Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ross Cockrell got a lot of playing time last night for TB as they beat the Cowboys...he was the fifth leading tackler, with six tackles, four solo.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Crowder will miss the opener against the Panthers. He was vaccinated,
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...olina-panthers
    I expect this will be turned into more ammo for the players who are opposed to getting the vaccine, unfortunately.

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Article in the NY Post on the Jones family, with Duke of course prominently featured.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/10/inside...pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Wasn’t sure where to put this. Article in the NY Post on the Jones family, with Duke of course prominently featured.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/10/inside...pasteboard_app
    Fingers crossed for Daniel...the scrutiny in NY is just over the top. Hopefully the critical gaze has turned more towards GM Gettleman who vowed to rebuild the offensive line, and at this point it looks like a debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Fingers crossed for Daniel...the scrutiny in NY is just over the top. Hopefully the critical gaze has turned more towards GM Gettleman who vowed to rebuild the offensive line, and at this point it looks like a debacle.
    Spot on. Attention on the failures of Get to build the O line. At least he provided some weapons, if they can stay on the field.

Michael Carter II with a nice pass breakup early (against the Panthers, unfortunately).

Daniel Jones throws 37 yard TD pass to Sterling Shepherd to give Giants a 7-3 lead over Broncos.
    Bob Green

Well, that didn’t take long…

The Giants have promoted Matt Skura from the practice squad to the full team. They are shifting their offensive line all around. I’d expect Matt to get a chance to protect Danny Dimes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-football-team
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by . I’d expect Matt to get a chance to protect Danny Dimes.

[url
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32219995/sources-new-york-giants-start-billy-price-center-shift-nick-gates-guard-washington-football-team[/url]
    Somebody needs to….:

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, that didn’t take long…

The Giants have promoted Matt Skura from the practice squad to the full team. They are shifting their offensive line all around. I’d expect Matt to get a chance to protect Danny Dimes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-football-team
    Very cool! Nice to see them re-united, hopefully it provides a nice boost for both of them!

For anyone who didn't pick up on it (or didn't read the article), the Giants - Washington game is tonight.

ESPN online has an article today on underappreciated NFL players, and Laken Tomlinson is listed. Basically says he is no longer known as the first round pick that didn't work out in Detroit, and that he was San Francisco's most consistent lineman last year and a key cog in their big running attack. Also says that SF really looking to resign him after the season. Nice to hear about him. Very happy to hear how well he is not only doing, but that he is getting some recognition. Link is below though may be an ESPN+ article.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...e-more-respect

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    ESPN online has an article today on underappreciated NFL players, and Laken Tomlinson is listed. Basically says he is no longer known as the first round pick that didn't work out in Detroit, and that he was San Francisco's most consistent lineman last year and a key cog in their big running attack. Also says that SF really looking to resign him after the season. Nice to hear about him. Very happy to hear how well he is not only doing, but that he is getting some recognition. Link is below though may be an ESPN+ article.

Thanks for this ... I had been thinking about him as I contemplated my sad Lions, and remembered that he was no longer on the team.

I'd call them hapless but that implies it's merely bad luck. As my grandpa used to say about the Red Sox, "Hey, any team can have a bad century".

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post

Just goes to show how a player is so dependent upon the coaches he works for...'failing" in Detroit and prospering in SF isn't a great look for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...'failing" in Detroit and prospering in SF isn't a great look for Detroit.
    [insert gridiron event of the last 60+ years] isn't a great look for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    [insert gridiron event of the last 60+ years] isn't a great look for Detroit.
    so true. My most enduring memory of the Lions is a loooooooooong multi-decade string of lousy Thanksgiving Day games...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I couldn't watch, but I saw pre-game reports that Matt Skura was to start for the Giants today at left guard, so two Dukies walked off the New Orleans field a winner!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Jamison Crowder made his season debut for the Jets yesterday. 7 catches and a TD.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cris Collinsworth had a few positive comments last night about Ross Cockrell. After the mention of his lack of athleticism, praised him for his intelligence and abilities.
    Always a pleasure to hear nice things about Duke football players in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I couldn't watch, but I saw pre-game reports that Matt Skura was to start for the Giants today at left guard, so two Dukies walked off the New Orleans field a winner!
    The o-line was much better with Matt joining the crew. Keep it up Matt.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Great news for Mark. Wish it wasn’t the Lions, but making an NFL roster is awesome after what he’s been through.

The Lions are signing cornerback Mark Gilbert from the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad to their 53-man roster, ESPN reported Tuesday.