Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    That seems like good news, including the note in the linked story that coaches from the other recruiting powers seem to be backing off their efforts for Flagg (perceiving Duke to be the favorite) and that Kentucky and Carolina apparently aren't even recruiting him much at all. But, for those who follow recruiting more closely than I do, a few obvious questions arise:

1. Have either Flagg or the Boozers commented on potential willingness/desire to play together?

2. And, have they played together for USA Basketball at all? If so, anyone have observations on how their games mesh? They all appear to be the kinds of unselfish/team-focused players whose games would mesh, but it would be great to see some evidence of it.
    1. I haven't seen anything where Cooper Flagg and the Boozers have talked about or expressed interest in playing together. There is no positional overlap as Cooper and the Boozers twins all project to play different positions on the floor. Unless we hear otherwise, I don't think it should be a concern.

2. Flagg played for the U17 Junior National Team last summer (with his high school teammate, Sean Stewart). The Boozers twins have not as far as I know. Flagg, at 15 years old, was just about the best player on that team. I assume Cameron Boozer would have been equally or more impactful on the court if he had been on that team. I agree they would be very good teammates if they all end up together at Duke.

Cooper Flagg birthday - Dec 21, 2006
    Cameron Boozer birthday - July 7, 2007

See if you can piece together why this is significant.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Well Boozer's is 07/07/07 in either the Euro or American or military convention.

Flagg reclass possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Flagg reclass possibly?

Cooper Flagg, if he chooses to reclass to 2024, would be 19 and eligible for the 2025 NBA draft. Cameron Boozer would not be 19 by the time the draft happens so he must wait until the 2026 draft to enter the league (the draft happens in late June).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Boozers are even younger than that. DOB 7/18/2007. (This changes nothing about your post and The Implication).

From the short video of Cooper Flagg referenced on the front page about "The Block" and other highlights -- an additional note; can't remember a good basketball player regardless of their age seem less inhibited by wearing a mask. Played really hard and really well.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    From the short video of Cooper Flagg referenced on the front page about "The Block" and other highlights -- an additional note; can't remember a good basketball player regardless of their age seem less inhibited by wearing a mask. Played really hard and really well.
    His motor seems shocking. Very reminiscent of a young Hansbrough in that regard.

Or better yet like a young Singler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    I like his uni #.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    Dammit. Yes. Better comp

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    His motor seems shocking. Very reminiscent of a young Hansbrough in that regard.
    Does he travel constantly and shoot free throws whenever someone dares to get within 3 feet of him? And you misspelled Hanstravel.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Does he travel constantly and shoot free throws whenever someone dares to get within 3 feet of him? And you misspelled Hanstravel.
    And you both misspelled Beaker

EYBL Session 2 Stats for Cam and Coop: Just wow.

Cameron Boozer: 26.3 PPG on 44-53 FGs (83.0%) shooting; 7-12 on 3P FGs (58.3%); 10-10 FTs (100%); 11.5 RPG; 2.8 APG; 1.5 TO/G; 0.25 BPG; 1.3 SPG.

Cooper Flagg: 26.0 PPG on 37-72 FGs (51.4%) shooting (with face mask); 5-19 3P FGs (26.3%); 25-28 FTs (89.3%); 13.0 RPG; 5.0 APG; 2.8 TO/G; 5.3 BPG; 0.5 SPG.

Despite The Implication, I'd like to see what these guys could do together as teammates.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    EYBL Session 2 Stats for Cam and Coop: Just wow.

Cameron Boozer: 26.3 PPG on 44-53 FGs (83.0%) shooting; 7-12 on 3P FGs (58.3%); 10-10 FTs (100%); 11.5 RPG; 2.8 APG; 1.5 TO/G; 0.25 BPG; 1.3 SPG.

Cooper Flagg: 26.0 PPG on 37-72 FGs (51.4%) shooting (with face mask); 5-19 3P FGs (26.3%); 25-28 FTs (89.3%); 13.0 RPG; 5.0 APG; 2.8 TO/G; 5.3 BPG; 0.5 SPG.

Despite The Implication, I'd like to see what these guys could do together as teammates.
    I mean, first of all both of these guys probably should be playing up because the 16U competition is nothing to them. Frankly, they are going to be facing older players in college and the pros so get started playing against stronger players as soon as possible.

You can tell that Flagg is asked to do a lot more than Boozer is for his team. Flagg's 5 APG showcases his ability to make the players around him better. The 3ppint shooting leaves a lot to be desired but those 5.3 BPG jump off the page.

Boozer's 3 point percentage is impressive but part of that is that no one bothers to cover him out there because if you step out on him he will blow past you and throw down a nasty dunk. 83% shooting from the field?!?!? That's outrageous.

By the way, Cameron Boozer's Nightrydas Elite team is now 9-0. They are routinely winning games by 30+. They had one game where it was just a 9 point win but all the others have pretty much been blow-outs. Cayden Boozer is averaging 8 assists per game (though his 3-point shooting has been kinda awful so far, 1-12).

Cooper Flagg's Maine United AAU squad has been in much tighter contests. Most of their games have been decided by 5 points or less. They are just 3-5 so far.

I mean, first of all both of these guys probably should be playing up because the 16U competition is nothing to them. Frankly, they are going to be facing older players in college and the pros so get started playing against stronger players as soon as possible.
    Yes, my guess is that they would just prefer to play with their twin brothers and friends. I am not sure what the roster change rules are in EYBL, but they seem pretty lax (e.g., Isaiah Evans played for CP3 in the second session after playing for The Skill Factory in the first session). Cameron's E16 team has only 7 players, but perhaps we'll see Cameron move up to help the older Nighrydas squad try to qualify for Peach Jam (they are currently 2-6).

You can tell that Flagg is asked to do a lot more than Boozer is for his team. Flagg's 5 APG showcases his ability to make the players around him better. The 3ppint shooting leaves a lot to be desired but those 5.3 BPG jump off the page.
    Two additional notes regarding Flagg: 1. Yes, the 5+ blocks per game jumps out, and his blocks showed up consistently. He didn't have less than 4 blocks in any game of the session. 2. One other under-the-radar impressive Flagg stat is his 2.8 TOs/G. It might not sound impressive in a vacuum, but the way his team used him (in the one EYBL game of his that I watched), he has the ball in his hands on virtually every single possession and all over the court with multiple players covering him. 2.8 TOs per game is a very low number.

Boozer's 3 point percentage is impressive but part of that is that no one bothers to cover him out there because if you step out on him he will blow past you and throw down a nasty dunk. 83% shooting from the field?!?!? That's outrageous.
    83% would be impressive even if he were playing against five folding chairs!
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

By the way, Cameron Boozer's Nightrydas Elite team is now 9-0. They are routinely winning games by 30+. They had one game where it was just a 9 point win but all the others have pretty much been blow-outs. Cayden Boozer is averaging 8 assists per game (though his 3-point shooting has been kinda awful so far, 1-12).

Cooper Flagg's Maine United AAU squad has been in much tighter contests. Most of their games have been decided by 5 points or less. They are just 3-5 so far.
    Totally outrageous numbers by both of them. And good numbers at the stripe too. Cam with the Laettner-like 10-10.

Scheyer may need to make an exception to his fewer one and dones recruiting strategy for this class.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Scheyer may need to make an exception to his fewer one and dones recruiting strategy for this class.
    “Fewer” could certainly mean two in a particular class given recent history… or one and one if Flagg reclassifies. But the more important thing would be if those two OADs are surrounded by returnees, like a potential junior versions of any of our current incoming class.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Pretty good Cooper Flagg interview