Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,101 to 1,105 of 1105
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Lucky (and skilled) Amy! In tonight’s first game of the Invitational Finals Victoria, thanks to a massive 14k DD bet, had a clear runaway going until a last minute Amy run came down to the the final $400 question. Amy got it to put her at $15,000, just barely in range of Victoria’s $29,600. Then to her credit Amy was the only one to get FJ correct. I felt bad for Victoria. Amy will be hard to stop now.
    She let her ret all of the remaining 400 dollar questions, not just the last one. Victoria had done the right thing by betting it all and had a huge lead that would have been insurmountable had she beaten Amy to the buzzer on any one of thehlast few questions.

From what I have seen of Victoria, the is very strong but her playihg strategy is a little bit flawed; she misses too many questions. To me it seems that she misses more questions than any other player of her strength that I can remember. Is she buzzing in before she really knows whether she knows the answer, and hoping it will come to her?

If she could just cut down a bit on the misses, she would be really hard to beat.

Victoria tore it up today - her Coryat score (or whatever it is called) must have been through the roof.
    The Jeopardy Invitational Finals wins are now
    Amy 1
    Victoria 1
    Andrew 0

Race to 2.

Andrew He needs some categories he likes, I think. Those two women are dynamite!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Andrew He needs some categories he likes, I think. Those two women are dynamite!
    And Victoria does it! She was sooo strong. The other contestants looked helpless once she got going.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    And Victoria does it! She was sooo strong. The other contestants looked helpless once she got going.
    As I pointed out last week (https://forums.dukebasketballreport...50#post1713150), Victoria is so strong.

It's too bad Brandon Blackwell lost his first game, missing the Final Jeopardy question. He's almost as good as Victoria. It would've been fun to watch the two of them go at it.