Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    He's reverse jinxing. Don't worry about it. He thinks there is no way the Bucs lose.
    I'll post my legit (no reverse-jinxing) thoughts on the games tomorrow.

Early preview: I wish your last sentence was what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I'll post my legit (no reverse-jinxing) thoughts on the games tomorrow.

Early preview: I wish your last sentence was what I thought.
    I know it's not. But I am enjoying this immensely since I am a passive observer!

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Lol been a wierd day .
    When was the last normal day?

I'm guessing for me, somewhere in maybe 2015?

Last sunday .but it was wierd anyway everything went as planned so i guess that counts .
    Turned 51 today fell out of a tree.
    A lil sore(im expecting to be very sore friday morning .now i know why i waited 51 years to do it. Fell off a roof but never a tree .

Last sunday .but it was wierd anyway everything went as planned so i guess that counts .
    A lil sore(im expecting to be very sore friday morning .now i know why i waited 51 years to do it. Fell off a roof but never a tree .
    Why were you in a tree?!?! And hapoy birthday!

Why were you in a tree?!?! And hapoy birthday!
    Must have been trying to recapture an elusive childhood.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Must have been trying to recapture an elusive childhood.

-jk
    I understand. I do that with hookers and blow. Wait. That's a children's book in case anyone was wondering.

Happy Birthday. As someone much closer to 60 than 50, I would advice you not to climb trees anymore. The fall to the ground is quicker, and the aftermath definitely hurts more than when you were a kid. Take it from someone who knows.

Happy Birthday. As someone much closer to 60 than 50, I would advice you not to climb trees anymore. The fall to the ground is quicker, and the aftermath definitely hurts more than when you were a kid. Take it from someone who knows.
    Just wait a few more years and you will be happy just to be able to climb a tree, even a short one.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    As predicted, Dak issued an apology about his statements RE the fans throwing things at refs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ects-officials

Dak has a pretty good record of not being a bonehead so I'll take him as sincere and chalk it up to strong feelings in the heat of the moment.
    Translation, Dak's agent, after speaking with a publicist drafted a statement and Dak reluctantly made it. It wasn't the refs who called a run in the middle of the field with 14 seconds left, it was his OC...and it was wonderful

Their last 2 QBs have been very good in am era of great. You could win a SB with Romo and Dak, 100%. But they are paid like superstars, when they are somewhere short of that. This limits both what you can pay other players and limits your ability to get a great QB. Tough situation.
    Sorry but Romo and Dak have done nothing in the playoffs to show that they could win a Super Bowl...and it's been wonderful.

The NFL is tough with the salary cap. If you don't have a great QB, it's pretty tough to win, especially in the playoffs. If you have a QB and you pay him like a great QB it's pretty tough to win consistently because you run out of cap space. I do suspect that the salary cap should be higher but sure enough if it was they'd still probably give the same percentage to QB's.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...he-buccaneers/

538 fan fiction by SouthernDukie about the Bucs and Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Translation, Dak's agent, after speaking with a publicist drafted a statement and Dak reluctantly made it. It wasn't the refs who called a run in the middle of the field with 14 seconds left, it was his OC...and it was wonderful

Sorry but Romo and Dak have done nothing in the playoffs to show that they could win a Super Bowl...and it's been wonderful.

The NFL is tough with the salary cap. If you don't have a great QB, it's pretty tough to win, especially in the playoffs. If you have a QB and you pay him like a great QB it's pretty tough to win consistently because you run out of cap space. I do suspect that the salary cap should be higher but sure enough if it was they'd still probably give the same percentage to QB's.
    Trent Dilfer. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco. Settle down. Settle down.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...he-buccaneers/

538 fan fiction by SouthernDukie about the Bucs and Rams.
    That guy hacked my computer and got a hold of my info sheet. Frighteningly accurate stuff. I’ll share my thoughts later tonight, or early tomorrow.

That guy hacked my computer and got a hold of my info sheet. Frighteningly accurate stuff. I’ll share my thoughts later tonight, or early tomorrow.
    I think they really are a nightmare matchup for y'all. I don't think you are anywhere near as good as you were last year. Actually I don't think your defense was as good as they played last year and they reverted to the mean. I think the Rams are the better team. But I'm never betting against Tom Brady. I don't bet, so I'm never betting for Tom Brady either, but that screws up my narrative. So let's forget that part.

I think they really are a nightmare matchup for y'all. I don't think you are anywhere near as good as you were last year. Actually I don't think your defense was as good as they played last year and they reverted to the mean. I think the Rams are the better team. But I'm never betting against Tom Brady. I don't bet, so I'm never betting for Tom Brady either, but that screws up my narrative. So let's forget that part.
    So you hacked my computer as well? Or you just been reading my posts this year in the thread.

Haha!

Haha!
    Here’s a hint at how I’ll be picking games this weekend. I said several weeks back who I thought was going to be in the Super Bowl. I’ve seen nothing thus far to change my opinion. And if you’ve followed my comments on the Bucs for the last couple of months you know how I feel about them this weekend. So everyone here should have a great idea of who I’ll be picking in three of the four games this weekend.

Here’s a hint at how I’ll be picking games this weekend. I said several weeks back who I thought was going to be in the Super Bowl. I’ve seen nothing thus far to change my opinion. And if you’ve followed my comments on the Bucs for the last couple of months you know how I feel about them this weekend. So everyone here should have a great idea of who I’ll be picking in three of the four games this weekend.
    Is it the Cowboys?

Is it the Cowboys?
    Now I know for sure you hacked my computer.