Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Super Bowl Ads 2022

Time for our annual thread to talk about and enjoy the Super Bowl commercials.

Up first, Colin Jost and ScarJo imagine their lives if Alexa could read minds --

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

A Threefer Post

These could have been posted in yum beer or the dancing droid thread, but since this is the most current thread, thought they are best here:

https://youtu.be/OyJLXAZYTn4

https://youtu.be/SUQnduNzsw8

Section 15

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    These could have been posted in yum beer or the dancing droid thread, but since this is the most current thread, thought they are best here:

https://youtu.be/OyJLXAZYTn4

https://youtu.be/SUQnduNzsw8

Section 15
    First video reminds me of the Beer Launching Fridge.

For a more Duke-oriented BLF video, watch a copy of the original made the inventor until the end.

Be ready for a crypto onslaught….

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    First video reminds me of the Beer Launching Fridge.

For a more Duke-oriented BLF video, watch a copy of the original made the inventor until the end.
    Pratt students are very talented!

So far they've all been pretty bad.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Ok, Meadow Soprano parallel parking was absolutely brilliant. I laughed heartily.

How much did Chevy pay for Sthe Sopranos? Yeesh.

The 30 second multicolor QR code ad floating around was a big winner for Coinbase, right up to the exchange crashing and going offline, post ad.

Fortunately, lots of people hiring these days for somebody who just got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Ok, Meadow Soprano parallel parking was absolutely brilliant. I laughed heartily.
    I’m shocked they were allowed to use the opening at all, no matter how much they paid.

hot chips best so far..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Brooks Koepka got paid waaaay too much for that Michelob abomination.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Paul Rudd in a beret, not the commercial but the image wins so far.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The Rings of Power looked promising.

I'm a curmudgeon

Yes, I'm an old curmudgeon, but if the ads shown tonight are supposed to represent what people in today's world will find amusing or entertaining or helpful, I fear for the future of the human race. Mrs. rasputin and I are used to looking at the SB ads (we usually tape ahead and skip the ads), and finding them good or clever. There was practically none of that. Ugh.

Nostalgia was the winner last night as the biggest ads were consistently ads were all reunions of some sort (the Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen one was my favorite).

One minor correction -- the Coinbase ad with the floating QR code was :60, not :30. I thought it was brilliant right up until they showed the Coinbase name at the end. Totally undermined the entire ad! The point was to get people to scan that QR code because it was a mystery. The moment they showed who the QR code was for, the mystery was gone. Really, really foolish!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nostalgia was the winner last night as the biggest ads were consistently ads were all reunions of some sort (the Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen one was my favorite).

One minor correction -- the Coinbase ad with the floating QR code was :60, not :30. I thought it was brilliant right up until they showed the Coinbase name at the end. Totally undermined the entire ad! The point was to get people to scan that QR code because it was a mystery. The moment they showed who the QR code was for, the mystery was gone. Really, really foolish!!
    Is there a way that they can track how many QR'd it? Would be an interesting metric. I was at a friend's house and at least two did (not sure why the second did after the first noted what it was for).

It's been interesting as my generation has entered our prime earning years to observe the commoditization and monetization of our collective childhood. Makes sense, certainly, from an advertising and content perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Is there a way that they can track how many QR'd it? Would be an interesting metric. I was at a friend's house and at least two did (not sure why the second did after the first noted what it was for).
    I am 99% certain that they can track how many people QR'd the ad. If they cannot, their ad agency should be fired. I just did a quick google search and did not see anything but I'm sure it will come out.

I completely disagree with Jason - they had to put the name of the company at the end. A lot of people didn't activate the code. So this way people know who the ad was for. Where does mystery get you once the ad was basically over? They were going to find out eventually anyway, but I would rather have them find out at the moment than a few hours later. Complete no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am 99% certain that they can track how many people QR'd the ad. If they cannot, their ad agency should be fired. I just did a quick google search and did not see anything but I'm sure it will come out.

I completely disagree with Jason - they had to put the name of the company at the end. A lot of people didn't activate the code. So this way people know who the ad was for. Where does mystery get you once the ad was basically over? They were going to find out eventually anyway, but I would rather have them find out at the moment than a few hours later. Complete no-brainer.
    According to the article below, the Coinbase site crashed from so much traffic ---- which...ain't a good look for a tech platform. And, yes, of course they'll know how many people QR'd the ad.

https://blockworks.co/super-bowl-ads...-from-traffic/