Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    In the "worst possible timeline" category, UNC has offered Cameron and Cayden Boozer. Bold move by Hubert Davis. On the other hand, why not?

https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/stat...cFjLx-bejDhv8A
    I expect Carlos is a good father and will tell them the truth.

"I just want you to know, no matter where you choose to go to school, I'll still love you."

"Even if we go to UNC?"

"I mean what I say. I'll still love you. But I will miss you."

In the "worst possible timeline" category, UNC has offered Cameron and Cayden Boozer. Bold move by Hubert Davis. On the other hand, why not?

https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/stat...cFjLx-bejDhv8A
    I thought Cameron wanted to someday play in the NBA? Maybe not if he’s interested in the Cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post

"I just want you to know, no matter where you choose to go to school, I'll still love you."

"Even if we go to UNC?"

"I mean what I say. I'll still love you. But I will miss you."
    It's like the old one about the booster's words of support to the coach: "Remember, coach, we're with you win or tie!"

Get ready for another weekend of highlights and gushing reviews on Cooper Flagg. The EYBL circuit hits stop #4 this weekend in Memphis. Cooper's Maine United team has their first game in a couple hours, at 930am. We will probably start seeing Twitter clips drop soon after.

But, it appears the Boozer Brothers' Nightrydas Elite team is taking this weekend off. They've been pretty dominant, easily one of the top 5 teams on the EYBL U16 circuit. It is possible they are not participating in the Memphis round of games as this is Memorial Day weekend and the families may just want to do something else.

The Nike EYBL season will conclude with the Peach Jam in Augusta in early July.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Get ready for another weekend of highlights and gushing reviews on Cooper Flagg. The EYBL circuit hits stop #4 this weekend in Memphis. Cooper's Maine United team has their first game in a couple hours, at 930am. We will probably start seeing Twitter clips drop soon after.

But, it appears the Boozer Brothers' Nightrydas Elite team is taking this weekend off. They've been pretty dominant, easily one of the top 5 teams on the EYBL U16 circuit. It is possible they are not participating in the Memphis round of games as this is Memorial Day weekend and the families may just want to do something else.

We may get some Boozer highlights this weekend. Cameron and Cayden will be in Colorado Springs participating in the Team USA U16 trials.

The 12-member team will be announced after this event. They will compete in the Americas Championship in Mexico in early June. I expect both Boozers will make the final roster.

Cooper Flagg missed the birthday cutoff for this group by being born about 10 days too soon.

https://www.usab.com/news/2023/05/th...-training-camp

Looks like games in this session start tomorrow, so we’ll have to wait about 24 more hours for Cooper Flagg highlights.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Looks like games in this session start tomorrow, so we’ll have to wait about 24 more hours for Cooper Flagg highlights.
    You are right, my bad.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

We may get some Boozer highlights this weekend. Cameron and Cayden will be in Colorado Springs participating in the Team USA U16 trials.

The 12-member team will be announced after this event. They will compete in the Americas Championship in Mexico in early June. I expect both Boozers will make the final roster.

Cooper Flagg missed the birthday cutoff for this group by being born about 10 days too soon.

https://www.usab.com/news/2023/05/th...-training-camp
    On3: USA Basketball: U16 Training Camp Day 1 Top Performers

On3 MVP: Five-star F Cameron Boozer

Cameron Boozer was the first player in the gym, getting up shots. He brings a serious demeanor to the floor, nothing really flashy, letting his immense production do the talking. He is listed here at 6-foot-9, and on the eye test, he is one of the tallest guys in this camp.

Boozer is a natural rebounder. He chases the ball with two hands and holds it high with his head up, ready to push or throw an outlet. He is never rushed on the offensive end as a threat to shoot from three or get downhill to absorb contact or finish at the rim.

Boozer, the son of former Redeem Team forward Carlos Boozer, is quiet in his approach but very competitive. He is not afraid of contact, and he plays every possession within himself. Boozer is the No. 1 player in the 2025 On3 75, and in a gym of alphas, he brings an alpha mentality to the floor.
    Other standouts

*I really like four-star PG Cayden Boozer (Columbus/FL) at the point of attack. He is a tough on-the-ball defender and applies pressure on the defense, using his body well in traffic.
    USA Basketball: USA Basketball 2023 Men’s U16 National Team Finalists Announced

USA Basketball announced 18 finalists for the 2023 USA Men’s U16 National Team following three days of training camp in Colorado Springs.

The finalists, selected from 39 training camp invitees, will vie for one of 12 spots on the U.S. U16 National Team that will compete at the 2023 FIBA U16 Americas Championship from June 5-11 in Merida, Mexico.
    The finalists are Alijah Arenas, Cameron Boozer, Cayden Boozer, AJ Dybantsa, Jalen Haralson, Isiah Harwell, Caleb Holt, JJ Mandaquit, Brandon McCoy, Jalen Montonati, Chris Nwuli, Koa Peat, Darryn Peterson, Jayden Quaintance, Deron Rippey Jr., Tyran Stokes, Jaden Toombs and Elijah Williams.
    On3: USA Basketball: The storylines to watch for as the U16 roster is cut from 18 to 12

While this age group is heavy when it comes to play-making wings, the one position that brought about the most questions is how will the point guards play out. It will be interesting how they let things play out over the next couple of play sessions.

Realistically, JJ Mandaquit, Cayden Boozer, Brandon McCoy, and Deron Rippey will be competing for one, maybe two roster spots. The good thing about it, they are all here, and they can spend the next couple of days going head-to-head.
    A look through the center position, Jaden Toombs (Dynamic Prep/TX) is the only other true five who made the list of 18. One interesting factor to look at here is the size and versatility of the team. Players like Cameron Boozer and Koa Peat will be able to steal minutes at the five, especially if you spread the floor or play in a pressing style.

This morning, in Maine United’s most convincing win of the EYBL season so far, Cooper Flagg filled up the stat sheet with 27/17/11/4/3.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    This morning, in Maine United’s most convincing win of the EYBL season so far, Cooper Flagg filled up the stat sheet with 27/17/11/4/3.
    Highlights here — https://twitter.com/ballislife/statu...312266240?s=46

I hardly ever post. Been very excited about Flagg for some time now. The one thing I always look for in these highlight reels is how a player uses their weak hand. Flagg has a great left and almost seems to favor going left. I love it. Really hope we land him! He would be such a great fit for Scheyer.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post
    Carlos: I’ll be happy with whatever decision you make, as long as you attend college for a year.

Cameron: What if I choose UNC?

Carlos: I said I wanted you to go to college.

Cooper Flagg's second game at EYBL Memphis --

45 points on 13-19 FGs (2-3 3FGS) plus 17-18 at the FT line. 14 Rebs, 8 asst, 6 TOs, and 4 blocked shots

In his third and final pool game of the weekend, he scored just 12 points on 2-7 shooting. He went to the FT line 11 times and hit 8. 17 rebounds, 8 more assists, and... get this... 12 blocked shots. MAine United didn't really need him to score much in this game as they beat Team Durant by 14.

One more game tonight.

I wish Cooper was playing with the U17 rising seniors as that is the class I think he belongs amongst. He really should reclass now.

Team USA has a U16 team that's one-sixth Boozer.

USA U16 Team.jpg
    (source)

USA Basketball: 2023 Men’s U16 National Team Announced

USA Basketball announced today the 2023 USA Men’s U16 National Team following seven days of training camp in Colorado Springs. The 12-member roster, selected from 18 finalists, will compete at the 2023 FIBA Men’s U16 Americas Championship from June 5-11 in Merida, Mexico.
    The 2023 Men’s U16 National Team includes Cameron Boozer, Cayden Boozer, AJ Dybantsa, Isiah Harwell, Caleb Holt, JJ Mandaquit, Brandon McCoy, Jalen Montonati, Koa Peat, Darryn Peterson, Jayden Quaintance and Tyran Stokes.

Today is a big day for 2025 recruits. Starting at midnight ET (6 hours ago), college coaches were allowed to make phone calls to 2025 recruits. Sure, they could talk before this in a few different ways, but this is the first time the coaches can reach out directly to the recruits and have a full conversation.

I suspect Cooper Flagg and the Boozer twins will all be getting a ring from Coach Scheyer today (Duke is not one of those schools that calls at 12:01am when high schoolers should really be asleep).
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 06-15-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Today is a big day for 2025 recruits. Starting at midnight ET (6 hours ago), college coaches were allowed to make phone calls to 2025 recruits. Sure, they could talk before this in a few different ways, but this is the first time the coaches can reach out directly to the recruits and have a full conversation.

I suspect Cooper Flagg and the Boozer twins will all be getting a ring from Coach Scheyer today (Duke is not one of those schools that calls at 12:01am when high schoolers should really be asleep).
    Perhaps they make exceptions. Jake Weingarten tweeted at 12:10 am that 5-star Jalen Haralson has already heard from Duke.

Coach Scheyer: u up?
    Jalen Haralson: Yeah, what's good?
    CS: Duke bby

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1669195633633247232?s=20

Darry Peterson, another 5-star wing, also has heard from Duke according to Travis Graf. Peterson was a standout on the USA U16 team that recently won in Mexico City. He appears to be a very talented two-way player that applied pressure in the backcourt and scored all over the court on offense.

https://twitter.com/travisgrafhoops/...o5679Os-6pc2BQ

Meleek Thomas, a 6'5" guard from Western PA that has received a Duke offer already, has also heard from the Duke coaching staff, among many others.

https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/stat...o5679Os-6pc2BQ

Here's an interesting one. Juan Guerrerro Hernandez is a 6'3" G from Grafton, WI. He has previously not appeared on top 100 recruiting lists as far as I can tell. Today, he's heard from Duke, Kentucky, and many Big East and B1G schools. This might be a player that has taken a big step forward.

https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/statu...39976797360141

Here's an interesting one. Juan Guerrerro Hernandez is a 6'3" G from Grafton, WI. He has previously not appeared on top 100 recruiting lists as far as I can tell. Today, he's heard from Duke, Kentucky, and many Big East and B1G schools. This might be a player that has taken a big step forward.

https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/statu...39976797360141
    I hope I'm not forgetting someone obvious, but have we ever had a player of Hispanic descent?