Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    In the Columbus (14)vs Paul VI (10) game, Cameron had 17 pts and 11 reb.Cayden has 16 with 5 assists in the 57-55 win.
    From the highlights I believe Harris may have had 6 (possibly 8) on a poor shooting night.

Columbus (15) lost to Imhotep Charter(14) after falling behind 14-0. Imhotep has the 2nd ranked player in the country, a senior who is headed to Ky. The sophomore Boozer twins had 14 and 11 points.

I’ve seen a couple games with the Boozer brothers by accident, and they’re ridiculous. Each time I think “Wow, those are at least high 4* or maybe 5* 23s, how do I not remember them?” and then I remember they’re *25s*.

I have zero inside information, but if the CBA allows it, I’d be shocked if they spend any time in college. I mean, I think a year of college would be a great experience for them, but making millions in the NBA is a very shiny end goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    I’ve seen a couple games with the Boozer brothers by accident, and they’re ridiculous. Each time I think “Wow, those are at least high 4* or maybe 5* 23s, how do I not remember them?” and then I remember they’re *25s*.

I have zero inside information, but if the CBA allows it, I’d be shocked if they spend any time in college. I mean, I think a year of college would be a great experience for them, but making millions in the NBA is a very shiny end goal.
    Unless things change, it does not appear the current CBA negotiations will eliminate the OAD rule. The Boozers could choose Overtime Elite, The G-League Ignite, the Aussie league or some other way of getting paid for a year but going directly to the NBA does not appear to be an option.

As the sons of a former NBA star who earned $143 million from NBA paychecks alone and who has been quite successful in broadcasting since he retired, I don't get the impression that "where can we earn the most money the fastest" will be a big concern for them. Building a brand and developing a fan base (which really helps with endorsements and media attention) is probably their pre-NBA Draft priority... along with some development of their game against top tier college competition prior to diving into the deep end against NBA pros.

Also, though he is considered an outstanding prospect, Cayden Boozer is not thought of as nearly as much of a OAD/Pro lock as his bigger brother Cameron is. Unless something really changes in his game, I suspect Cayden would attend college regardless of whether there is a draft rules change.

Both Cameron and Cayden have said in numerous interviews that they have little interest in the other avenues (instead of college) that are available to top-tier players. They both have said they want to go to school before looking at the NBA.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cameron Boozer Named Gatorade National Boys Basketball High School POTY

Cameron Boozer has been named the Gatorade National Boys Basketball High School Player of the Year. He becomes the second sophomore to ever win the award (Emoni Bates was the first). Kevin Love surprised Boozer with his trophy. I imagine this would be a shock for most kids to meet Kevin Love. Somehow, I think Cameron was not as surprised as his peers might have been.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cameron-boo...150158019.html

Cameron and Cayden both hold early offers from Duke, Florida State, Miami, Michigan and Arkansas. The pair plan on making a few visits this spring and summer, but nothing has been set up yet. One school thought to be the favorite is Duke, where their father played in college.

"Duke is a great program and they're one of those places that have a lot of pros coming out of there," Cameron said of the Blue Devils. "Everything they do on the court just kind of shows me who they are, and, historically, they've just been great in general."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Cameron Boozer has been named the Gatorade National Boys Basketball High School Player of the Year. He becomes the second sophomore to ever win the award (Emoni Bates was the first). Kevin Love surprised Boozer with his trophy. I imagine this would be a shock for most kids to meet Kevin Love. Somehow, I think Cameron was not as surprised as his peers might have been.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cameron-boo...150158019.html
    There is substantial speculation that next NBA CBA will eliminate the one year of college requirement, as early as the 2024 draft but more likely for 2025. I doubt the Boozers spend any time in college.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    There is substantial speculation that next NBA CBA will eliminate the one year of college requirement, as early as the 2024 draft but more likely for 2025. I doubt the Boozers spend any time in college.
    Boy I sure hope so. That would also explain Jon’s change in recruiting philosophy. If the ready to plug and play OAD’s go straight to the NBA, it makes sense to not rely on a new group every year.

It seems like there have been so many times that it's been a near certainty that the next CBA will get rid of 1-and-done, and it just fizzles away.

Young Boozer being player of the year that young is impressive. The rarity of that happening is impressive. Then, that feeling is dialed back a little bit when you see how things turned out for the only other person to accomplish that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    It seems like there have been so many times that it's been a near certainty that the next CBA will get rid of 1-and-done, and it just fizzles away.

Young Boozer being player of the year that young is impressive. The rarity of that happening is impressive. Then, that feeling is dialed back a little bit when you see how things turned out for the only other person to accomplish that feat.
    Bates is an interesting counterpoint. I thin the family situations are a key difference. The Boozer twins appear to be in good high school and AAU programs and have a father who has been through everything, being a top high school recruit, being a top college player, and being an NBA All-Star. As far as a player's context can hinder or support them, I believe Cameron and Cayden are in an ideal situation.

Bates is an interesting counterpoint. I thin the family situations are a key difference. The Boozer twins appear to be in good high school and AAU programs and have a father who has been through everything, being a top high school recruit, being a top college player, and being an NBA All-Star. As far as a player's context can hinder or support them, I believe Cameron and Cayden are in an ideal situation.
    And they hopefully will be coached by Scheyer, not Penny Hardaway

FWIW Carlos Boozer said on the DBR Podcast a couple weeks ago that even if the OAD rule were eliminated the twins would still attend college. A lot can change and I certainly wouldn't hold him to it if the rule does in fact change, but this was good to hear.

The elder Boozer also said that the twins are a package deal, something I hadn't heard confirmed before.

link

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Another thing to think about is the possibility of him enrolling a year early. That hasn't been discussed that I've heard just something to think about. I mean the kid is already the high school player of the year as a soph. Not sure 2 more years of high school ball is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    Another thing to think about is the possibility of him enrolling a year early. That hasn't been discussed that I've heard just something to think about. I mean the kid is already the high school player of the year as a soph. Not sure 2 more years of high school ball is needed.
    He is still a 15 year-olds kid. High school might be the place for him for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    He is still a 15 year-olds kid. High school might be the place for him for a couple years.
    FWIW, Carlos was on the young side when he enrolled at Duke. Started the 1999-2000 season just before turning 18. And right into the fire -- opened the season with two losses vs Stanford and UConn at Madison Sq. Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    FWIW Carlos Boozer said on the DBR Podcast a couple weeks ago that even if the OAD rule were eliminated the twins would still attend college. A lot can change and I certainly wouldn't hold him to it if the rule does in fact change, but this was good to hear.

The elder Boozer also said that the twins are a package deal, something I hadn't heard confirmed before.

link
    Well... he said that was the plan but he also said that if the boys were projected as lottery picks they would have to take a long look at that situation. I didn't hear him rule out going directly to the NBA.

A piece of it may be how soon Cameron and Cayden want to split up and go their separate ways. It was clear from my conversation with Carlos that they enjoy playing together, which is why they are a "package deal" (those were Carlos's words, not mine).

And, FWIW, I doubt the NBA does lower the age restriction. I just don't see an incentive for either the owners or the players to make that move. Doesn't help either of them.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well... he said that was the plan but he also said that if the boys were projected as lottery picks they would have to take a long look at that situation. I didn't hear him rule out going directly to the NBA.

A piece of it may be how soon Cameron and Cayden want to split up and go their separate ways. It was clear from my conversation with Carlos that they enjoy playing together, which is why they are a "package deal" (those were Carlos's words, not mine).

And, FWIW, I doubt the NBA does lower the age restriction. I just don't see an incentive for either the owners or the players to make that move. Doesn't help either of them.
    Duke has extended offers to both of them, and, for the time being, they will have to go to college (or the G-League/OTE) for a year after they graduate high school. Until the situation changes, I like to assume that they and Cooper Flagg will play college ball for at least a year. I sure do hope they play their homes games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Amazing recognition for a 15 year old.

Cameron Boozer, No. 1 prospect in the country, is the 2023 Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year

Sophomore Cameron Boozer, the son of former NBA player Carlos Boozer, was named the 2023 Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year on Wednesday. It's one of the most prestigious high school basketball awards in the country, and Boozer is only the second sophomore in the program's history to win the award for boys basketball (Emoni Bates won as a sophomore in 2020).
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cameron...150158019.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-deal-end-week

Adam Silver is hopeful that a new CBA deal is completed by the end of the week. Much has been made of the possibility of ending the age restriction on high school players wanting to enter the NBA. This article talks about the discussions, with the emphasis on addressing changes in media rights. Silver wants this addressed now. A few other points are touched on as well. The age limit is not mentioned. If an agreement is truly this close to being signed and nothing has leaked out about the age limit it would be remarkable if was actually dropped. Given Duke's perceived position with the Boozer twins and Copper Flagg this could be a significant (non)development.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-deal-end-week

Adam Silver is hopeful that a new CBA deal is completed by the end of the week. Much has been made of the possibility of ending the age restriction on high school players wanting to enter the NBA. This article talks about the discussions, with the emphasis on addressing changes in media rights. Silver wants this addressed now. A few other points are touched on as well. The age limit is not mentioned. If an agreement is truly this close to being signed and nothing has leaked out about the age limit it would be remarkable if was actually dropped. Given Duke's perceived position with the Boozer twins and Copper Flagg this could be a significant (non)development.
    I saw another article a few days ago that indicated Silver does still hope to get the age limit lowered. It may be that this article did not talk about it because it has already been decided by both sides. I have to admit I don’t know why either side would want this. More competition for players and more uncertainty in talent evaluation for teams/owners.

Bottom line, I still think there is a pretty good chance the new age limit is included in the new CBA.

At least we will know in time to adjust our recruiting of Boozer/Flagg if we need to.

Total aside but it can’t hurt that Flagg has spent this whole year playing high school ball with Sean Stewart. Hopefully putting good words about Duke in Cooper’s ear all year.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I saw another article a few days ago that indicated Silver does still hope to get the age limit lowered. It may be that this article did not talk about it because it has already been decided by both sides. I have to admit I don’t know why either side would want this. More competition for players and more uncertainty in talent evaluation for teams/owners.

Bottom line, I still think there is a pretty good chance the new age limit is included in the new CBA.

At least we will know in time to adjust our recruiting of Boozer/Flagg if we need to.

Total aside but it can’t hurt that Flagg has spent this whole year playing high school ball with Sean Stewart. Hopefully putting good words about Duke in Cooper’s ear all year.
    Is LeBron working to get it lowered so Bronny can join him before his body falls apart?

-jk