Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The Jets Kicker might be the best punter in the league!
    He gets the most practice.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    He gets the most practice.
    The kicker, not the punter (the punter was injured on the first punt and the kicker took over punting duties).

I got a notification of a Daniel Jones touchdown, did he have one called back by review or did the notification just go total off the rails?

Winston and the Saints are beating the pants off the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Winston and the Saints are beating the pants off the Packers.
    Packers have not looked good at all. That was an awful roughing the passer call to wipe out that interception just now, though.

Packers have not looked good at all. That was an awful roughing the passer call to wipe out that interception just now, though.
    That Jeopardy gig looking pretty good for Aaron Rodgers about now . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    That Jeopardy gig looking pretty good for Aaron Rodgers about now . . .
    It seems logical to think that the Rodgers off-season soap opera did not do any favors for the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It seems logical to think that the Rodgers off-season soap opera did not do any favors for the Packers.
    If the NFL was the NBA, Rodgers would get traded in a heartbeat. But trades are so difficult to work in the NFL. Pity as trade speculation is one of the really fun things to do during the NBA off-season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's a strange flex for a player as old as Rogers. If it weren't for Old Man Brady changing what expectations are, I'm sure Green Bay would have told Aaron to beat feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's a strange flex for a player as old as Rogers. If it weren't for Old Man Brady changing what expectations are, I'm sure Green Bay would have told Aaron to beat feet.
    You think the Packers were going to tell Rodgers to beat it and roll out Jordan Love? No chance.

You think the Packers were going to tell Rodgers to beat it and roll out Jordan Love? No chance.
    I get that. But Brady has changed the metric. Not every QB is going to be top tier into their mid 40s.

I do think people are a little premature the way they are jumping on the Jameis Winston bandwagon (not anyone in this thread, just what I've seen on TV and heard on the radio). He did look really good, I'm not trying to dispute that, but that Packers defense looked really bad (and the Packers offense gave them some freebies as well). I think there is still at least a 50% chance yesterday was just a fluke.

I do think people are a little premature the way they are jumping on the Jameis Winston bandwagon (not anyone in this thread, just what I've seen on TV and heard on the radio). He did look really good, I'm not trying to dispute that, but that Packers defense looked really bad (and the Packers offense gave them some freebies as well). I think there is still at least a 50% chance yesterday was just a fluke.
    I think it was just the stark contrast between Rogers and Winston, in the "expectations versus reality" of game one.

I doubt anyone is firmly on board with Winston or tossing aside Rogers.

But it was interesting to say the least.

Did anyone else catch this 33-27 OT win by the Raiders over the Ravens?

Was listening to it in the background at work. For a while, it seemed like no one wanted to win in OT given the willingness to give the ball to the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Was listening to it in the background at work. For a while, it seemed like no one wanted to win in OT given the willingness to give the ball to the other team.
    As far as thrilling overtime shootouts go, this one definitely felt like a bit of a slog for a while.

That was so much fun to watch!!!

Washington Football Team 30, New York Giants 29

The New York Football Giants are 0-2.

Does Joe Judge make it through the entire season as head coach this year? He’s 6-12 as head coach of the NYG.

Last night, Taylor Heinicke became the first QB since at least 1978 with a go-ahead Pass TD, an interception and a game-winning drive in the final 5 minutes of regulation —all on 3 separate drives (per @EliasSports).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The New York Football Giants are 0-2.

Does Joe Judge make it through the entire season as head coach this year? He’s 6-12 as head coach of the NYG.

Last night, Taylor Heinicke became the first QB since at least 1978 with a go-ahead Pass TD, an interception and a game-winning drive in the final 5 minutes of regulation —all on 3 separate drives (per @EliasSports).
    That game was a roller coaster. Taylor played really well in his first regular season start for the WFT (his last start was in the playoffs vs the Bucs last year - he played well then too). As for Judge, I mean it's the Giants so as long as they keep losing does it matter who the HC is?

Last night the OL looked better for NY than it has, especially in pass blocking...the defense was just way too porous. Barkley still looks (understandably) tentative.

Brady might get to 50 at this rate.