Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Season

Live look at the NFC East, sans Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Didn’t watch, but only way it would be 100% better is if both teams lost, not just one.
    I support this idea.

Heckuva Monday night game tonight, wow. So much for the inevitable Bills' blowout.
    Seven lead changes tied the MNF all-time record.

Spoiler Alert: Bills were down three with a fourth and one on the three-yard line with about 22 seconds left to play. Instead of kicking the chippie field goal and trying their luck in overtime, they chose the quarterback sneak. Allen's foot slipped just a little on the turf and the hole closed quickly. Game.
    While I can understand going for the win in a tight game on the road, I might have opted for the field goal.
    Any way you look at it, though, a much more entertaining and competitive game than anybody bargained for. Derrick Henry is beast.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Heckuva Monday night game tonight, wow. So much for the inevitable Bills' blowout.
    Seven lead changes tied the MNF all-time record.

Spoiler Alert: Bills were down three with a fourth and one on the three-yard line with about 22 seconds left to play. Instead of kicking the chippie field goal and trying their luck in overtime, they chose the quarterback sneak. Allen's foot slipped just a little on the turf and the hole closed quickly. Game.
    While I can understand going for the win in a tight game on the road, I might have opted for the field goal.
    Any way you look at it, though, a much more entertaining and competitive game than anybody bargained for. Derrick Henry is beast.
    One of the few Monday night games I've watched start to finish. Like you said, heckuva game. You are so right, Henry is a beast and he's my #2 RB in one of my fantasy leagues. I think he's the closest comparable running back to Jim Brown that I've seen in the NFL. As for going for it on 4th down, I loved it because I had my game wrapped up and I was just hoping Henry wouldn't get injured like many of the Titans did in this game. This was a terrific game.

Didn’t expect Mahomes and the Chiefs to look like they have this year. Really returned to earth.

So glad I’m not a Washington football fan. I would be calling for the head of their quarterback right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    So glad I’m not a Washington football fan. I would be calling for the head of their quarterback right now.
    Washington has had something like 93 QBs since Snyder took over. There’s one big problem with that franchise and then all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Most WTF fans I know are calling for the head of the owner.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Haven't they been doing that for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Haven't they been doing that for decades?
    And yet his head is still attached. Goodell doesn't have the nerve to remove it.

-jk

And yet his head is still attached. Goodell doesn't have the nerve to remove it.

-jk
    Amazing that it may be emails that finally put him to rest.

-jk
    I’d like to add non-WTF fans to that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Washington has had something like 93 QBs since Snyder took over. There’s one big problem with that franchise and then all the other ones.
    Say what you will, you can't deny the Lions are a model of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Say what you will, you can't deny the Lions are a model of consistency.
    Yep, seems impossible the Lions have exactly ONE playoff win then the Super Bowl era.

Of course as long as the miserable SnyderWTFs remain, the Lions have a chance to rise up and become the 2nd worst franchise. Snyder’s buffoonery has taken NFL enjoyment away from millions of fans in DC, Maryland, Virginia and NC.

Sunday night game.

The Sunday night game between the Indy Colts and SF 49rs was played in an atmospheric river/bomb cyclone. The high winds and rain made life miserable for anyone with the football. Quarterbacks were fumbling snaps and threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen. Even worst than Billy Kilmer used to throw. Running backs and receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Indy won the game 30-18 as Garoppolo played a little worse than Carson Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The Sunday night game between the Indy Colts and SF 49rs was played in an atmospheric river/bomb cyclone. The high winds and rain made life miserable for anyone with the football. Quarterbacks were fumbling snaps and threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen. Even worst than Billy Kilmer used to throw. Running backs and receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Indy won the game 30-18 as Garoppolo played a little worse than Carson Wentz.
    I love football in bad weather - as long as my team isn't playing. I watched a Steelers/Ravens game maybe 15 years ago. It was 6-3 I believe. There was a punt that went in the air, landed and just splattered into the mud. Was just stunning.

I love football in bad weather - as long as my team isn't playing. I watched a Steelers/Ravens game maybe 15 years ago. It was 6-3 I believe. There was a punt that went in the air, landed and just splattered into the mud. Was just stunning.
    Yeh, I love to watch NFL games that are played in snowy weather but I can't remember watching a game like the one last night. The ball was so wet and it was impossible to keep it dry. The Indy Colts defense has perfected the ability to knock the ball out of the runner's hands. One or two players stand the runner up and a third player comes in and knocks the ball loose. Leonard, Indy LB is the best I've seen at doing this.

Years ago some ski areas in VT, NH and Maine put together a Mud Football League which managed to be mentioned in Sports Illustrated. We used the local fire departments to flood the fairly small fields, then had at it. Great deep mud fun, but some of the road trips got a bit out of control.

The worst I can ever recall is the 3-0 game between the Steelers and the Dolphins (@ Pittsburgh of course). Players were like ankle deep in mud. Someone stepped on Ricky Williams after he fell down and it was like his whole body got squished down into it. Same kind of deal with the punts as the game you're describing. It was really unbelievable.

There was a Duke game @ Miami (feels like it was just a year or two ago but it probably had to be a little longer than that) where the rain was coming down something fierce (there was a lot of water on the field but it seemed to actually hold up pretty well).

Sadly, bad weather games in the NFL are going the way of the dodo as teams move towards covered stadiums (especially since I believe the NFL requires covered stadiums to host the Suberbowl IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I remember one high school game I played in, western NC in the 60s before that global warming thing. It was a playoff game in November and we played in a freezing rain. One vivid memory from that game is seeing icicles forming on the team benches during the game.

Luckily for me, my school was small enough that we needed two way players and I was one of them so I was running around the whole game. The subs on the sidelines were totally miserable.