Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ski, seclusion, sand or city for a getaway home?
    Preferably, seclusion AND sand.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Preferably, seclusion AND sand.
    Expensive place to have seclusion! Foreign or domestic?

Expensive place to have seclusion! Foreign or domestic?
    Probably domestic. I don't want to deal with foreign "stuff." As long as I can pick up shells.

Probably domestic. I don't want to deal with foreign "stuff." As long as I can pick up shells.
    See, I like the idea of a secluded tropical beach outside the U.S...little rum and fish stand down the way. An expat ex-coroner and his wife from the Topeka, slowly sliding off the rails, for neighbors.

If you want the best of shelling, try Sanibel Island, FL. Also decent shelling on Marco Island. The Gulf of Mexico is a wonderful body of water to live next to.

Ski, seclusion, sand or city for a getaway home?
    Seclusion. No doubt about it. Preferably one I can also use as a bug out location in the event of TEOTWAWKI. Willing to pay extra for a private airstrip.

https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-...luxury-listed/

This 6 bedroom, 2.5 bath house seems fairly standard until you notice that one of the bathrooms has FOUR toilets (with no separators)!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M74654-50710

4 toilets.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    If you want the best of shelling, try Sanibel Island, FL. Also decent shelling on Marco Island. The Gulf of Mexico is a wonderful body of water to live next to.
    Oh, I go to St Pete every fall and have been to Sanibel and Captiva. It is WAY expensive!

And I am growing weary of St Pete. Too commercialized, too crowded. I am thinking of moving up the coast this year and get a condo away from all the hotels. Actually cheaper that way, but you have to put down a non-refundable deposit and pay the total balance before you even get there.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    This 6 bedroom, 2.5 bath house seems fairly standard until you notice that one of the bathrooms has FOUR toilets (with no separators)!

4 toilets.jpg
    Wow. That takes the Love Toilet and turns it up to 11...errr, 4.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post

4 toilets.jpg
    Very interesting. That could be awkward. The property description says it was a Girl Scout retreat so it is probably a leftover from then but unclear why they took away the dividers.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I enjoyed this thread so I thought I would revive it (sorry to ruin bundaberg's thread killer stats).

I just saw this listing for a town house very close to where I live, but at a very, very different price point than my home. I walked by it both days this weekend - nothing too unique about it from the outside, but pretty incredible on the inside, particularly the pool. It faces out on Central Park, a few blocks up from the Museum of Natural History.

https://www.corcoran.com/homes-for-s...250/regionId=1
    Following up on this post from a few months ago that generated a lot of discussion, this NYC townhouse in my neighborhood sold for $26 million. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was thinking of buying it, unless the buyer is in our midst, in which case I expect an invitation for the game Thursday night - I can pick up some pizzas from the great spot down the block.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/myster...-price-record/

And by the way, no, I do not read the NY Post - it was linked from a neighborhood blog. The Post is offensively bad for real news but is good for features like this, gossip and sports.

^ who doesn't love Page Six? (check your PM inbox, I'm told it's clogged).

Following up on this post from a few months ago that generated a lot of discussion, this NYC townhouse in my neighborhood sold for $26 million. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was thinking of buying it, unless the buyer is in our midst, in which case I expect an invitation for the game Thursday night - I can pick up some pizzas from the great spot down the block.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/myster...-price-record/

And by the way, no, I do not read the NY Post - it was linked from a neighborhood blog. The Post is offensively bad for real news but is good for features like this, gossip and sports.
    I did not know I needed a wellness center in my home until just now. But I do. Oh, I need one so bad.

And, no, this is NOT a case of confusing my needs and wants. I need it!!!

I did not know I needed a wellness center in my home until just now. But I do. Oh, I need one so bad.

And, no, this is NOT a case of confusing my needs and wants. I need it!!!
    A wellness center sounds like something you can get a prescription for - thing of all of the other medical bills you would be avoiding if you stayed healthy using a wellness center - it is clearly a win/win for your insurance company. Perhaps one of the good doctors on DBR can hook you up with a wellness center script.

I am still amazed that this brownstone has these features in the basement. As I mentioned upthread, the basement of this building is adjacent to a subway track - my kids used to go to a pediatrician that was on the ground floor of a neighboring building on the same block and I recall feeling the rumble of the train passing under.

I occasionally check out the Post for updates on what the Yankees are (not) doing. They do have decent coverage of the local pro sports teams.

I always feel like I need an extra long shower afterwards.

A walkthrough of The One, the most expensive home in the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Cd_McCdow

my neighbor, he of Unicorn status who heads a VTOL aircraft company, just dropped something like $6 million on a home near here, which is not easy...

Cutcliffe's home is pending sale. I can post the link - they mention it belongs to a football coach, so no secret whose it is. Or would that be inappropriate?

Cutcliffe's home is pending sale. I can post the link - they mention it belongs to a football coach, so no secret whose it is. Or would that be inappropriate?

If it's a public link, I suppose you'd be helping them advertise if the sale fell through, but I am not a mod.

If it's a public link, I suppose you'd be helping them advertise if the sale fell through, but I am not a mod.
    There are pictures of him and Duke Football helmets everywhere. Screw it. NICE HOUSE!!!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...93000850_zpid/