Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would say by arm talent and ability to make pretty much any throw he's the most talented quarterback I have ever seen. I hate the zero-sum game of counting championships as the only measure of this, but it is certainly a measure. And he won a Super Bowl. He's definitely not a choker, but I'm also someone who doesn't really believe in that term. Or at least believes it's misapplied. I think he is unquestionably one of the all-time greats. He and Marino are top 10 easily. Just unbelievable quarterbacks. If my life depended on it and I needed one dude to make the most difficult throw in NFL history he's one of the two or three guys on the list with Peyton Manning and Marino. But if I need to win the biggest game of my life then I am going with Brady or Joe Montana.
    I'll still take Unitas. In his day, the rules weren't all aimed at protecting quarterbacks and offense.

And I used to like Rodgers, but his behavior stopped that. I wonder how much that will affect his wallet in the long run.

I so didn’t want to be right today. Sigh… Wouldn’t hurt so bad I thought Tom was coming back next year. Oh well, I guess this is fitting. Two GOATs retiring in 2022.

On a sad note my son got a txt about a hour ago that Carlos dunlap sr father of carlos dunlap of the sea hawks passed away today .condolences to the family .

Stafford is looking good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I'll still take Unitas. In his day, the rules weren't all aimed at protecting quarterbacks and offense.

And I used to like Rodgers, but his behavior stopped that. I wonder how much that will affect his wallet in the long run.
    Too young for him. Good call though.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one team pick up three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a half. That’s ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen one team pick up three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a half. That’s ridiculous!
    Tom Brady's first (according to the announcers)! You either die retire a hero or play long enough to see yourself become the villain.

That was strange.

I'm sure you've written this game off, but a PO'd Tom Brady with 2.5 quarters is a dangerous animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That was strange.

I'm sure you've written this game off, but a PO'd Tom Brady with 2.5 quarters is a dangerous animal.
    I just don’t have faith that the defense can hold the Rams scoreless the rest of the way. I think a mad Tom can definitely put up a couple of touchdowns, but it will take a lot more than that for them to get back in the game. And Stafford doesn’t look like he’s gonna make any mistakes today. Add the officials to all that, and it definitely spells a big-time Rams win.

I just don’t have faith that the defense can hold the Rams scoreless the rest of the way. I think a mad Tom can definitely put up a couple of touchdowns, but it will take a lot more than that for them to get back in the game. And Stafford doesn’t look like he’s gonna make any mistakes today. Add the officials to all that, and it definitely spells a big-time Rams win.
    You might be right. But I wouldn't sell my Super Bowl tickets yet.

You don't make much money by betting against TB12.

Edit: or... The clock may have run out on rhe magic

You might be right. But I wouldn't sell my Super Bowl tickets yet.

You don't make much money by betting against TB12.

Edit: or... The clock may have run out on rhe magic
    What makes it all the more unbearable is having to listen to Chris Collingsworth call the game. He is absolutely giddy, like he was in the Super Bowl when he thought Seattle was going to beat New England. He’s been a Brady hater for a long, long time. He delights in seeing him lose.

If the Bucs don’t at least get this call, on a clear fumble and recovery, then there’s nothing left to say.

If the Bucs don’t at least get this call, on a clear fumble and recovery, then there’s nothing left to say.
    Fumble- has to be

Agreed. That looks pretty clear. The Bucs could build on this stop in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Fumble- has to be
    With this officiating crew, I just don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    is choking the newest sympton?
    It's not new, it's a chronic condition.

Big hill still

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Big hill still
    Too big. Only multiple turnovers in this 4th quarter will give the Bucs a chance.

A stop here and I start paying attention

Edit: clearly I was paying attention. But now it's quite interesting

I won’t really be engaged unless/until the Bucs cut it to one score. I’m still not sure the Rams can be held scoreless in the fourth.

Smh TB must have sold his soul .