Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1438

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    To be fair, even Mahomes is probably 1 in 30 to get a fg from the 25 in 13 secs. This just happened to be that one time. Recency bias makes it seem likely but it just isn’t. IMO.
    I disagree. He’s already got something like 12 official comebacks already in his short career. I sincerely think we’re looking at the second coming of Tom Brady in terms of clutchness. I fully expect this young man to win a minimum of five Super Bowls. I think he has a great chance of overtaking Brady and winning at least eight.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I disagree. He’s already got something like 12 official comebacks already in his short career. I sincerely think we’re looking at the second coming of Tom Brady in terms of clutchness. I fully expect this young man to win a minimum of five Super Bowls. I think he has a great chance of overtaking Brady and winning at least eight.
    I have to reign myself in on the Mahomes stats, some are just absolutely bananas, but the comeback one is interesting. He officially has 11 4th quarter comebacks in 4 seasons as a starter (9 regular season, 2 in the playoffs). That's good, but not crazy. Josh Allen has 8 in one less season. Dak Prescott has 10. Derek Carr has 24. Matt Stafford(!) has 34.

Why is it interesting? Well, in order to come back, you have to be behind at some point, and Mahomes just doesn't get behind or lose very often. 3 of his 13 regular season losses came on the final play, so he didn't get a chance. One was after he got in position to win, but the field goal was blocked. Another was when Edwards-Helaire fumbled before the winning FG attempt.

I have my doubts that he'll reach the Brady stratosphere, but that's fine. We'll still keep him.

How many 13 second comeback wins does he have? I’ll start: 2022 playoff game vs Buffalo.

How many 13 second comeback wins does he have? I’ll start: 2022 playoff game vs Buffalo.
    The stats say he's won 100% of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    The stats say he's won 100% of those games.
    Good counterpoint. I resign.

Totally agree with you. The 13 second comeback was kind of a fluke. They needed helped from Buffalo to pull that off. 1 in 25 sounds about right. In fact, I think I could have coached Buffalo to a win in that situation 😂

It’s official: Tom Brady retiring after 22 seasons in the NFL. I know most here will be happy, but I have to admit this is one of the sadder days in my sports fandom history.

It’s official: Tom Brady retiring after 22 seasons in the NFL. I know most here will be happy, but I have to admit this is one of the sadder days in my sports fandom history.
    One of my all-time favorite players to watch. Good for him. GOAT.

I guess Tampa Bay should get on the phone to Aaron Rodgers. They are still built for a Super Bowl run, even though they’re gonna lose a few players and probably both coordinators this year. But if they could pick up someone like Rodgers, I think they’d have a shot at a deep run next season.

I guess Tampa Bay should get on the phone to Aaron Rodgers. They are still built for Super Bowl run, even though they’re gonna lose a few players and probably both coordinators this year. But if they could pick up someone like Rodgers, I think they’d have a shot at a deep run next season.
    Can't pull for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Can't pull for him.
    Me neither. Perhaps they can pry someone else away.

He'll get an amazing and deserved celebration between now and the Super Bowl.

I guess Tampa Bay should get on the phone to Aaron Rodgers. They are still built for a Super Bowl run, even though they’re gonna lose a few players and probably both coordinators this year. But if they could pick up someone like Rodgers, I think they’d have a shot at a deep run next season.
    Im betting thats where Rodgers ends up.
    Hoping rudolph can step it up.
    Saw him in peewee ball then they moved upstate .saw him again .he may have been the best qb in highschool i have seen comming out of south carolina. Minimum top 5 .

Tom Brady's 22-year career:

* 7X Super Bowl champion
    * 5X Super Bowl MVP
    * 3X NFL MVP
    * 15X Pro Bowl
    * 6X All Pro
    * NFL's all time passing TD leader (624)
    * NFL's all passing yard leader (85,520)
    * Most career wins: 243

* GOAT

Tom Brady's 22-year career:

* 7X Super Bowl champion
    * 5X Super Bowl MVP
    * 3X NFL MVP
    * 15X Pro Bowl
    * 6X All Pro
    * NFL's all time passing TD leader (624)
    * NFL's all passing yard leader (85,520)
    * Most career wins: 243

* GOAT
    More Super Bowl rings than any franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    More Super Bowl rings than any franchise.
    I’m not sure there’s a greater cut and dry goat in any other NFL position, maybe even among positions in the other major sports.

Note: This has to be a position goat conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m not sure there’s a greater cut and dry goat in any other NFL position, maybe even among positions in the other major sports.

Maybe Jerry Rice at WR and Lawrence Taylor at LB? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Depending on how much weight you put on championships, I’d agree. Brady being the GOAT at QB is even a bit more cut & dry than Jordan at SG. But of course opinions will vary.

Depending on how much weight you put on championships, I’d agree. Brady being the GOAT at QB is even a bit more cut & dry than Jordan at SG. But of course opinions will vary.
    I mean, he led the league in yards and TDs. THIS YEAR