still be in first in one league, and still on the outside looking in in the other. But at least I'll be past the bye week hurdle moving forward.

The one bugaboo for my first-place team will be TE, where I'm stuck playing Hunter Henry and hoping for a TD until Dawson Knox gets healthy.

In my other league where I'm struggling, getting Saquon healthy again is the big goal. I'm strong at other RB (Taylor, James Robinson), WR (Jefferson, Mike Williams), and TE (Pitts). And I'm piecing it together at QB (now that Tua is healthy again and having to throw 50 times a game). I just hope I have enough time to make up ground.
    Did you have Mahomes at QB in either league? I have him as my starting QB on my good team. He's been struggling with turnovers this year and he got me 12 points when he was projected for 31. However, Chase(34), Pitts(23), Henry(20) and the Tampa defense(21) have me leading my opponent 147-132. We both have 2 players in the game tonight. I have Metcalf projected for 15 points and he has Bobby Wagner, LB projected for 7 points. Metcalf was listed questionable for a good part of last week and I added Callaway, NO receiver in case Metcalf can't go. He was the only option on the waiver wire. I'm leading my league by one game with a 5-1 record. Like you, I had some players on bye week, Thielen, Najee Harris and Carson on IR. Next week I play the guy that gave me my one defeat. My kicker(Turner) is on bye and we can only carry 1 kicker, so I'm going to wait until Saturday to drop him and pick up one off the waiver list. I'm hoping I can pick Turner up the following week. I'm having left knee replacement a week from tomorrow and I don't know how sharp my mind will be on Wednesday the day after my surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Did you have Mahomes at QB in either league? I have him as my starting QB on my good team. He's been struggling with turnovers this year and he got me 12 points when he was projected for 31. However, Chase(34), Pitts(23), Henry(20) and the Tampa defense(21) have me leading my opponent 147-132. We both have 2 players in the game tonight. I have Metcalf projected for 15 points and he has Bobby Wagner, LB projected for 7 points. Metcalf was listed questionable for a good part of last week and I added Callaway, NO receiver in case Metcalf can't go. He was the only option on the waiver wire. I'm leading my league by one game with a 5-1 record. Like you, I had some players on bye week, Thielen, Najee Harris and Carson on IR. Next week I play the guy that gave me my one defeat. My kicker(Turner) is on bye and we can only carry 1 kicker, so I'm going to wait until Saturday to drop him and pick up one off the waiver list. I'm hoping I can pick Turner up the following week. I'm having left knee replacement a week from tomorrow and I don't know how sharp my mind will be on Wednesday the day after my surgery.
    Nope. I had Tannehill starting in both leagues. In one league, he was my bye-week fill-in. In the other, he was my starter, although I'll probably turn to Tua in that league based off his return from injury (back-to-back 20+ games).

Ironically, one of my opponents this week started Mahomes at QB. But he also had Damien Harris, Davante Adams, Chris Godwin, and NE defense and kicker this week. I had bye-week fill-in starts from Hubbard (woof) and both of my starting WR were out on bye so I was playing the returning-from-injury Julio Jones and a spot start from Darnell Mooney hoping that TB's secondary woes would allow him a big week. Those three did me in despite solid games from Tannehill, Jonathan Taylor, Kyle Pitts, and Elijah Mitchell. The other league I was facing ARod, Taylor, DeAndre Swift, Michael Pittman Jr, etc., and got clunkers from my available starting RBs Gibson and Darrel Williams plus the Panthers' D throwing a stinker against a hobbled Giants squad. I'm technically ahead by 4 but my opponent has Callaway and Saints D so they should beat me tonight.

Falling to 2-5 and a game out of the playoffs in one league. Dropping to 4-3 and tied for first in the other (but ahead on points tiebreaker).

Man, one play at the beginning of the game and Metcalf goes 84 yards and gives me 15 quick points. That one play secured an easy win for me and I'm now 6-1 in my league. Bad team lost by 6 points after having won two straight games. I'm concerned about Metcalf going forward because Geno Smith is not helping him much and I believe the wide receiver's ankle/foot is bothering him some. I think I'll start Thielen over him this week. Hope the rest of you guys/gals were winners last week.

In my league I have the third most points, only 14 points behind first, but sitting at 3-4 and barely clinging onto a playoff spot. Huge victories and narrow defeats. So frustrating.

I have Lamar as my QB who is on bye this week and I need a streamer. It’s a 14 team league so the waiver wire/feee agent pool is extremely shallow. What are the board’s thoughts on: Bridgewater vs Was, Geno Smith vs Jax, Goff vs Philly, Mac Jones vs LAC, Jimmy G vs Bears, Big Ben vs Browns, Lawrence vs Seattle? All pretty terrible options but think I’m leaning Teddy Bridgewater or maybe Mac Jones at the moment.

And on the waiver process, our league uses CBS where the most recent waiver pick goes to the back of the line, but I don’t think this is fair because if everyone uses a waiver pick each week the same person goes first each time. Doesn’t make sense to me but I haven’t gotten the commish on board with me to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    And on the waiver process, our league uses CBS where the most recent waiver pick goes to the back of the line, but I don’t think this is fair because if everyone uses a waiver pick each week the same person goes first each time. Doesn’t make sense to me but I haven’t gotten the commish on board with me to change it.
    The point with that rule is that you shouldn't use your waiver claim every week (also remember some people might make multiple waiver claims, so even if you're last and make one you might not end up last after everyone else makes theirs, plus some people will make claims on guys who were dropped during the first round of waivers). This is my preferred waiver system, to be honest.

As far as my own season goes, my crappy team with no bench continues to eke out wins despite posting terrible (sub-100 in a 3 WR half PPR league with generous scoring bonuses) scores. My stellar team that should be dominant continues to lose, even though I should have the pieces to fill in for McCaffrey (who I have on both teams and cannot wait to get back). I had a million guys on bye this week though in both leagues (literally my entire bench in both leagues was guys on bye or injured) so fingers crossed for a little bit of smooth sailing from here on out.

In my league I have the third most points, only 14 points behind first, but sitting at 3-4 and barely clinging onto a playoff spot. Huge victories and narrow defeats. So frustrating.

I have Lamar as my QB who is on bye this week and I need a streamer. It’s a 14 team league so the waiver wire/feee agent pool is extremely shallow. What are the board’s thoughts on: Bridgewater vs Was, Geno Smith vs Jax, Goff vs Philly, Mac Jones vs LAC, Jimmy G vs Bears, Big Ben vs Browns, Lawrence vs Seattle? All pretty terrible options but think I’m leaning Teddy Bridgewater or maybe Mac Jones at the moment.

I would be leaning toward either Teddy B who plays the #32 ranked team(Home/WFT) against QBs or Lawrence who plays the #17 ranked team(@SEA) against QBs. Mac Jones wouldn't be a bad pick up but playing at LAC(#5) will be tough. Big Ben hasn't reached 20 points in his last 5 games and has averaged 13.6 points over that time frame, Goff has gone 5 straight games under 20 pts and I don't trust Geno and Jimmy G. If it were me I'd go with Teddy based on the matchup and he's got a home game. That Seattle weather can be brutal at times. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The point with that rule is that you shouldn't use your waiver claim every week (also remember some people might make multiple waiver claims, so even if you're last and make one you might not end up last after everyone else makes theirs, plus some people will make claims on guys who were dropped during the first round of waivers). This is my preferred waiver system, to be honest.
    I know, I just feel that it could be refined and sorted by round - first priority is the person who has gone the longest between waiver claims, but in reverse order if people made claims at the same time. So if in week one team A makes a claim, then team B, then team C, then team A again with a second claim, then team B again with a second claim, for week 2 I would have the order as C-B-A, vs the system that will go C-A-B

I know, I just feel that it could be refined and sorted by round - first priority is the person who has gone the longest between waiver claims, but in reverse order if people made claims at the same time. So if in week one team A makes a claim, then team B, then team C, then team A again with a second claim, then team B again with a second claim, for week 2 I would have the order as C-B-A, vs the system that will go C-A-B
    One of the leagues I'm in has the waiver claim set where the worst teams get first choice after the previous week is finished. Then on Wednesday it resets to the normal drafting order. In other words you make a claim, you go to the back of the line. That 10 team league allows up to 8 running backs, 8 wide receivers, 4 QBs and 3 TEs. There's not much left on the waiver list to choose from and no one wants to trade.

I have a bunch of ugly decisions to make this week...

In one league (where I really need a win, as only 4 teams make the playoffs), I need 2 of Devontae Booker, Kenneth Gainwell, Michael Carter, D'Ernest Johnson, or Tony Pollard. Tentatively going Booker/Gainwell. I also need to choose 2 of Diontae Johnson, Deebo Samuel, and DK Metcalf (going Johnson and Deebo)...my WR picture is much better than RB.

In my other league, I'm choosing a WR, 2 RBs, and a Flex out of

Jerry Jeudy
    Darnell Mooney

Zack Moss
    Michael Carter
    Devontae Booker

Dalton Schultz

...yuck.

Edit: (I'm leaning Jeudy, Moss, Booker, and Carter with Mooney and Schultz staying on the bench)

I have a bunch of ugly decisions to make this week...

In one league (where I really need a win, as only 4 teams make the playoffs), I need 2 of Devontae Booker, Kenneth Gainwell, Michael Carter, D'Ernest Johnson, or Tony Pollard. Tentatively going Booker/Gainwell. I also need to choose 2 of Diontae Johnson, Deebo Samuel, and DK Metcalf (going Johnson and Deebo)...my WR picture is much better than RB.

In my other league, I'm choosing a WR, 2 RBs, and a Flex out of

Jerry Jeudy
    Darnell Mooney

Zack Moss
    Michael Carter
    Devontae Booker

Dalton Schultz

...yuck.

Edit: (I'm leaning Jeudy, Moss, Booker, and Carter with Mooney and Schultz staying on the bench)
    I agree with those selections. Good luck!

I agree with those selections. Good luck!
    Thanks! Jeudy and Carter make me nervous.

Thanks! Jeudy and Carter make me nervous.
    Carter is only getting better and Jeudy should be there #1 receiver although Bridgewater sucks. Jeudy has speed but Teddy has a noodle arm and would prefer to check down.

Gainwell over Carter (or anyone, really) proved to be a mistake.

Gainwell over Carter (or anyone, really) proved to be a mistake.
    Hmm. Not sure why you took Gainwell over Carter. I thought Gainwell was gonna have a better day than he did but not better than Carter. They don’t rush Gainwell, he only gets receptions.

Woof! My 2-5 team got a good opportunity for a win this week, as I had a bunch of favorable matchups and my opponent had a mediocre week. Unfortunately for me, James Robinson (3.9), Justin Jefferson (2.1), Mike Williams (1.9), and Kyle Pitts (1.3) combined for less than 10 points this week. So I'm left hoping Daniel Jones gets 29 points tonight to get me the win. It just doesn't seem like that team is going to get it done this year.

In my other league, I'm facing the #1 team (7-0). But they too had a worse than normal week. I'm down 15 with Daniel Jones (thanks to Dak sitting out last night) and Darrel Williams going tonight against his Harrison Butker. A win in that league would give me a game's cushion in first in my division.

Oh wow! A season-changing injury to Derrick Henry this week. Foot injury might end his season. Crazy, as he was on pace to shatter fantasy football scoring records this year.

Oh wow! A season-changing injury to Derrick Henry this week. Foot injury might end his season. Crazy, as he was on pace to shatter fantasy football scoring records this year.
    Yes, another season probably shot to hades as Henry is my #1 back on my good team. I did pick up Michael Carter Friday but that's because my #3 RB, Carson(IR) is more than likely done for the season with that neck injury. I now have Najee Harris as my best running back. We can only carry 4 RBs so I have Henry, Harris, Carter and Hubbard. With McCaffrey coming off IR this coming week, Hubbard is nothing more than an insurance policy in case McCaffrey is injured again. We do have Barkley on the waiver list and I might pick him up if Henry is done for the season. In the other league(bad team) somehow I'm up 3 point on my opponent. We both have 2 kickers left to play tonight. I have Butker and he has Gano. A win after Murray not performing well, would be a big surprise.

I'm going in tomorrow for left knee replacement surgery so I don't know if the medication will allow me to be on top of choices come Wednesday morning. Wish me luck with a prayer.

Yes, another season probably shot to hades as Henry is my #1 back on my good team. I did pick up Michael Carter Friday but that's because my #3 RB, Carson(IR) is more than likely done for the season with that neck injury. I now have Najee Harris as my best running back. We can only carry 4 RBs so I have Henry, Harris, Carter and Hubbard. With McCaffrey coming off IR this coming week, Hubbard is nothing more than an insurance policy in case McCaffrey is injured again. We do have Barkley on the waiver list and I might pick him up if Henry is done for the season. In the other league(bad team) somehow I'm up 3 point on my opponent. We both have 2 kickers left to play tonight. I have Butker and he has Gano. A win after Murray not performing well, would be a big surprise.
    Yeah, just a brutal injury break for Henry himself and the Titans. Completely changes the dynamic of that team. Now they'll likely have to become more pass-heavy, as nobody can replicate what Henry does. I wonder if this makes AJ Brown and Julio Jones more relevant moving forward due to more volume, or hurts their value due to more defensive attention.

I'm going in tomorrow for left knee replacement surgery so I don't know if the medication will allow me to be on top of choices come Wednesday morning. Wish me luck with a prayer.
    Definitely will be thinking good thoughts for you! Good luck!