Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Evidently the double punt came in the 2nd half. What's a double punt? As for the Seahawk defense, it hasn't been good all season. I was afraid the Rams would control the 2nd half by running the ball. If that had happened, my man Metcalf wouldn't have had time to put up some points for me. But somehow he scored 2 TDs..
    It was nuts. Dickson is a former rugby player. Rams got good penetration and blocked his punt. He tracked it down and picked it up on the run (which is amazing in its own right) and then ran right up to the line of scrimmage and absolutely boomed a punt. It was stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It was nuts. Dickson is a former rugby player. Rams got good penetration and blocked his punt. He tracked it down and picked it up on the run (which is amazing in its own right) and then ran right up to the line of scrimmage and absolutely boomed a punt. It was stunning.
    Man, I would have loved to have seen that. Maybe it will be shown on the NFL Network today. Thanks for the update.

Man, I would have loved to have seen that. Maybe it will be shown on the NFL Network today. Thanks for the update.
    The clip is floating around on the internet. The commentators were completely befuddled. They weren't sure if it was a legal play. They also kept saying Dickson crossed the line of scrimmage, but it was clearly the 21 yard line not the 20. The line judge was standing right there staring at Dickson as he kicked it.

I'll see if I can find a clip.

Edit: See if this link works. The most impressive part is grabbing the ball on the run. Must be rugby skills.

The clip is floating around on the internet. The commentators were completely befuddled. They weren't sure if it was a legal play. They also kept saying Dickson crossed the line of scrimmage, but it was clearly the 21 yard line not the 20. The line judge was standing right there staring at Dickson as he kicked it.

Edit: See if this link works. The most impressive part is grabbing the ball on the run. Must be rugby skills.
    It was also pretty amazing the way the ball came off the block - it landed on the ground spinning upright and just kept going like a top.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It was all a ploy to draw the punt returner up close so he could punt it deep with no return.

It worked just like they drew it up, in a fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    ...It worked just like they drew it up, in a fever dream.
    Definitely an impressive play...an entertaining moment in the sun for that punter.
    As for fever dreams, I think that's where they drew up those uniforms too. Yeesh.

Russ's Ironman streak of never missing a start at QB is over. 149 starts.

Thanks for the link, Mtn./devil and it did work. What a play by that young man. Sorry about Russ. Hoping Geno can get the ball to Metcalf while Russ is recuperating.

Thanks for the link, Mtn./devil and it did work. What a play by that young man. Sorry about Russ. Hoping Geno can get the ball to Metcalf while Russ is recuperating.
    With Dissley and Metcalf, Geno has two physically large targets. And with Lockett he has a speedster. But man, the O-Line needs to help him out. Hopefully we get Carson back next week at RB. That would take some pressure off.

The only good thing about this is all the pressure is off this team. No one will expect anything out of them for the next month and a half. It's house money.

Huge mistake by Cincy to go for a 57 yard FG (which they missed) and leave Aaron Rodgers with a short field and the game tied.

This Bengals Packers game is pants on head.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Huge mistake by Cincy to go for a 57 yard FG (which they missed) and leave Aaron Rodgers with a short field and the game tied.
    This Bengals Packers game is pants on head.
    Well this certainly turned out not to matter after all.

Well this certainly turned out not to matter after all.
    That was insane.

With Dissley and Metcalf, Geno has two physically large targets. And with Lockett he has a speedster. But man, the O-Line needs to help him out. Hopefully we get Carson back next week at RB. That would take some pressure off.

The only good thing about this is all the pressure is off this team. No one will expect anything out of them for the next month and a half. It's house money.
    Yes on Carson, he's my #3 RB.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Gruden is gone.

Bye. (He's gonna have a hard time getting back in the broadcast booth, too...and of course his Corona gig is toast as well.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Gruden is gone.

Bye. (He's gonna have a hard time getting back in the broadcast booth, too...and of course his Corona gig is toast as well.)
    Wow. Not surprising at all but wow. Already reported he's told staff he will resign.

I worked for the DC-based lobbying arm of a Top 100 law firm my first few years out of college. My boss, a former GHWB official, gave me access to his work email to write/respond on his behalf. He and several of the senior partners in the law firm all traded pictures of nude women and made pretty crude comments about some of the young associates in the firm. This was mid-00s. Really astounded me. Later, working for a Fortune 50 company, I was sitting with one of the senior most executives and he made a pretty homophobic slur. Crap's everywhere.

Interestingly, my wife was also very briefly one of Dan Snyder's executive assistants. Never had a problem or saw one.

The schedule this weak looks kind of...bland. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a single matchup (although I'm sure some of them will turn out to be exciting).

The schedule this weak looks kind of...bland. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a single matchup (although I'm sure some of them will turn out to be exciting).
    I'm hoping my Geno-led Seahawks can take advantage of a Steelers team that looked horrendous... until last week.

I expect it to be a pretty good matchup. If we don't get a win here, it might be a long last 3/4 of the season.

This Cowboys - New England game is about 100x better than I was expecting.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    This Cowboys - New England game is about 100x better than I was expecting.
    Didn’t watch, but only way it would be 100% better is if both teams lost, not just one.