Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is LeBron working to get it lowered so Bronny can join him before his body falls apart?

-jk
    One problem: Bronny is not nearly an NBA-quality player right now.

Cameron Boozer has had a week. On Thursday night, he scored 28 points to go along with 9 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 assists, and 4 blocks on NBA TV. On Friday night, he played DJ Wagner (#1 player in the Class of 2023) and won while scoring 21 points and grabbing 14 rebounds. This is the second time Boozer's team has beaten Wagner's team.

I think it is fair to say that Cameron Boozer is the best American basketball prospect at the moment. He scores from all 3 levels and contributes in nearly all aspects of the game. I see a lot of Paolo Banchero in his game as well as Kevin Love. Cameron Boozer does a lot of those Love-esque outlet passes and hit-aheads. He is an advanced prospect and only appears to be getting better.

https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/s...33479887826946

I know these are highlights and they are supposed to look impressive. But they look really, REALLY impressive.

Cooper Flagg, ladies and gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1648770346265329665

It's hard to believe that Flagg isn't the top prospect in his own class.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I know these are highlights and they are supposed to look impressive. But they look really, REALLY impressive.

Impressive, but I'm not a big fan of all the turnaround jumpers. Of course, he makes 100% of them in his highlight reel. Interestingly enough, Matthew Hurt is the only one I've ever really seen consistently hit those one-legged Dirk Nowitzki jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    Impressive, but I'm not a big fan of all the turnaround jumpers. Of course, he makes 100% of them in his highlight reel. Interestingly enough, Matthew Hurt is the only one I've ever really seen consistently hit those one-legged Dirk Nowitzki jumpers.
    I don't think that's a move that a college coach would recommend. It's an interesting move and, like you said, rare to see anyone but the elite of the elite hit on a regular basis. Maybe Flagg is one of those elite of the elite? I'm more impressed by the blocks and the way he is exploding to the rim. Remembering previous highlights from last summer, Flagg seems to have more athletic pop.

They don't show his misses and turnovers. I have to see more than a highlight tape.

I watched Montverde lose to Sunrise in the GEICOs and Flagg did not impress much. He only took 4 shots though in 23 minutes so maybe he wasn’t 100%.

Duke should sell tickets to allow fans to watch the conversation where Flagg asks Laettner if he can un-retire #32. Could fund an NIL collective with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Duke should sell tickets to allow fans to watch the conversation where Flagg asks Laettner if he can un-retire #32. Could fund an NIL collective with the proceeds.
    Do the proceeds go to Laettner as a reward if he says "Hell no?"

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I watched Montverde lose to Sunrise in the GEICOs and Flagg did not impress much. He only took 4 shots though in 23 minutes so maybe he wasn’t 100%.
    When Flagg played last summer for the USA U-17 team in FIBA World Cup competition, I thought his overall floor game and defense were his strong points. He led that team (as the only 15 year-old on the roster) in steals and blocks. Don't know if he has super offensive skills at this point, but look forward to his development. Just my take at this point, but I see him as a Shane Battier type player, really smart, versatile, and good on defense.

Ohhhh I love this. Bud Light TV commercial. $5M to Cooper and $3.5M to Laet. It’d the Wild West. Get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    When Flagg played last summer for the USA U-17 team in FIBA World Cup competition, I thought his overall floor game and defense were his strong points. He led that team (as the only 15 year-old on the roster) in steals and blocks. Don't know if he has super offensive skills at this point, but look forward to his development. Just my take at this point, but I see him as a Shane Battier type player, really smart, versatile, and good on defense.
    Would we take another Battier in 2024??

I kid.

Whol’s your Daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Just my take at this point, but I see him as a Shane Battier type player, really smart, versatile, and good on defense.
    I love this comparison because the book on Flagg is that he is one of those unique kind of players who can guard anyone on the floor. He is an absolutely elite shot blocker despite not having freakishly long arms because his anticipation and the quickness of his leaping ability. He is seen as a super smart player who knows how to make everyone around him better. He is also someone who plays with almost endless energy, something that rubs off on his teammates.

Shane was mostly limited to corner 3s on offense in the NBA, so it is easy to forget what an offensive force he was in college. While it is faaaar too early to project how Cooper will develop as an offensive player in college or the pros, it is already abundantly clear that he will be an impact and likely elite defender and rebounder from day one.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Minor quibble

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I love this comparison because the book on Flagg is that he is one of those unique kind of players who can guard anyone on the floor. He is an absolutely elite shot blocker despite not having freakishly long arms because his anticipation and the quickness of his leaping ability. He is seen as a super smart player who knows how to make everyone around him better. He is also someone who plays with almost endless energy, something that rubs off on his teammates.

Shane was mostly limited to corner 3s on offense in the NBA, so it is easy to forget what an offensive force he was in college. While it is faaaar too early to project how Cooper will develop as an offensive player in college or the pros, it is already abundantly clear that he will be an impact and likely elite defender and rebounder from day one.
    Shane was a very good scorer his junior and senior years, not much of a scorer at all his first two years. 7.6 and 9.1 points per game, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

100%. The one game I saw him play was with Team USA a year or so ago. Even with a ton of (older) talent around him, he just dominated with his combination of IQ, timing and athleticism. I think he had 4 blocks on one play. He had amazing anticipatory steals. You couldn't take your eyes off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    Do the proceeds go to Laettner as a reward if he says "Hell no?"
    My guess is that Christian's response would be much more graphic than "Hell no".

https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Cooper Flagg with 52 tonight on 16 of 18 shooting in Nike EYBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post

Maybe the highlights of him hitting all his shots are just like the only game film he has because he doesn't miss.

52 points on 18 FG attempts?!?!?!!

Not much other talent on the Maine United team, unfortunately. Brother Ace Flagg was second leading scorer with 8 points.

Additional note from Brendan Marks on the linked tweet -- It was, uh, necessary, to put it lightly.

But definitely an impressive performance with Duke’s entire coaching staff in tow.

Oh my 😳.

Those are Alaa Abdelnaby like numbers……..