Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Dukies in the NFL - 2021

Today's Nashville Tennessean has a summary article on the status of borderline players in training camp and says that Breon Borders' stock is "Up":
    He has been one of the most consistent Titans throughout training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Today's Nashville Tennessean has a summary article on the status of borderline players in training camp and says that Breon Borders' stock is "Up":
    Borders on the borderline?

Big preseason night for Victor Dimukeje with 5 tackles against the Chiefs. Do we dare to start calling him Vickie D, or is that a really, really bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    Big preseason night for Victor Dimukeje with 5 tackles against the Chiefs. Do we dare to start calling him Vickie D, or is that a really, really bad idea?
    A hard no.

Deon Jackson had a big game last night in the Colts 27 - 17 win over the Lions:

10 rushes, 81 yards, 1 TD
    1 reception, 3 yards, 1 TD

Hopefully his preseason performance was enough to earn him a spot on the 53 man roster but if not there is no doubt he will be on the practice squad earning a paycheck.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/stat...156870144?s=21
    Bob Green

Presumably, Deon was running flat out. Which means that the guy who laid the hit on him at the end must be Usain Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Hopefully his preseason performance was enough to earn him a spot on the 53 man roster but if not there is no doubt he will be on the practice squad earning a paycheck.

Jackson has some experience on special teams. That's frequently how UFAs make a roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Colts fan here - there is zero chance of Deon making the active roster because Indy has 4 roster locks at his position, but he has a chance at the PS. If the other developmental back takes his spot, no question he latches on somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Jackson has some experience on special teams. That's frequently how UFAs make a roster.
    Good point. Jackson is a versatile asset.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven's Guardian View Post
    Colts fan here - there is zero chance of Deon making the active roster because Indy has 4 roster locks at his position, but he has a chance at the PS. If the other developmental back takes his spot, no question he latches on somewhere else.
    Perhaps not day one but football, long season, next man up.
    Bob Green

Per this article, Daniel Jones and the starters will play at least one half today against the Patriots:

https://www.giants.com/news/new-york...hick-preseason
    Bob Green

Only Duke highlight (?) I saw yesterday was Breon Borders of the Titans giving a Bears receiver a WWE-like pile driver. He was properly flagged, but he did show some power in his move.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

The Chiefs kept 4 tight ends on their 53 man roster so Noah Gray is "officially" a Chief!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The Chiefs kept 4 tight ends on their 53 man roster so Noah Gray is "officially" a Chief!
    Yay!!
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

And Breon Borders did in fact make the borderline cut and is on the 53 man roster for the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    And Breon Borders did in fact make the borderline cut and is on the 53 man roster for the Titans.
    Here's a list from "Our Lads." Does it appear accurate?

Team Player Pos Pos-Str Status Draft Status
    Code:
    ARI	Dimukeje, Victor	OB	SLB - 3rd	Active	21 06 210
    GB	Patrick, Lucas	OG	RG - 1st	Active	16 CFA
    KC	Gray, Noah	TE	TE - 3rd	Active	21 05 162
    LAC	Rumph II, Chris	OB	EDGE - 2nd	Active	21 04 118
    NYG	Jones, Daniel	QB	QB - 1st	Active	19 01 006
    NYJ	Carter III, Michael	CB	NB - 2nd	Active	21 05 154
    NYJ	Crowder, Jamison	WR	WR - 1st	Active	15 04 105
    NYJ	Hennessy, Thomas	LS	LS - 1st	Active	17 CFA
    SF	Tomlinson, Laken	OG	LG - 1st	Active	15 01 028
    TB	Cockrell, Ross	CB	CB - 2nd	Active	14 04 109
    Ten	Borders, Breon	CB	CB - 2nd	Active	17 CFA
    a bit hard to read, but decipherable.
    Sage Grouse

Didn't we have another TE (Birmingham or Helm, maybe?) who was bouncing around the league for a couple years? He may be out now, but that was the only thing that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Didn't we have another TE (Birmingham or Helm, maybe?) who was bouncing around the league for a couple years? He may be out now, but that was the only thing that came to mind.
    possibly Cooper Helfet (sp?) in Seattle?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Last played for the Raiders in 2017. He now runs this non-profit, while possibly occasionally staring at his Super Bowl ring.

https://www.thenatureproject.org/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I mean him too, but that was too long ago. I looked it up, and I was thinking of Helm (picked up by San Fran in 2019 as a UDFA and cut this past June).

Edit: Oops, he was originally signed by the Chargers but then waived and picked up by San Fran (all in 2019).