Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Looks like Noah Gray had a catch for 5 yards for KC. I believe the first catch of his nfl career.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Submitting a new name for the football team in Detroit: The Miseries. Using the name Lions is offensive to the kings of the animal kingdom.
    Sick to death of these pathetic losers. Another winless season is under way.
    Perhaps if the Wizard gave them a medal??

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Perhaps if the Wizard gave them a medal??
    Thinking along those lines. How about "Tin Men" in place of Lions? I sort of like that.

And they're certainly not in Kansas.

Lions loss yesterday was perhaps as quintessentially Lions-esque as any loss could possibly be. Refs ignore a delay of game that would have resulted in a 10-second run-off and the end of the game, then Tucker breaks the all-time record for longest field goal ever kicked, bouncing it off the crossbar for dramatic effect.
    Unbelievable, and yet, somehow, perfectly believable.

I don't like watching NFL Redzone during the 1:00 games because there's too much jumping around, but for the end of the 1:00 games (whichever ones are still in question or are running long) and for watching the 4:00 games if the game you want isn't on in your market, it is really stellar. Got to watch the entire end of the Dolphins-Raiders game and the OT period because it was the only game still on. There were a ton of good games yesterday (but no good games on in my market, other than the night game of course).

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Lions loss yesterday was perhaps as quintessentially Lions-esque as any loss could possibly be. Refs ignore a delay of game that would have resulted in a 10-second run-off and the end of the game, then Tucker breaks the all-time record for longest field goal ever kicked, bouncing it off the crossbar for dramatic effect.
    Unbelievable, and yet, somehow, perfectly believable.
    Agreed. I will say that most times the refs do give about a second for the ball to be snapped after it hits zero. It's almost like they are running down the remaining tenths of a second in their head. The play clock in football isn't like clock in basketball where the tenths of a second are displayed and I think the referees give that extra second as long as it isn't over that. However, you could make the argument that the play in question yesterday was over a full second late.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Agreed. I will say that most times the refs do give about a second for the ball to be snapped after it hits zero. It's almost like they are running down the remaining tenths of a second in their head. The play clock in football isn't like clock in basketball where the tenths of a second are displayed and I think the referees give that extra second as long as it isn't over that. However, you could make the argument that the play in question yesterday was over a full second late.
    My understanding is they watch the clock until it hits 0 and then look at the ball, so there is some delay built in. Tie goes to the snapper?

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Looks like Noah Gray had a catch for 5 yards for KC. I believe the first catch of his nfl career.
    That is what the announcers said when he made the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Miseries loss yesterday was perhaps as quintessentially Miseries-esque as any loss could possibly be.
    FIFY. I'm calling baloney on the delay no call. That pathetic offense couldn't get it into the end zone from the 12 yard line. Another excuse, another stadium full of disappointed fans who deep down knew that game was going to be lost.
    I suggested on freep.com that the Miseries burn those hideous gray unis under the Joe Louis fist at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    FIFY. I'm calling baloney on the delay no call. That pathetic offense couldn't get it into the end zone from the 12 yard line. Another excuse, another stadium full of disappointed fans who deep down knew that game was going to be lost.
    I suggested on freep.com that the Miseries burn those hideous gray unis under the Joe Louis fist at midnight.
    Gray is really not a good uni color for anyone.

Why am I not at all shocked that Josh Gordon is going to the Chiefs? The rich just get richer.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Why am I not at all shocked that Josh Gordon is going to the Chiefs? The rich just get richer.
    He's been in the Seahawks camp for a long time. I had a hope they might pick him back up again, but WR is one of the few positions we don't need help at.

I wish him the best. Hope he can overcome his issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Josh is posting in the Dukies in the NBA thread right now…

Disagree with the announcers (and the refs) there, looked like a clear TD to me (but I'd really prefer neither team win this one).

Incredible game tonight. Tampa Bay holds on to win a hard ballgame in the rain. It wasn’t pretty, but the Buccaneers gutted it out. New England is better than their 1–3 record. Mac Jones acquitted himself wonderfully tonight. He is the Patriots’ future. Brady’s legacy continues at the age of 44. Truly incredible, whether you love him or hate him.

Russell Wilson injured!

Seattle QB, Russell Wilson suffered a badly sprained finger in last night's (26-17)loss to the LA Rams. Coach Pete Carroll said it's too early to tell how much time Russ will miss or if surgery is needed. Geno Smith replaced Russ and was able to lead a touchdown drive to keep the Seahawks close but then threw an interception that sealed the win for the Rams(4-1). On the play, receiver, Tyler Lockett fell down on the play.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Seattle QB, Russell Wilson suffered a badly sprained finger in last night's (26-17)loss to the LA Rams. Coach Pete Carroll said it's too early to tell how much time Russ will miss or if surgery is needed. Geno Smith replaced Russ and was able to lead a touchdown drive to keep the Seahawks close but then threw an interception that sealed the win for the Rams(4-1). On the play, receiver, Tyler Lockett fell down on the play.
    I wouldn't exactly say that Lockett "fell down". I didn't have a dog in that fight, was just enjoying a good game but that was a badly blown call.

On the bright side...that double punt by the Seahawks punter was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say that Lockett "fell down". I didn't have a dog in that fight, was just enjoying a good game but that was a badly blown call.

On the bright side...that double punt by the Seahawks punter was fantastic.
    I turned the TV off and went to bed at half time. I wanted to watch the game to a conclusion because I have Metcalf on my fantasy football team(the good one). But my God-Daughter is getting married on Saturday and today is going to be just as hectic. So, I didn't see the play but I read the recap on ESPN this morning and it said he fell down. What really happened on the play?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I turned the TV off and went to bed at half time. I wanted to watch the game to a conclusion because I have Metcalf on my fantasy football team(the good one). But my God-Daughter is getting married on Saturday and today is going to be just as hectic. So, I didn't see the play but I read the recap on ESPN this morning and it said he fell down. What really happened on the play?
    There was a lot of contact.

As a Seahawks game, this is pretty much worst case scenario for a game. We needed to win yesterday to play some catch up in a really good division. A win would have put us firmly in second behind the surprising undefeated Cardinals. The loss puts us in last place.

The defense is absolutely terrible. They play zone coverage, which is fine, whatever. But there's a soft spot at about the 6-8 yard line EVERY PLAY. When teams come out after the half, they absolutely exploit that and destroy the defense. We're starting to dial in our cornerback position. We have some pretty solid studs on defense. Our scheme is just absolutely absurdly easy to shred.

On offense, we have some really good guys in skill positions. But our line can't give Russ time to "cook," which makes all of it wholly irrelevant. You can have the best WR corp in the nation (Lockett and Metcalf would absolutely be in that conversation) but if the QB is scrambling for his life, they are useless.

And of course this is all without mentioning Russ's injury. Russ has been a complete cyborg and never missed a single start with the Seahawks. If we have to start Geno Smith, we are going to struggle next week with the Steelers. I thought Geno actually did pretty damn well last night. But if defenses can gameplan knowing that we have Geno instead of Russ, it will look a lot different.

It's still way to early to call the season a wash. But we need a LOT of things to change if we are going to make the playoffs.

I didn't think the Lockett slip/fall/penalty was that egregious. But the double punt was absolutely a thing of beauty. Dickson made the best play in a Seahawks uniform the last two games. That's not something you want to say about a punter, but he really is pretty spectacular.

/End Seahawks rant

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There was a lot of contact.

As a Seahawks game, this is pretty much worst case scenario for a game. We needed to win yesterday to play some catch up in a really good division. A win would have put us firmly in second behind the surprising undefeated Cardinals. The loss puts us in last place.

The defense is absolutely terrible. They play zone coverage, which is fine, whatever. But there's a soft spot at about the 6-8 yard line EVERY PLAY. When teams come out after the half, they absolutely exploit that and destroy the defense. We're starting to dial in our cornerback position. We have some pretty solid studs on defense. Our scheme is just absolutely absurdly easy to shred.

On offense, we have some really good guys in skill positions. But our line can't give Russ time to "cook," which makes all of it wholly irrelevant. You can have the best WR corp in the nation (Lockett and Metcalf would absolutely be in that conversation) but if the QB is scrambling for his life, they are useless.

And of course this is all without mentioning Russ's injury. Russ has been a complete cyborg and never missed a single start with the Seahawks. If we have to start Geno Smith, we are going to struggle next week with the Steelers. I thought Geno actually did pretty damn well last night. But if defenses can gameplan knowing that we have Geno instead of Russ, it will look a lot different.

It's still way to early to call the season a wash. But we need a LOT of things to change if we are going to make the playoffs.

I didn't think the Lockett slip/fall/penalty was that egregious. But the double punt was absolutely a thing of beauty. Dickson made the best play in a Seahawks uniform the last two games. That's not something you want to say about a punter, but he really is pretty spectacular.

/End Seahawks rant
    Evidently the double punt came in the 2nd half. What's a double punt? As for the Seahawk defense, it hasn't been good all season. I was afraid the Rams would control the 2nd half by running the ball. If that had happened, my man Metcalf wouldn't have had time to put up some points for me. But somehow he scored 2 TDs..