Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Have to consider the possibility that it's the yips.
    I mean, clearly. He's an amazing kicker. He doesn't miss. And, he hit when he had to.

Won't believe that if he missed he might not be job hunting Monday morning, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Have to consider the possibility that it's the yips.
    Both kickers?

I put myself in a no-win situation this week, picking the Tar Heels, I mean, Dallas Cowboys (same thing). They won which is good for my survivor football situation but it leaves me feeling a bit nauseous. I think I would have rather gotten knocked out!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I put myself in a no-win situation this week, picking the Tar Heels, I mean, Dallas Cowboys (same thing). They won which is good for my survivor football situation but it leaves me feeling a bit nauseous. I think I would have rather gotten knocked out!
    As a kid, I had next door neighbors that were both Carolina and Cowboys fans. I have equated the two for most of my life. I feel your pain.

Well, at least you won't have to do that again.

So I failed to enter the DBR league because I forgot my account info. LOL. I am in the ESPN league. That league allows you to enter picks for the entire season rather than just week to week. Which is convenient, most of the time. And occasionally you get to a week like this where apparently you put Tampa Bay in for week 6 and forgot about it. So I went in to check my picks for tomorrow and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had already survived.

So far I have used TB, Minnesota (last week), Buffalo, Denver, Green Bay, and San Francisco. Basically Detroit three times, Jets once, Texans once, then I decided to switch things up this week.

Seven of 10 remaining participants survive with the Colts. Two more survive with the Chiefs. The remaining player has the Steelers.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Seven of 10 remaining participants survive with the Colts. Two more survive with the Chiefs. The remaining player has the Steelers.
    Well, I survived with the Steelers. Had been banking on them having a slightly easier time in light of the Seahawks’ recent injuries. I didn’t like many of the picks this past week, as lots of the usual suspect bad teams seemed to be playing other bad teams.
    Onward…

Survived in the 1-strike pool taking the Jaguars! Made a little less satisfying by all the obvious picks landing, but still, I've burned a bad team and still alive.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

4 of us took Green Bay this week. I haven't watched but the current 7-7 score with a few minutes left in the half is not confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    4 of us took Green Bay this week. I haven't watched but the current 7-7 score with a few minutes left in the half is not confidence inspiring.
    Not to worry. As usual, the 'football team' found a way to squander the game away. Three trips to the red zone without a single point! Mind-boggling ineptitude.

I took the Rams who are in a street fight with the Lions. Up 17-16 at the half.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took the Rams who are in a street fight with the Lions. Up 17-16 at the half.
    Amazing start by the Lions. Score seven on first possession. Then surprise onside kick and recovery. Then a fake punt. Go up 10-0.

Just worried they shot their wad in the first six minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not to worry. As usual, the 'football team' found a way to squander the game away. Three trips to the red zone without a single point! Mind-boggling ineptitude.
    I guess you could say they Blewit

I survived with the Rams.
    Bob Green

In the no strike league, the 10 active participants move on to next week.

I guess you could say they Blewit
    With a new kicker that is/was the Pitts.

Larry
    DevilHorse

I hate wasting strong teams early but went with GB on what felt like a competitive week (and being too busy to spend much time).

Luckily, onward.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I hate wasting strong teams early but went with GB on what felt like a competitive week (and being too busy to spend much time).

Luckily, onward.
    I just looked at the survivor pool. Overall, 42% played Arizona over Houston. What?? You blow the strongest team against the weakest?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In the no strike league, the 10 active participants move on to next week.
    We have not lost a participant in 4 weeks... we are due for a big upset that takes out a bunch of us.

-Jason "feels like Giants over Chiefs could be that upset..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?