Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    FWIW the GoDuke.com box score credits Royson with the assist and Boade with the goal. The replay shows that Cooper let the ball go through without touching it to Boade which was a really smart play.
    Sure looked like Coop touched it behind her, either way great play by Duke and the game winner.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Sure looked like Coop touched it behind her, either way great play by Duke and the game winner.
    Here's the play https://twitter.com/accnetwork/statu...79016808345614

Still a great play by the incredible Coop. She drew 3 defenders with her run to the box and somehow knew she had an open teammate behind her and let the ball go through. She is so instinctive.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Fantastic run and dummy by Cooper
    Tragic howler by the FSU goalie…oye veh!!!

I missed the game, but was pleasantly surprised to see the Blue Devil Women came away with the 1-0 win against the #1 and previously undefeated Seminols. FSU has been #1 all season long and had not lost a game but were tied by The Cheats on Thursday in Chapel Hill. FSU was 0-1-1 on the trip to North Carolina after starting the season 14-0-0.

It was a great goal by Boade, her 7th of the year, who has a good touch anywhere near the net. I'm not sure if this will move Duke up from #6 nationally but it puts them into 3rd in the ACC, with only unranked Louisville left on the regular season schedule (away on Thursday). The ACC Tournament starts on Sunday 10/31.
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 10-24-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Corrected FSU Record

If I am looking at this correctly, Duke would get the 1st round bye with a UVA win over FSU and a Duke win over Louisville

It appears that UNC is in 7th, and would miss the ACC Tournament. Has that ever happened?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I missed the game, but was pleasantly surprised to see the Blue Devil Women came away with the 1-0 win against the #1 and previously undefeated Seminols. FSU has been #1 all season long and had not lost a game but were tied by The Cheats on Thursday in Chapel Hill. FSU was 0-1-1 on the trip to North Carolina after starting the season 14-0-0.

It was a great goal by Boade, her 7th of the year, who has a good touch anywhere near the net. I'm not sure if this will move Duke up from #6 nationally but it puts them into 3rd in the ACC, with only unranked Louisville left on the regular season schedule (away on Thursday). The ACC Tournament starts on Sunday 10/31.
    Spent afternoon in Greenville,SC. Wish I had seem this monumental win.Saw Notre Dame win. This is great preparation for post season success. Hope these women go all the way and get Robbie Church his first National Championship.
    Laettner's uniform number and SI picture were framed at a Sports Bar on 9 N. Main Street . At Tupelo Honey restaurant, my Clemson grad waitress told me Duke was her dream school.She wanted to wear a blue wig and cheer with the Cameron Crazies. I told them how lucky Duke was to get Zion Williamson. Spartanburg was on my route to Westin Poinsett Hotel. Coach K has his photo framed with the General Manager there . Kind of like that wall at Bullock's BBQ.Others on the wall there were Clemson grad former SC Governor Nikki Haley,Yo Yo Ma, Renee Fleming, John Travolta, Doris Godwin, and Keanu Reeves with a motorcycle in front. Duke alum friend got married there.Man I sat next to with a Clemson T shirt and I talked about the bad season Dabo Sweeney is having. I complained at how awful Chase Brice was. Though he won a game for Appalachian State this season. Greenville has a really cool downtown. Many restored historic buildings including that Hotel. Watched my team at the Hotel Bar, the Dodgers go down in 6 to a really good Atlanta Braves team. Not big on baseball,but that was an incredible series.Hope Atlanta takes the World Series over the 2 years since scandal Astros. Mario Gabelli thinks the Atlanta Braves is a good growth stock.The general manager in all of these interesting celebrity photos GM Fabian Unterzaucher.GM Fabian Unterzaucher

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/r...eisure-guests/

Back to the team on the Thread. Great to see the seniors who had their hearts broken for 3 years by Florida State win and get validation as a contender and redemption.
    https://goduke.com/sports/womens-soc...y-graham/17341
    https://goduke.com/sports/womens-soc...-mcguire/17348
    https://goduke.com/sports/womens-soc...ie-pluck/17353
    https://goduke.com/sports/womens-soc...-simmons/17355
    https://goduke.com/sports/womens-soc...and-stam/17356
    Last edited by heyman25; 10-24-2021 at 10:12 PM. Reason: adding a thought.

Still a great play by the incredible Coop. She drew 3 defenders with her run to the box and somehow knew she had an open teammate behind her and let the ball go through. She is so instinctive.
    Thanks for posting. LGD!!!!

I missed the game...
    Don’t know whether this will do you and possibly others any good, but the game will be shown again on ACCN, early Mon morn, 5-7 a.m., EDT.

Thanks for the post. Might try to catch as a Night Owl lifestyle.

Agreed, it was a great play by Cooper. Boade got a little bit lucky, to be honest. Her shot direction just wasn't that good, as you could see from a replay from directly behind Boade (which was not shown in the Tweet). But the keeper just didn't make a save she should have made. But the opening was there, and ultimately the shot went through. Our defense was aggressive and lock-down good, holding a team that averages more than 3 goals per game scoreless for the first time this season. Great game for Duke.

Louisville is a team that we should beat, but it is a game on the road and Louisville can still be dangerous. Gotta take care of business. If we win AND Virginia beats FSU outright on Thursday, then we would have the tiebreak to get the second seed and a first-round bye (assuming the tiebreak rules haven't changed). If both things don't happen, we could be seeded anywhere from third to sixth.

That team down the road would still be in if they win and any of Clemson, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest lose (again, unless there's been a rule change, the Holes hold tiebreakers against all of those teams). So in addition to a Duke win and a uNC loss, we are rooting for an FSU loss for the bye, and for insurance against a hapless Miami team, we need a draw between Notre Dame and Wake, plus a Clemson victory at BC. That's a lot to realistically hope for, but I'm up for the challenge!

Win over FSU pushes Duke women to number one in RPI.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...ens-soccer-rpi

Scary moment when Ruthie went walkabout with about ten minutes left, but Duke women hold on to beat Louisville, 1-0. Five clean sheets in a row is not a bad roll to be on heading into the postseason.

UVA- FSU up next on ACCN. A win for the Hoos gives Duke the number two seed and first-round bye in the ACC Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Scary moment when Ruthie went walkabout with about ten minutes left...
    I missed it, what happened with Ruthie? The game was never really in doubt, but then again, one goal would have tied it. Duke defense let up only 7 goals in 16 games, while scoring 35.

UVA leads FSU 1-0 with 25 minutes remaining
    If that score holds, I believe Duke will secure the 2 seed and a first round bye

I missed it, what happened with Ruthie? The game was never really in doubt, but then again, one goal would have tied it. Duke defense let up only 7 goals in 16 games, while scoring 35.
    She came well out to the side of the area to try to cut off a through ball, but didn’t get it. The Louisville winger was able to center, but the resulting shot at a wide-open net was blocked.

FSU has equalized. One-all with 12 minutes left.

Nasty collision between Robbins of FSU and Jablonowski of UVA in the center circle with seconds to go. Two candidates for concussion protocol, and a booking for Robbins. Hoos get one last chance to launch it toward the box, but it comes to naught, and we will have bonusball in Tally.

Draw between UVA and FSU leaves Duke as the three seed. Duke-Wake and ND - Clemson on Sunday. Cheats miss the ACC, but they are still a lock for the NCAA.

The Duke Women have good momentum and are healthy going into the playoffs. They are ranked #2 in the coaches poll and #1 in the RPI with a 13-2-1 record including 5 straight shutouts. They have beaten everyone in the ACC Tournament execpt Virginia (but haven't played Clemson) who they would meet in the championship game if they get that far. First up is Wake Forest on Sunday at 8pm EST. LGD!

They actually defeated Clemson 3-1 in their final preseason tuneup