Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

2025 Men's Basketball Recruiting

Duke Basketball never stops, am I right? Might as well get this thing kicked off now that the new school year is underway.

Two of the most promising high school freshmen this season are none other than the Boozer boys, Cameron and Cayden. Their father played at Duke. Apparently, he even won a National Championship on the 2001 team. Went by the name Carlos or C-Booz.

Anyway, the Boozer twins impressed at the CP3 Rising Stars competition over the weekend. Cameron is a 6'8" forward noted for his athleticism and impressive shooting for his size. Cayden is a few inches shorter and is a forward but with a more impressive head of hair if I do say so myself.

Cameron left quite an impression at the Rising Stars event. Andrew Slater noted that he was particularly exceptional. Might want to keep tabs on the two.

Here's the other Boozer boy, Cayden.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How crazy would it be to play in the building that you were named after? Pressure much?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    How crazy would it be to play in the building that you were named after? Pressure much?
    Cameron Hall from Canada didn't have a great career at Duke, though the comparison is not the same -- the building was Indoor Stadium when Hall was born.

http://www.dukeupdate.com/Alumni/cameron_hall.htm

Very interesting to see the Boozer boys coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke Basketball never stops, am I right? Might as well get this thing kicked off now that the new school year is underway.

Two of the most promising high school freshmen this season are none other than the Boozer boys, Cameron and Cayden. Their father played at Duke. Apparently, he even won a National Championship on the 2001 team. Went by the name Carlos or C-Booz.

Anyway, the Boozer twins impressed at the CP3 Rising Stars competition over the weekend. Cameron is a 6'8" forward noted for his athleticism and impressive shooting for his size. Cayden is a few inches shorter and is a forward but with a more impressive head of hair if I do say so myself.

Cameron left quite an impression at the Rising Stars event. Andrew Slater noted that he was particularly exceptional. Might want to keep tabs on the two.

He stands just the way his Dad did with his arms behind his back. Typical Carlos pose.

Here's the other Boozer boy, Cayden.

Whew, looked at that photo quickly and thought that was a Carolina jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Cameron Hall from Canada didn't have a great career at Duke, though the comparison is not the same -- the building was Indoor Stadium when Hall was born.

http://www.dukeupdate.com/Alumni/cameron_hall.htm
    How did Cameron Hall do in all the other buildings named after him: the dining hall, the residence hall...any other hall because I'm not an expert on which buildings were on campus in 1977...

HOLDAT!!!!!!!

The Boozer Bros made their high school debut last night against Vertical Academy. which features one of the top players in the Class of 2023, Mikey Williams. Cameron was a show-stealer in this one, scoring 28 points with 15 rebounds. He displayed the ability to score from all 3 levels, draining open 3's, using his advanced ball-handling skills to get to the rim, and everything in between. Cayden also displayed an advanced game, including high-flying dunks and the ability to score in transition.

Cameron highlights: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...82850192265217

Cayden highlights: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...87379914817548

Get them Boozer boys on board!!!

I'd be upset if they didn't come to Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Get them Boozer boys on board!!!

I'd be upset if they didn't come to Duke!
    2025 is a long way off in terms of development by players. It will probably be at least a couple years until we have a good sense if the Boozer boys skill sets make them the kind of prospect where Duke is a good fit. It will be fun to watch their development.

By the way, the class of 2025 also includes Jermaine O'Neal Jr, son of the former Indian Pacer all-star (and participant in the Malice at the Palace). His father was one of the early high schoolers to go directly into the NBA draft.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Offers Alert: Cameron and Cayden Boozer

The Boozer Twins announced on their IG stories that they have both received an offer from Coach Scheyer and Duke University. They become the first members of the Class of 2025 to receive offers. Frankly, it would have been a shock if they didn't get an offer. Hopefully, they follow in their father's footsteps and play their college home games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

The Boozer Bros made their high school debut last night against Vertical Academy. which features one of the top players in the Class of 2023, Mikey Williams. Cameron was a show-stealer in this one, scoring 28 points with 15 rebounds. He displayed the ability to score from all 3 levels, draining open 3's, using his advanced ball-handling skills to get to the rim, and everything in between. Cayden also displayed an advanced game, including high-flying dunks and the ability to score in transition.

Cameron highlights: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...82850192265217

Cayden highlights: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...87379914817548
    Must be fun times in the Boozer driveway.

Cooper Flagg from Maine on other Duke sites might get an offer.
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...5/#185699145_1

Last edited by -jk; 05-15-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: cleanup title

Cooper Flagg

Flagg announced via twitter that he received an offer from Coach Scheyer. Flagg, like Cameron and Cayden Boozer, is a fraternal twin. He and his brother, Ace, are from Maine and will both play at IMG Academy for high school beginning their sophomore years. Cooper is an elite recruit and will be considered among the top players in what is shaping up to be a very, very special group of players in the Class of 2025. That includes the Boozer twins and Koa Peat, a 6'8" forward from Arizona. Flagg reminds me a lot of Jayson Tatum. They are both long, skilled, with a high release and complete offensive skillset. Here's a video of Flagg competing against the Boozer twins earlier this spring.

Flagg announced via twitter that he received an offer from Coach Scheyer. Flagg, like Cameron and Cayden Boozer, is a fraternal twin. He and his brother, Ace, are from Maine and will both play at IMG Academy for high school beginning their sophomore years. Cooper is an elite recruit and will be considered among the top players in what is shaping up to be a very, very special group of players in the Class of 2025. That includes the Boozer twins and Koa Peat, a 6'8" forward from Arizona. Flagg reminds me a lot of Jayson Tatum. They are both long, skilled, with a high release and complete offensive skillset. Here's a video of Flagg competing against the Boozer twins earlier this spring.

If like to think Flag would have to pick a new number to wear at a Duke but, these days, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I am going to do a little reading between the lines from his Twitter:

Re: Bryant offer: "Honored..."
    Re: Albany offer: "Blessed..."
    Re: Iowa offer: "... blessed..."
    Re: UCLA offer: "Excited..."
    Re: Michigan offer: "Very excited..."
    Re: Duke offer: "Extremely ex[c]ited and happy to announce ..."

Also interesting to note that it appears Amile is the assistant assigned to recruit Flagg.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    I am going to do a little reading between the lines from his Twitter:

Re: Bryant offer: "Honored..."
    Re: Albany offer: "Blessed..."
    Re: Iowa offer: "... blessed..."
    Re: UCLA offer: "Excited..."
    Re: Michigan offer: "Very excited..."
    Re: Duke offer: "Extremely ex[c]ited and happy to announce ..."

Also interesting to note that it appears Amile is the assistant assigned to recruit Flagg.
    This tweet from his mother is telling.

He has always been a Duke fan but a lot will go into his final decision.
    https://twitter.com/kflagg11/status/1526012317216956417

Here’s another 2025 rising star to keep an eye on. Bryson Tiller, 6-8, 190, combo forward who goes to Pace Academy, Wendell Carter’s Atlanta high school. He’s holding offers from Auburn, GA Tech, Indiana and Houston among others. I have it from a very good source that he is high on Duke and would love to get an offer.

“Tiller is a smooth athlete with long arms and pretty advanced skill for a young player,” Bossi wrote. “He can really put the ball on the floor and attack out of the high post, shows promise as a big man who can stretch the floor, passes very well out of double teams for such a young player and shows a lot of versatility on the defensive end where he controls the glass and protects the rim.”