Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    This tweet from his mother is telling.

https://twitter.com/kflagg11/status/1526012317216956417
    Reading about Cooper's skills and being so young he could still gain height. His name makes me hope he becomes as good in basketball as Cooper Kupp is in football.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Here’s another 2025 rising star to keep an eye on. Bryson Tiller, 6-8, 190, combo forward who goes to Pace Academy, Wendell Carter’s Atlanta high school. He’s holding offers from Auburn, GA Tech, Indiana and Houston among others. I have it from a very good source that he is high on Duke and would love to get an offer.

“Tiller is a smooth athlete with long arms and pretty advanced skill for a young player,” Bossi wrote. “He can really put the ball on the floor and attack out of the high post, shows promise as a big man who can stretch the floor, passes very well out of double teams for such a young player and shows a lot of versatility on the defensive end where he controls the glass and protects the rim.”
    Ranked #6 in the ESPN Top 25? Hmm. Kind of borderline, don’t you think? I kid.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Cooper Flagg

Next season Cooper Flagg (Like this guy's name) will play for Kevin Boyle Dariq Whitehead's HS Coach at Monteverde Academy.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2022/05/16/...-cooper-flagg/

Highly respected scout/talent evaluator Frank Burlison had the following to say having seen the Boozer boys play over Memorial Day:

*The Boozer Twins: I got a long look at them (an entire game) and their Florida-base Nightrydas Elite 15U squad. And all the winter/spring hype generated by twins Cameron (6-foot-8) and Cayden (6-4ish) Boozer was, for the most part, spot-on.
    Cameron was the best “power forward-type” I saw over the weekend, regardless of class. He was just as powerful but more skilled than his dad (former Duke and NBA forward Carlos Boozer) at the same stage of their careers.

I feel so old when contemplating that Carlos Boozer has 2 kids in HS that could possibly be playing at Duke shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeblue91 View Post
    I feel so old when contemplating that Carlos Boozer has 2 kids in HS that could possibly be playing at Duke shortly.
    Wait. That will become grandchildren. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Highly respected scout/talent evaluator Frank Burlison had the following to say having seen the Boozer boys play over Memorial Day:

*The Boozer Twins: I got a long look at them (an entire game) and their Florida-base Nightrydas Elite 15U squad. And all the winter/spring hype generated by twins Cameron (6-foot-8) and Cayden (6-4ish) Boozer was, for the most part, spot-on.
    Cameron was the best “power forward-type” I saw over the weekend, regardless of class. He was just as powerful but more skilled than his dad (former Duke and NBA forward Carlos Boozer) at the same stage of their careers.
    I'm starting to see "best prospect since..." talk with Cameron Boozer on twitter. I feel like that gets thrown around a lot, especially with super skinny and tall kids (Emoni Bates) with a developed jumper. Cameron Boozer is a little different. He's strong. he he can shoot it, yes, but he knows that his bread is buttered inside and goes to the rim all the time. I think what gets people excited about him is that he's got the skills to get to the rim from anywhere on the court. For a big, his handle is advanced. It would be advanced if he were a senior in high school at 6'8". He's 14 years old. His passing seems to be more than adequate as well. It's an impressive package. If he continues on his current trajectory, he could be one of the better high school recruits to come along in a number of years. There doesn't appear to be anyone in the Class of '23 or '24 that would be on his level. Perhaps Naas Cunningham, but that's about it. I've heard about Koa Peat, another PF in the Class of '25, but I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's as good as Cameron Boozer.

What I like about this highlight video is that it features a lot of Cayden Boozer. He gets overshadowed by his twin for many reasons. Cayden is a top 25 recruit in his own right. He's athletic, can handle the ball, can score and pass. He's listed as a 6'4" PG, but I think he ends up being a big wing by the time he reaches college. I have to remember that he's just 14 years old in this highlight clip. He seems to excel in transition and understands angles. You don't see a lot of guards with a good euro step and floater game in high school, especially not a younger player like Cayden. We'll see where Cayden ends up later in his high school career, but he appears to be a very talented player at this stage.

What I like about this highlight video is that it features a lot of Cayden Boozer. He gets overshadowed by his twin for many reasons. Cayden is a top 25 recruit in his own right. He's athletic, can handle the ball, can score and pass. He's listed as a 6'4" PG, but I think he ends up being a big wing by the time he reaches college. I have to remember that he's just 14 years old in this highlight clip. He seems to excel in transition and understands angles. You don't see a lot of guards with a good euro step and floater game in high school, especially not a younger player like Cayden. We'll see where Cayden ends up later in his high school career, but he appears to be a very talented player at this stage.

Agree that I like what I see from Cayden so far. He definitely seems to excel at getting to the basket, and looks like he'll be able to finish through contact. I am guessing that there is a reason I haven't seen too much outside shooting in his highlights. That might explain why he's viewed as Top 25 in his class instead of Top 10.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Agree that I like what I see from Cayden so far. He definitely seems to excel at getting to the basket, and looks like he'll be able to finish through contact. I am guessing that there is a reason I haven't seen too much outside shooting in his highlights. That might explain why he's viewed as Top 25 in his class instead of Top 10.
    Most of the rating services haven't put together rankings for the Class of 2025 yet. You only see him as a top 25 player because only ESPN has ranked the class.

Most of the rating services haven't put together rankings for the Class of 2025 yet. You only see him as a top 25 player because only ESPN has ranked the class.
    Worth noting that neither of the Boozer boys were invited to the USA Basketball U17 national team try outs. Actually, they may have been invited, but they did not accept the invite. The only class of 2025 player to be at the tryouts is Cooper Flagg.

Sean Stewart as invited and would figure to be one of the favorites to make the team.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Worth noting that neither of the Boozer boys were invited to the USA Basketball U17 national team try outs. Actually, they may have been invited, but they did not accept the invite. The only class of 2025 player to be at the tryouts is Cooper Flagg.

Sean Stewart as invited and would figure to be one of the favorites to make the team.
    Further down the list are Class of 2025's Koa Peat and Bryson Tiller (from your neck of the woods).

Further down the list are Class of 2025's Koa Peat and Bryson Tiller (from your neck of the woods).
    Bryson Tiller plays for Pace Academy, which is quite literally like 2 miles from my house. My son's high school used to play against Pace all the time. Wendell Carter went to Pace and my son guarded him in a game one time... it did not go well
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Bryson Tiller plays for Pace Academy, which is quite literally like 2 miles from my house. My son's high school used to play against Pace all the time. Wendell Carter went to Pace and my son guarded him in a game one time... it did not go well
    For whom?

Also Jeremiah Green is in the 2025 class.

I would expect to see the Boozer twins on the U16 Team since they are still 14. I wonder if Flagg, Peat, and Tiller will be invited to the U16 team if they don't make the roster for the U17 team.

Not sure how notable it is if they didn't make the finalists for a major U17 event. They're only 14 years old . ..

A lesson that we should all heed...

CJ Carr is one of the top football prospects in the class of 2024, a 5-star QB who has national title and NFL aspirations. His father is Jason Carr, who was a QB for Michigan and his grandfather is Lloyd Carr, who coached Michigan football for like 2 decades and won a national title there. When CJ was in 9th grade, the very first school to offer him a scholarship was Michigan, where his last name is legendary.

Last night, CJ Carr picked his school... but he won't be playing for Michigan. He's going to Notre Dame instead.

It would be easy to think Cameron and Cayden Boozer are locks to end up in Durham... but we should assume nothing in recruiting.

maybe Harbaugh scares him. He scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    maybe Harbaugh scares him. He scares me.
    His grandpa got run out of UM on rail. And then scapegoated, viciously, by the UM fandom for UM's struggles following his firing. For years and years. Whereas Carlos has nothing but fond memories of Duke (probably, we were none too happy when he went pro early without being a likely first round pick), I'd guess the Carrs don't have such fond memories of how the Carr's tenure(s) at UM ended.

This is a great long term lesson for all fanbases. When a guy leaves, no matter what, STAY NICE. Too many fandom's have been salty about a kid leaving early, then perplexed in 20 years when that guy's kids have little to no interest in attending his dad's old school

Well, duh.

Also, business decision. Harbaugh has done a terrible job developing QBs at UM, but ND hasn't exactly lit up the world in this regard recently, but the new coach and coordinator might change things.