Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A lesson that we should all heed...

CJ Carr is one of the top football prospects in the class of 2024, a 5-star QB who has national title and NFL aspirations. His father is Jason Carr, who was a QB for Michigan and his grandfather is Lloyd Carr, who coached Michigan football for like 2 decades and won a national title there. When CJ was in 9th grade, the very first school to offer him a scholarship was Michigan, where his last name is legendary.

Last night, CJ Carr picked his school... but he won't be playing for Michigan. He's going to Notre Dame instead.

It would be easy to think Cameron and Cayden Boozer are locks to end up in Durham... but we should assume nothing in recruiting.

Interesting you bring this up, Jason. There's been a lot of internal fighting amongst Michigan fans about whether CJ's decision is a failure on Harbaugh, or whether it was driven by him inevitably want to chart his own path. There's also the fact that Michigan is in heavy on some high caliber 2023 QB recruits that could have played in here. Certainly not an easy straightforward answer.

Regardless, if for whatever reason the Boozer twins decide not to become Blue Devils, let's be sure to take it with more grace than the small segment of loud Michigan fans who have disgraced themselves on the internet over the past few days...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Interesting you bring this up, Jason. There's been a lot of internal fighting amongst Michigan fans about whether CJ's decision is a failure on Harbaugh, or whether it was driven by him inevitably want to chart his own path. There's also the fact that Michigan is in heavy on some high caliber 2023 QB recruits that could have played in here. Certainly not an easy straightforward answer.

Regardless, if for whatever reason the Boozer twins decide not to become Blue Devils, let's be sure to take it with more grace than the small segment of loud Michigan fans who have disgraced themselves on the internet over the past few days...

Agreed. Unless of course they go to UNC and then all bets are off. Only half kidding.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Agreed. Unless of course they go to UNC and then all bets are off. Only half kidding.
    I hope you are not implying that one of them will go to unc and the other to NCSU!!!!

Joe Tipton of On3 has an interview with Cooper Flagg, who at 15 years old just made the finalist list for the USA U17 team. https://www.on3.com/news/top-2025-re...-dream-school/

If you’re active on social media, then you’re aware of the massive fan bases that attempt to recruit in the Instagram comments.

“I don’t know…the Duke fans have been commenting, but there’s a lot,” Flagg said as to which fan bases he’s noticed. “I try not to look at all of that. It’s a lot to process.”

Flagg on receiving an offer from Duke, says the Blue Devils were his dream school
    Speaking of the Blue Devils, what was it like for Flagg once the scholarship offer was made official?

“When my mom first told me that Coach (Jon) Scheyer was about to call me, I was amazed,” Flagg said. “I was like ‘wow, it’s really about to happen.’ It’s honestly a blessing and a result of all the hard work I’ve put in, and it’s shown me that it’s all paying off.”

The Duke offer was significant for Cooper Flagg.

“Growing up, Duke was always my dream school. I always looked up to all the Duke players, watched all their games and stuff like that. I could see myself fitting in well with their play style. They have a lot of versatile guys so I think I’d fit in pretty well.”

Duke head coach Jon Scheyer appears to be staying in frequent contact with the Class of 2025 recruit.

“Me and my mom have called coach Scheyer a few times. I talked to him the other day and he gave me some good advice on coming out to this USA camp and just told me he was looking forward to seeing me on the team and said he was sure that I would be able to make it.”
    I would say that the Boozer twins and Cooper Flagg are the primary targets for the Class of 2025. It might be a special group of players, if they all play college ball.

Cameron Boozer was invited to play at the NBA Top 100 camp, which is for 100 of the top prospects across all of high school ball. He is absolutely balling out while playing with significantly older players. He made the All-Star team.

Some details here: https://twitter.com/TMarkwith14/stat...63991698423813
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cameron Boozer was invited to play at the NBA Top 100 camp, which is for 100 of the top prospects across all of high school ball. He is absolutely balling out while playing with significantly older players. He made the All-Star team.

Unreal he’s only 14. I don’t think he learned that 3-point stroke from dad. Maybe from Uncle Mike D?

It will be a major disappointment if he chooses anywhere but Duke. It’s your birthright young man!

Speaking of a dynamite 2025 prospect, 15 year-old Cooper Flagg went for 12 pts and 8 rebounds for the USA U-17 team in an 88-55 win over Slovenia in a Group phase game played today (7-03).

https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u1...A#tab=overview

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Speaking of a dynamite 2025 prospect, 15 year-old Cooper Flagg went for 12 pts and 8 rebounds for the USA U-17 team in an 88-55 win over Slovenia in a Group phase game played today (7-03).

https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u1...A#tab=overview
    Luka Doncic country. I have been in Ljublijana in 1981.Great caverns there.https://www.visitljubljana.com/en/visitors/

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Unreal he’s only 14. I don’t think he learned that 3-point stroke from dad. Maybe from Uncle Mike D?

It will be a major disappointment if he chooses anywhere but Duke. It’s your birthright young man!
    We keep comparing recruiting classes. I tend to think the Tre-RJ-Cam-Zion-Baker class was the most talented group.

If Duke gets the Boozer twins, Cooper Flagg, and another top 25 player, that might just take the cake. Cameron Boozer and Flagg are going to be playing basketball for a long time if they stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    We keep comparing recruiting classes. I tend to think the Tre-RJ-Cam-Zion-Baker class was the most talented group.

If Duke gets the Boozer twins, Cooper Flagg, and another top 25 player, that might just take the cake. Cameron Boozer and Flagg are going to be playing basketball for a long time if they stay healthy.
    Not for a long time at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Let’s be sure to take it with more grace than the small segment of loud Michigan fans who have disgraced themselves on the internet over the past few days...
    Okay, now you’ve peaked my interest! Where can I read these comments from the “loud” Michigan fans? I take it they were somewhat displeased that CJ Carr decided not to wear the Maize and Blue?

I guess the only thing worse would’ve been if he had chosen to go to Ohio State? Am I right?

I'm trying to put into words how impressive it is that Cameron Boozer was this good at the Top 100 camp while playing with kids 3 years older than him. He was the 9th leading scorer and 17th leading rebounder at the camp... and he is only 14 years old!

Among the others picked for the Top 100 Camp all-star team (10 players) --

UNC's GG Jackson was probably the top player at the camp, leading the camp in rebounding by a healthy margin and finishing 5th in scoring.

Duke's Jared McCain filled the stat sheet as the 7th leading scorer, 25th best rebounder, 3rd in assists, 2nd in ATO ratio, while hitting 56% of his shots from the field... and he's a shooting guard! Talk about doing a little bit of everything!

Also, JP Estrella, the 6-11 big man who appears to be Jon Scheyer's latest target in the 2023 class was 3rd in scoring, 29th in rebounding, hit 59% of his shots (including 36% of his 3s), and finished 3rd in blocked shots.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post

Wasn’t Emoni Bates on the cover of SI at this age as the next can’t-miss great one? It feels like we’ve recently started tracking and getting excited about these kids a full year earlier than in the past. I expect there to be a lot of movement in the class of 2025 rankings before it’s done….

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Wasn’t Emoni Bates on the cover of SI at this age as the next can’t-miss great one? It feels like we’ve recently started tracking and getting excited about these kids a full year earlier than in the past. I expect there to be a lot of movement in the class of 2025 rankings before it’s done….
    Yup. And then Emoni Bates's dad decided to destroy his son's career. I don't think Carlos is going to do that.

There will be movement. The Boozer Boys will get better. Their competition will also get better. Too early to tell what will happen.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Cooper Flagg Leads USA Over Serbia at FIBA U17 World Cup

The USA Basketball Men's U17 National Team advanced within two games of a gold medal on Friday by defeating Serbia 106-80 at the 2022 FIBA U17 World Cup at Palacio de Deportes José María Martín Carpena in Málaga, Spain...

Pacing the team was Flagg, who was a machine on the court as he finally achieved the elusive double-double. He finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and three steals.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...vs-serbia.aspx
    https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u1...A#tab=boxscore

Cooper Flagg Leads USA Over Serbia at FIBA U17 World Cup

The USA Basketball Men's U17 National Team advanced within two games of a gold medal on Friday by defeating Serbia 106-80 at the 2022 FIBA U17 World Cup at Palacio de Deportes José María Martín Carpena in Málaga, Spain...

Pacing the team was Flagg, who was a machine on the court as he finally achieved the elusive double-double. He finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and three steals.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...vs-serbia.aspx
    Worth noting that Cooper is playing waaay up as he is just 15 and most of the other guys on this team are 17. Cooper is class of 2025, but 5 guys on the team are class of 2023 including Duke's Sean Stewart and super-recruit DaJuan Wagner.

what Cooper Flagg and Cameron Boozer have done the past couple weeks playing against guys 2+ years older than them is freaking unreal!!

USA 79 -- Spain 67 for the U-17 Gold Medal.

Wow on Cooper Flagg -- 10 points, 17 rebounds, 8 steals, and 4 blocks.

I watched the second half, and, if anything, Cooper was more impressive than his stat line. USA was down by around 10 when he came in in the third and everything changed. His game was different than I had expected. He’s a long skinny wing, and just has a nose for the ball. He didn’t get those rebounds because he’s physically dominant. And he had more blocks than reported as there was one possession where he stuffed a guy 3-4 times and only got credit for one.

Our recruit Sean Stewart had a double-0double w/ 10 points and 10 rebounds.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Our recruit Sean Stewart had a double-0double w/ 10 points and 10 rebounds.
    And the most minutes on the team.