Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Cantlay's is much better, imo.
    The consensus is that Adam Scott has the “prototypical” golf swing, if one is inclined to copy. That said, I find myself most enamored with Nelly Korda’s.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Uhhh, have you seen Riggs, Trent, Lurch, & Frankie play? Puh-lease.
    Riggs is the nicest guy ever it seems and a very intelligent dude but his action is kinda strange. It isn’t horrendous but he’s improving. Lurch swings the heck out of the golf club. He’s a tank. Trent just recently broke 100 and is a nice guy too. But (no offense) his game needs work. Honestly, Frankie had the best action of them in my opinion but can’t chip. They all seem like great dudes and the Fore Play pod is one of my favorite podcasts to listen to because of their hilarious content. They’re becoming well respected in the golf community by many of the PGA Tour guys, too. I have become a big Pat Perez fan because of his frequent visits on the podcast. As well as Kevin Kisner.

The consensus is that Adam Scott has the “prototypical” golf swing, if one is inclined to copy. That said, I find myself most enamored with Nelly Korda’s.
    Swing aficionados, prepare to be mesmerized by this:

https://twitter.com/pgatour/status/1...750368769?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Riggs is the nicest guy ever it seems and a very intelligent dude but his action is kinda strange. It isn’t horrendous but he’s improving. Lurch swings the heck out of the golf club. He’s a tank. Trent just recently broke 100 and is a nice guy too. But (no offense) his game needs work. Honestly, Frankie had the best action of them in my opinion but can’t chip. They all seem like great dudes and the Fore Play pod is one of my favorite podcasts to listen to because of their hilarious content. They’re becoming well respected in the golf community by many of the PGA Tour guys, too. I have become a big Pat Perez fan because of his frequent visits on the podcast. As well as Kevin Kisner.
    I’ll just say that we’ll have to agree to disagree about Riggs.

I’ll just say that we’ll have to agree to disagree about Riggs.
    Not a big Riggsy guy, are you?

Not a big Riggsy guy, are you?
    Nope.I do give him credit for the fundraiser for Pinehurst employees.

Nope.I do give him credit for the fundraiser for Pinehurst employees.
    Yeah, that son of a gun got to start there for 90 days at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic starting in March, 2020, too. Lucky bastard …

Yeah, that son of a gun got to start there for 90 days at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic starting in March, 2020, too. Lucky bastard …
    He was basically sloshed the whole time & was a douche to my kid on the driving range.

He was basically sloshed the whole time & was a douche to my kid on the driving range.
    Whoa! Sorry bud! Didn’t know that. Surprising to me, too. Did he give your kid some lip while intoxicated or something? That’s crazy!

Whoa! Sorry bud! Didn’t know that. Surprising to me, too. Did he give your kid some lip while intoxicated or something? That’s crazy!
    Basically. And my kid wasn’t the only one. When he’s not on camera self-promoting, he’s, uhhhh, a different personality.

Basically. And my kid wasn’t the only one. When he’s not on camera self-promoting, he’s, uhhhh, a different personality.
    That’s disappointing to hear! Sorry man!

That’s disappointing to hear! Sorry man!
    Eh. No skin off my nose. He knows where his bread is buttered and is a really good actor. The propping for Kiz is just part of the influencer schtick.

Kiz lost me when he showed that his effing hobby is harassing college players on Twitter during the US Am.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    What do you think are his chances of a wild card pick for the Ryder Cup?

The top 6 are locks, the next 6 are captain's picks. #7 through #10 are no-brainers...then comes Reed at #11.

#12 Berger, #14 Scheffler, #15 Kokrak, #16 Burns, #17 Horschel, and #19 Na are all playing this weekend, and Reed is currently in last place. His sickness and pulling out of the last 3 tournaments certainly gives the captain leeway to pass him by.

I say he doesn't get a pick. What do y'all think?
    Captain America should probably be included until he gives some evidence that he is not a beast for the US. He also takes the heat off other players by being a lightning rod for criticism, which doesn't seem to bother him.

Health is a concern, but he has three weeks to get better. Maybe he wouldn't be playing if the money wasn't so wonderfully guaranteed this week.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Captain America should probably be included until he gives some evidence that he is not a beast for the US. He also takes the heat off other players by being a lightning rod for criticism, which doesn't seem to bother him.

Health is a concern, but he has three weeks to get better. Maybe he wouldn't be playing if the money wasn't so wonderfully guaranteed this week.
    I think captain's picks are announced Monday at the latest. And now there might be another opening with Koepka's injury. I have no idea when the rosters have to be absolutely finalized.

Edit: Reed had a good day today, but Na was the long shot on my list and he's having a great weekend, currently 4th. Reed may be the lightning rod, but with his 'controversies' on the courses I'm not sure how well he is liked by the rest of the golfers/team.
    Last edited by dudog84; 09-04-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Cantlay's is much better, imo.
    No question that Patrick’s swing is the one I should strive for. It’s beautiful. I just love the abandon of Justin’s turn, with its risk/reward.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think captain's picks are announced Monday at the latest. And now there might be another opening with Koepka's injury. I have no idea when the rosters have to be absolutely finalized.

Edit: Reed had a good day today, but Na was the long shot on my list and he's having a great weekend, currently 4th. Reed may be the lightning rod, but with his 'controversies' on the courses I'm not sure how well he is liked by the rest of the golfers/team.
    I would probably not get along with Patrick Reed for several reasons. But his unquestioned love of competing for his country, and his ability to perform well despite the pressures of the Ryder Cup, make him a most attractive option. We don't have many players who play to their potential during the Cup, but Reed does.

For that matter, I like Na for the team as well. One thing the US has proved through the years is that having your very best players out there guarantees nothing. Take 'em both!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I would probably not get along with Patrick Reed for several reasons. But his unquestioned love of competing for his country, and his ability to perform well despite the pressures of the Ryder Cup, make him a most attractive option. We don't have many players who play to their potential during the Cup, but Reed does.

For that matter, I like Na for the team as well. One thing the US has proved through the years is that having your very best players out there guarantees nothing. Take 'em both!
    After playing poorly the 1st 2 days (especially Thursday) and being in last place, Reed has played Sat-Sun at -6 and is currently T18 with 4 to play. If he can get a birdie or two coming in to make the top half of the field, I now think he will be picked.

Edit: And then he double-bogeys the next hole. Who knows, the captain will have reasoning to back up whatever his decision is.
    Last edited by dudog84; 09-05-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Berger (#12 RC) shoots a 64, best round of the tournament, to lock up a captain's pick.

There were two match play events today. I paid much more attention to the Solheim Cup. The US goes into the 12 singles matches 2 points down. That danged Dukie Leona Maguire was a major reason the Europeans have the lead.

The FedEx finish was high drama, though. I was pulling for the American. Of course!