Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    She was too over the top. Too gushy. Ok for GMA, but not for Jeopardy. I agree with a previous poster, the best host will be one who does not make it about himself/herself.

I am still voting for Aaron Rodgers! And he wants the job!
    I agree. Being best as Jeopardy host means less is more.

I think we need 6 months more of tryouts. None of them rock my boat. I would pick Jennings though, if forced. He is Jeopardy through and through.

Ive got ir - David Harbour. Now I would watch that!

Or Jim Parsons and I’m in!

I agree with Ken Jennings. I thought he did really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    He should do it as Shelden, with the occasional "Bazinga!" as well as the haughty confidence that says, "you may have gotten that question wrong, but I would have gotten it right." Oh, and he gets really excited whenever the topic is comic books, Star Wars/Trek, LOTR, or trains.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Holzhauer again

Fresh from his tweet about Joe Buck, Holzhauer tweets about the new search:

I was really looking forward to the season premiere where after an exhaustive 61-clue search for the next Jeopardy champion, the show looks past the three obvious candidates and declares Mike Richards the winner

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/...26739736297486

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He should do it as Shelden, with the occasional "Bazinga!" as well as the haughty confidence that says, "you may have gotten that question wrong, but I would have gotten it right." Oh, and he gets really excited whenever the topic is comic books, Star Wars/Trek, LOTR, or trains.
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be the most popular show on television and I’m not completely joking.

You forgot flags of the world
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Jennings now frontrunner

https://news.yahoo.com/jeopardy-host...122320845.html

Would be interesting for Jennings to work with Richards as executive producer.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/jeopardy-host...122320845.html

Would be interesting for Jennings to work with Richards as executive producer.
    They better check all of Jennings' past tweets/podcasts/notebooks/facebook posts, etc.

I actually thought something came up with his past already with regards to offensive tweets, but maybe that's water under the bridge now?

I saw that Mayim Bialek is going to be the guest host to fill in for Richards for now.

Seems like Jennings is the most popular choice among Jeopardy aficionados at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    They better check all of Jennings' past tweets/podcasts/notebooks/facebook posts, etc.

I actually thought something came up with his past already with regards to offensive tweets, but maybe that's water under the bridge now?

I saw that Mayim Bialek is going to be the guest host to fill in for Richards for now.

Seems like Jennings is the most popular choice among Jeopardy aficionados at this point.
    Yes, I believe Ken had some injudicious things to say about "attractive women in wheelchairs" among other things...this Tweety stuff can be dangerous, it has a half life like plutonium.239.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yes, I believe Ken had some injudicious things to say about "attractive women in wheelchairs" among other things...this Tweety stuff can be dangerous, it has a half life like plutonium.239.
    I finally read Richards stuff - he was awful. Yes he said sexually coarse and demeaning stuff on his “dumb” radio show (can’t remember name) but that was par for the course a decade or so ago with the adolescent frat men entertainment niche like The Man Show and much worse etc. I would hold him accountable but not rule him out on that. Grow and learn. But if the other quotes I read are true he went much further than sexist brat and expressed a lot of personal racism, deep seated misogyny, ignorance and was flat out cruel and uncaring toward the less fortunate. He was the opposite of what Trebek stood for. So glad he’s out - and I’m one of those wary of cancellation by twitter mob.

Ken Jennings past quotes are worth discussion but are not what people should be losing careers over. (Can’t believe I’m saying this on the internet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

It does irk me that people who have probably never watched Jeopardy in their lives feel the need to weigh in on this - and that their opinion matters. Only people who actually watch should have a say.

It does irk me that people who have probably never watched Jeopardy in their lives feel the need to weigh in on this - and that their opinion matters. Only people who actually watch should have a say.
    Yeah, the celebrity/common masses seem to be behind LeVar Burton best I can tell, which is why I qualified it -- and I agree with you.

But if you want to bring in the Wheel of Fortune/Family Feud viewership crowd...(then it would be a different Jeopardy! certainly).

I watch Jeopardy regularly but I do think the producers of the product have something to say as well. Now what they say better go over well with Jeopardy watchers but if they can do that AND also pick up new viewers (or younger, higher ad revenue viewers) at the same time that is what they should do. But that is a very, very difficult needle to thread. They could easily blow it by trying.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be the most popular show on television and I’m not completely joking.
    It's not Jim Parsons, but Iain Armitage of Young Sheldon has already read clues on Jeopardy!

Wait for the end, where Alex Trebek openly worries about bright kids putting him out to pasture.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    It's not Jim Parsons, but Iain Armitage of Young Sheldon has already read clues on Jeopardy!

Wait for the end, where Alex Trebek openly worries about bright kids putting him out to pasture.
    He’d be a fun guest host!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I think we need 6 months more of tryouts. None of them rock my boat. I would pick Jennings though, if forced. He is Jeopardy through and through.
    Does Jennings still want to compete in the special tournaments they sometimes run and would hosting preclude him? Or has he said he is retired as a contestant?

The best thing about Richards (RIP) was the fact you (I at least) barely noticed him.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Does Jennings still want to compete in the special tournaments they sometimes run and would hosting preclude him? Or has he said he is retired as a contestant?
    Wouldn't this be why they were hiring Blossom as a special events host?