Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'll give it a shot!

Answer - no.

I survive with the Browns win over the Texans.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I survive with the Browns win over the Texans.
    Quite a few of us picked the Browns today.
    One elimination thus far with the Steelers' mildly surprising loss to the Raiders.
    The Falcons don't appear likely to pip the Bucs (another popular pick today) on the road this afternoon, so the most likely possible elimination out of today's remaining games would figure to be the Titans over the Seahawks.

Well, the only consolation is that I would have picked the Seahawks in the one strike league, so, I'd have a strike anyway. And I'm out in the no strike league. A FG in overtime. Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, the only consolation is that I would have picked the Seahawks in the one strike league, so, I'd have a strike anyway. And I'm out in the no strike league. A FG in overtime. Boo.

I got a strike on the Seahawks today also in the 1 strike league.

We're now down about a third of the original field in the No-Strike league (13 of 20 entrants remaining), with only Acymetric thus far eliminated in the One-Strike league (in impressively swift fashion!). 8 of 18 remaining players in the Two-Strike League have used up their mulligan.
    I have watched a grand total of zero minutes of NFL football so far this season, with plans to keep it that way for the foreseeable future, yet I remain oddly committed to this competition.

Picks are now live for Week 3, so make your choices! And in honor of Bostondevil, remember to click "save."

Looks like everyone went in on ‘whoever is playing the Jets’.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    with only Acymetric thus far eliminated in the One-Strike league (in impressively swift fashion!).
    I was pretty pleased with my performance 😉.

One person did pick the Giants. Who lost.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Daniel Jones.

Daniel Jones lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Daniel Jones.

Daniel Jones lost.
    What happened?

I'm proud to have lost by not getting a pick in rather than by picking incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What happened?
    The Failcons prevailed over the Giants on a game-ending FG in a Toilet Bowl for the ages.
    I don't think I agree with the statement that Daniel Jones lost, unless it was simply meant as an acknowledgement that he's the only aspect of the team we here at DBR actually care about. Jones was 24-35 on the day for 266 yards and a respectable QB rating of 91. He also did not turn the ball over, which has been a bugaboo for him. The main issue is that his team is just not that good, but hey, neither are the Failcons...that was kind of a must-win for both moribund franchises (neither of whom is going anywhere this season, irrespective of yesterday's result).

I'm proud to have lost by not getting a pick in rather than by picking incorrectly.
    I lost the same way and am out of both pools. I really thought I had made a pick. Pressure is off now, I guess.

They could use one more reminder on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I lost the same way and am out of both pools. I really thought I had made a pick. Pressure is off now, I guess.
    I thought if I missed the 1pm kickoffs I could choose a later game. I was mistaken.

I thought if I missed the 1pm kickoffs I could choose a later game. I was mistaken.
    I did that last week.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I will cop to being the person who picked the Giants. As a tribute to the person in my immediate family who was a Giant fan who unexpectedly passed the Sunday before last, my son (who came in) and I watched the game, yelled, screamed, cried. The selection was made in haste, hope, and love. And of course the tradition of getting out quickly. My son and I were at Daniel Jones' first game vs. NCCU at Wallace Wade; we very much want him to continue to excel and lead the team.

With a very heavy heart.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I will cop to being the person who picked the Giants. As a tribute to the person in my immediate family who was a Giant fan who unexpectedly passed the Sunday before last, my son (who came in) and I watched the game, yelled, screamed, cried. The selection was made in haste, hope, and love. And of course the tradition of getting out quickly. My son and I were at Daniel Jones' first game vs. NCCU at Wallace Wade; we very much want him to continue to excel and lead the team.

With a very heavy heart.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Condolences, Larry. A lovely tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post

With a very heavy heart.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    I'm sorry for your loss, DevilHorse. I think of you as I pull for Daniel Jones and his Giants.