Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Brady leads the league in passing yards and TDs.

I don’t necessarily like the guy but for Pete’s sake the man doesn’t just keep going he keeps being the best. I honestly don’t understand how he’s doing it.
    I guess we have to concede that he is really, really good at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Not too bad in the marriage department either.

Semi old joke: After a game, in the post game interview, Brady said that he wanted to go home to be with his wife.

A wag pointed out that he (the wag) was just like Tom Terrific. In fact, he wanted to go home to be with Tom's wife too. (bada bing)
    Section 15

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I conceded that long ago; it's the longevity of that peak performance that amazes.

Who knows, maybe that voodoo PT and diet he does works?

After getting mauled by the Bungles last week, everyone left the Steelers, #7, and Coach Tomlin for dead. I've seen this movie before. I went back to the Olde Sod to see the game vs. Balrimore yesterday at Ketchup Field, for the first time in a few years. The old man ran the dink-and-dunk offense, and they stole one when Lamar threw his 2-point pass low and outside, that would've tied the game. I practiced my Harbaugh Face, with arms slightly extended, palms facing up, and looking up with a confused expression, "anyone see my phone or car keys? I swear they we're setting on the kitchen counter a minute ago." People have been trying to bury the Steelers for years, going back to Caoch Cowher and the days of the Kordell Stewart Experience. I'm not claiming they're the best team in the AFC, or even deserve a playoff spot (a wise philosopher once said, "deserve's got nothing to do with it"), but they are just good enough to be dangerous. Overlook them at your own riisk.

P.S. I had "Renegade" stuck as an ear worm all day. Need to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I conceded that long ago; it's the longevity of that peak performance that amazes.

Who knows, maybe that voodoo PT and diet he does works?
    Or his actual name is Dorian Grey...
    Section 15

Why would Buffalo attempt that kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Attempting a pass wouldn’t have been easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Attempting a pass wouldn’t have been easier.
    Touché.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    It was very clear which way the wind was blowing. I'm not sure why he didn't account for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It was very clear which way the wind was blowing. I'm not sure why he didn't account for that.
    I'm sure they'll be going over that tape tomorrow to see what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I totally despise the WTF owner and the leeches surrounding him. Yet, when the team starts to look competitive, I am a born again fan.

I need to be cured of this illness.
    As a long time WFT fan, I feel like I'm in a no win situation. When a game starts, I want the team to win. I've been a fan since the early 70's. At the same time, I despise Snyder and think he has run the organization terribly for decades. Sadly, when it came to light that he really is a scumbag that ran a shoddy organization I wasn't surprised.

Most WFT fans just want Snyder to sell so we have a chance at building a quality organization. I'd like to root for my team to win without feeling like I need to take a shower afterwards to wash the Snyder off of me. When we win it's despite the owner not because of him. From what I understand we have the worst stadium and the worst game day experience in the NFL (I'm not big on going to games and lining Danny's pocket).

It been cool that we have a 4 game winning streak. They haven't played great all 4 games but are doing enough to win and I'll take that. The defense, despite some significant injuries, has finally started to play the way they did at the end of last year. Hopefully it's not too little too late.

This week WFT plays the UNC of the NFL, the Cowboys (9.5F - GTHDC, GTH). Watching Get Up this morning multiple "analysts" giving WFT no chance to win, none, zero, nil. Still makes me mad and makes me care about winning that game even more. (Note: Get Up is always all about the Cowboys, they cover that team like they are coming off of back to back to back to back to back championships - when in reality they have won 4 playoff games in 25 years - never more than 1 in a season, however).

Hail to the Team. Cowgirls are definitely beatable. We beat Tampa Bay, for crying out loud.
    I hope we get Landon Collins back.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Hail to the Team. Cowgirls are definitely beatable. We beat Tampa Bay, for crying out loud.
    I hope we get Landon Collins back.
    Moving Collins to LB has been a good move (since he can't cover well enough as a Safety). I hope we get him and Montez Sweat back this week. Sadly the TarH...I mean Cowboys look like they are getting multiple key players back this week...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Moving Collins to LB has been a good move (since he can't cover well enough as a Safety). I hope we get him and Montez Sweat back this week. Sadly the TarH...I mean Cowboys look like they are getting multiple key players back this week...
    Is Chase Young out for the year? And what about Logan Paulsen?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Is Chase Young out for the year? And what about Logan Paulsen?
    Are these serious questions? Yeah, Chase is out of the year. Logan isn't on the team this year. Ricky Seals-Jones and rookie John Bates are decent but Logan Thomas is a matchup nightmare for secondaries. I hear Thomas got moved to IR today...

Are these serious questions? Yeah, Chase is out of the year. Logan isn't on the team this year. Ricky Seals-Jones and rookie John Bates are decent but Logan Thomas is a matchup nightmare for secondaries. I hear Thomas got moved to IR today...
    My interest is similar to your. Watched the team every Sunday from late 60s till Panthers moved in. Now with Snyder I have mixed emotions about the team. Wish he’d sell, but he’s so arrogant they could go winless for a decade and he’d still think he’s loved.

However, the Boys aren’t that good and Washington could win this weekend.

I can't ever remember them not cutting to commercial during the 2 minute warning before.

Meant Logan Thomas, sorry. Brain fart. Hadn't heard whether Chase young was out for the year and was still living on hope, I guess.

RIP Demaryius Thomas

Dead at 33 from a suspected seizure. Played at GT too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ome-police-say

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Dead at 33 from a suspected seizure. Played at GT too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ome-police-say
    Wow, sad news indeed. He absolutely torched us (not just us) when he was at GT. Had some good years in Denver as well (with Tebow even IIRC!). Wish the best for his friends and family.