Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 321
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    But WHAT a car - The Batmobile.
    True, but not the most inconspicuous drive in the surrounding countryside.

    Although, if there is actually a Bat Cave on the property, the one car garage would work for the Maserati, Ferrari, or Lamborghini that would be fun to drive around the surrounding countryside.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    True, but not the most inconspicuous drive in the surrounding countryside.

    Although, if there is actually a Bat Cave on the property, the one car garage would work for the Maserati, Ferrari, or Lamborghini that would be fun to drive around the surrounding countryside.
    Batman loves bellinis. It is known.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Right. If youíre going to be super villain rich, act the part.
    You rang?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    Beautiful home but (there's always a but) - in the picture of the kitchen, it appears to be only a 2 burner cook top. (Floor plans shows as 4 - hope that is right.) And the dining room is a floor above the kitchen but, I guess, the hired help have to worry about that. Family meals can be done in the kitchen.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    Whoa. That pool... I've never seen anything like that. And six floors... wow.

    My old stomping grounds, too... lived at 75th and CPW for a while, and 86th and Columbus. Some beautiful buildings tucked into those streets.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Beautiful home but (there's always a but) - in the picture of the kitchen, it appears to be only a 2 burner cook top. (Floor plans shows as 4 - hope that is right.) And the dining room is a floor above the kitchen but, I guess, the hired help have to worry about that. Family meals can be done in the kitchen.
    Interestingly, my mother-in-law lives in the apartment building right next door to that town house (she's at 241 Central Park West). I've walked past it many times and always admired the architecture of that town house.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Interestingly, my mother-in-law lives in the apartment building right next door to that town house (she's at 241 Central Park West). I've walked past it many times and always admired the architecture of that town house.
    Our pediatrician used to be in 241 CPW - they moved a block north to 86 and CPW when my son was still very young, around 2012. They had the ground floor - you actually had to go down a few steps which was a pain with a stroller. Which reminds me of something interesting about the townhouse - I clearly recall sitting in the pediatrician's office and feeling the subway going underneath (B/C trains). I assume that when they spent the money doing the renovation, something was done to insulate the townhouse from that, as the basement pool is likely not too far away from the subway track.

    Good point about the two burners - I see that too. The kitchen is extremely nice but I do not like it as much as the rest of the house. And it is interesting that the dining room is upstairs - one would think they would put in a dumb waiter or something similar.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Western NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    Six stories and no elevator? At least that wasn't in the description. Is it just assumed that with a $30M asking price there is an elevator and that if you have to ask, you're just a country bumpkin?

    Section 15

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    Six stories and no elevator? At least that wasn't in the description. Is it just assumed that with a $30M asking price there is an elevator and that if you have to ask, you're just a country bumpkin?

    Section 15
    Yes, there is an elevator. A little box labelled ELEV. on the stair side.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Good point about the two burners - I see that too. The kitchen is extremely nice but I do not like it as much as the rest of the house. And it is interesting that the dining room is upstairs - one would think they would put in a dumb waiter or something similar.
    I'm pretty sure that if you can afford the house, you can afford the smart waiters.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    Pretty cool. Iíve never had a desire to live in NYC but the internal architecture in some homes can really surprise and delight.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You rang?
    Canít spork, made me laugh.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

    I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

    https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    That's nice, but if I'm going to be coaxed from my homestead in Wake County, I'm really going to need a single family home. I have a thing against shared walls. I'm also a fan of ranch houses. Anything in that neighborhood that might fit the bill? I know I can't get over an acre like I have now, but maybe half an acre? Anything like that in NYC?

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    That's nice, but if I'm going to be coaxed from my homestead in Wake County, I'm really going to need a single family home. I have a thing against shared walls. I'm also a fan of ranch houses. Anything in that neighborhood that might fit the bill? I know I can't get over an acre like I have now, but maybe half an acre? Anything like that in NYC?
    From that townhouse you can see the Met across the park in the winter when the trees are bare, you are a few hundred yards from the Museum of Natural History, a 10 minute subway ride to MSG and Broadway (I live nearby and I'm going to the game tomorrow night - I could theoretically walk if I was feeling ambitious), 20 minutes to Yankee Stadium, a block or two from some of the best pizza slices and bagels in the world, and a short walk from Zabar's and Barney Greengrass, among other food options. And there is a huge park across the street to meet all of your outdoor needs.

    Different strokes for different folks - that's what makes life interesting and the world a fun place - there are different places to meet different people's needs. No need to be a hater.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    From that townhouse you can see the Met across the park in the winter when the trees are bare, you are a few hundred yards from the Museum of Natural History, a 10 minute subway ride to MSG and Broadway (I live nearby and I'm going to the game tomorrow night - I could theoretically walk if I was feeling ambitious), 20 minutes to Yankee Stadium, a block or two from some of the best pizza slices and bagels in the world, and a short walk from Zabar's and Barney Greengrass, among other food options. And there is a huge park across the street to meet all of your outdoor needs.

    Different strokes for different folks - that's what makes life interesting and the world a fun place - there are different places to meet different people's needs. No need to be a hater.
    I didn't see a elevator. Did I miss something? I wouldn't want to live in a 6 story walk up from basement to roof on a day to day basis. It would take me all day to get upstairs at my age.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I didn't see a elevator. Did I miss something? I wouldn't want to live in a 6 story walk up from basement to roof on a day to day basis. It would take me all day to get upstairs at my age.
    Itís basically just a door under the stairs. Take a look at the floor plan and you will see it.

    Living in a narrow, tall home would be tough for me. I had a three story townhome once and it was like living in a tree house.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Itís basically just a door under the stairs. Take a look at the floor plan and you will see it.

    Living in a narrow, tall home would be tough for me. I had a three story townhome once and it was like living in a tree house.
    I remember staying with friends of a friend who lived in Brownstones in the West Village. My calves were bulging at the end of the stay b/c of all the stair climbing.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    From that townhouse you can see the Met across the park in the winter when the trees are bare, you are a few hundred yards from the Museum of Natural History, a 10 minute subway ride to MSG and Broadway (I live nearby and I'm going to the game tomorrow night - I could theoretically walk if I was feeling ambitious), 20 minutes to Yankee Stadium, a block or two from some of the best pizza slices and bagels in the world, and a short walk from Zabar's and Barney Greengrass, among other food options. And there is a huge park across the street to meet all of your outdoor needs.

    Different strokes for different folks - that's what makes life interesting and the world a fun place - there are different places to meet different people's needs. No need to be a hater.
    I'm not a hater, I was just wondering if there are any single family homes in NYC. Other than the mayor's house of course. One of my property voyeurism indulgences is to see how close I can get to my home in other cities.

    I'm a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Raleigh. Theoretically, from my house if you walk 20 minutes you can get to another 20 minute walk after which you'll be final 20 minute walk to get someplace. My house gets a 0 walkability score, a 0 mass transit score and a 13 for bikability. They are building a new Costco that will be an hour walk from my house, so that's very exciting. It will be the closest shopping to my house!

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I'm not a hater, I was just wondering if there are any single family homes in NYC. Other than the mayor's house of course. One of my property voyeurism indulgences is to see how close I can get to my home in other cities.

    I'm a 15-20 minute drive from downtown Raleigh. Theoretically, from my house if you walk 20 minutes you can get to another 20 minute walk after which you'll be final 20 minute walk to get someplace. My house gets a 0 walkability score, a 0 mass transit score and a 13 for bikability. They are building a new Costco that will be an hour walk from my house, so that's very exciting. It will be the closest shopping to my house!
    As far as I know, there are few if any non-attached residential houses in Manhattan - there are some that are historical sites, museums or schools, but I think that is about it, other than Gracie Mansion, which you mentioned.

    In the other boroughs there are plenty. Queens has some great neighborhoods (such as Forest Hills, home to some DBR posters), in the Bronx Riverdale has beautiful homes, Brooklyn is famous for its brownstones (townhouses) but also has sections with nice single-family houses, and a large portion of Staten Island is single-family houses. Most of these areas are on our near public transit.

    Note that I grew up in suburbia (NJ) and had an incredible childhood there and frequently consider moving back, but for now, we are very happy in Manhattan and have established roots here.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM
  2. NBA transitive property
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM
  3. The transitive property thing...
    By DukeWarhead in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •