Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I really appreciate you continuing to look for my next house. However I have to pass on this one. I really need one with the guest house for my mother-in-law. Let me know when you find the next match.
    Okay, gotcha. I thought you would just dig an open pit and throw a bucket of fish heads in at her every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I thought you would just dig an open pit and throw a bucket of fish heads in at her every once in a while.
    I thought he had to find a MIL guest house or that would be his fate.

For the Bond Villain, you're mansion will be ready for the 2023/2024 ski reason.

This $33.5 Million Park City Mansion Was Designed to Look Like the Set of a Bond Movie

I really think it's ambitious to have a glass bottom pool over the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    For the Bond Villain, you're mansion will be ready for the 2023/2024 ski reason.

This $33.5 Million Park City Mansion Was Designed to Look Like the Set of a Bond Movie

I really think it's ambitious to have a glass bottom pool over the garage.
    Well, that's pretty flippin' cool. I'd be pretty thrilled with a ski-in/ski-out place, no matter the size (but w/ a hot tub).

Maldives

I saw this mentioned in an article in the NY Times. Not bad. The water slide is key.

https://www.sphereestates.com/proper...t-soneva-jani/

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I saw this mentioned in an article in the NY Times. Not bad. The water slide is key.

And the best part is... you don't have to mow the lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    And the best part is... you don't have to mow the lawn
    Nice place; great location; water slide IS cool; no lawn to mow......BUT I'm not paying $7 million for a house with no garage!

Inspired by the word “wisdom” in Sanskrit, the Soneva Jani is the Maldives most exclusive resort. It is their goal to help inspire your senses and create a paradise where you can indulge in the 'SLOW LIFE', an acronym standing for Sustainable – Local – Organic – Wellness Learning – Inspiring – Fun – Experiences

They're trying a bit too hard with the acronym, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Nice place; great location; water slide IS cool; no lawn to mow...BUT I'm not paying $7 million for a house with no garage!
    Yes, covered parking for your private yacht would be kind of important!

It's a leasehold. Next.

-jk

$49M for Daniel Snyder's Rockville, MD property (the exorcist is extra)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...89622&mmlb=g,0

Tidbits from The Athletic:

It was the “the formal estate of Jordan’s King Hussein and Queen Noor” before Snyder purchased it.

The 15-acre estate comes with two separate guest houses, a 12-car garage, a movie theater and gardens landscaped “in an 18th-century style known as jardin à l'anglaise.”

The current title holder for biggest real estate purchase in the area? That would be Snyder, who bought a different estate, in Alexandria, for $48 million in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post

It was the “the formal estate of Jordan’s King Hussein and Queen Noor” before Snyder purchased it.

The 15-acre estate comes with two separate guest houses, a 12-car garage, a movie theater and gardens landscaped “in an 18th-century style known as jardin à l'anglaise.”

The current title holder for biggest real estate purchase in the area? That would be Snyder, who bought a different estate, in Alexandria, for $48 million in 2021.
    15 acres? When I buy the most expensive house in an area, I want a little more space from the neighbors.

I can't say I'm a fan of the mirrored closets.

A fireplace in the foyer? I'm not sure of the purpose of that.

The view from the master bath? To die for as is the patio.

I like the pool and the shade right next to the pool.

However, it's a little out of my price range, I wonder if they would take $40,000,000?

15 acres? When I buy the most expensive house in an area, I want a little more space from the neighbors.

I can't say I'm a fan of the mirrored closets.

A fireplace in the foyer? I'm not sure of the purpose of that.

The view from the master bath? To die for as is the patio.

I like the pool and the shade right next to the pool.

However, it's a little out of my price range, I wonder if they would take $40,000,000?
    Sorry, but that wine cellar is WAY too small. The owner clearly does not have his priorities in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Sorry, but that wine cellar is WAY too small. The owner clearly does not have his priorities in order.
    Whine cellar...some place to putting visiting UNC fans after a loss to Duke? Hmm...trick question. Why would you ever have UNC friends?

The actual house and grounds are beautiful. Why am I not shocked that I don't like the furnishing choices? It looks more like a museum than a house that actual people live in. And the rooms that are slightly more modern looking are kind of ugly - the room with the TV and the furniture in the Commanders colors is hideous.

That being said, if he can't find a buyer and will drop the price by 95%, I would consider it, though the taxes would still be a bit of a stretch for me...

Hah! My wife has actually been in that house. She used to work directly for Snyder. And, no, she doesn’t have any negative stories other than watching Joe Gibbs hobble around in his boxers at night when he slept in his office.

The actual house and grounds are beautiful. Why am I not shocked that I don't like the furnishing choices? It looks more like a museum than a house that actual people live in. And the rooms that are slightly more modern looking are kind of ugly - the room with the TV and the furniture in the Commanders colors is hideous..
    Seriously! All that money and these houses are so cold and unpleasant. I'm beginning to think rich people really need to spend more money on interior decorating.

Can I just live in the garage? I would not put cars on that floor - although those cars probably aren't driven much. Live the spiral staircase

Hmm...trick question. Why would you ever have UNC friends?
    To make your in-laws appear great.

Does anyone know what the worldwide market size is for properties like this? 10,000 people? 100,00 people? A million? Property taxes and upkeep combined has to run 1-2 million a year.