Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Grayson to Milwaukee and Justise to Clippers. Great landing spots for both of these guys. No clue what Memphis is thinking

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Great opportunity for Grayson. They need a bit more punch from the bench. I rooted for them as I liked the old Bucks teams from the 80’s, but now they have my attention.
    Huge Bucks fan now!!! LOL, but I’m serious! It’s all about the Dukies.

Does this mean I need to retroactively root the the Bucks? I hope our team can win it all last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Does this mean I need to retroactively root the the Bucks? I hope our team can win it all last year!
    We are very welcoming here in Milwaukee.

Other former Duke players/free agents to look out for include Redick, Giles, Stanley and Jackson.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. The Pels and Bulls may have been involved in some tampering shenanigans with Lonzo Ball.

The Bulls and New Orleans Pelicans could have a tough time disproving tampering accusations. Ball signed a four-year, $85 million offer sheet with the team moments after free agency opened. Given that other players were involved in the deal — which wound up being a sign and trade — it could be tough for the Bulls and the Pelicans to prove the deal wasn't discussed before free agency opened. Before free agency opened, the Bulls were rumored to be a suitor for Ball.
    Punishments can range from a fine to a loss of a draft pick to the contracts being voided.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rep...190504956.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. The Pels and Bulls may have been involved in some tampering shenanigans with Lonzo Ball.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rep...190504956.html
    This is my shocked face.

How can the NBA selectively enforce these sorts of things?

If I were Silver I’d hammer everyone involved. Not only was it obviously tampering, but announcing it the way they did was to openly mock the NBA and its rules.

JJ with his thoughts on Luka’s new deal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jj_redick...rreport.com%2F

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    JJ with his thoughts on Luka’s new deal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jj_redick...rreport.com%2F
    Some of the comments to JJ’s tweet are brutal. Twitter not a good thing IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Some of the comments to JJ’s tweet are brutal. Twitter not a good thing IMHO.
    Really? Most seem pretty positive.

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree about Twitter. Social media has changed the landscape of, well, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Really? Most seem pretty positive.

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree about Twitter. Social media has changed the landscape of, well, everything.
    Amen!

Frank Jackson re-signs with Detroit

Woj reports Frank has signed a 2-year deal with Detroit. He was pretty good with the Pistons last year. With Killian Hayes still developing and the addition of Cade Cunningham, Detroit needed shooting. Frank is their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Woj reports Frank has signed a 2-year deal with Detroit. He was pretty good with the Pistons last year. With Killian Hayes still developing and the addition of Cade Cunningham, Detroit needed shooting. Frank is their guy.
    No details yet on the contract but it is not impossible that he got a little bit more than the NBA minimum after a really strong season in which he was grossly underpaid as a two-way player. Given his 4 years in the league, the minimum is worth like $1.8 mil per season, but I would not be shocked if Detroit, a team that is nowhere near the luxury tax, might have given Frank a little bit more (maybe like $2 mil and $2.5 mil in the second season).

Anyone wanna guess the highest paid player on the Pistons this coming year? Dude is gonna make close to $30 mil from the team, $10 mil more than anyone else.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Is Redick still looking for a spot? I imagine a wee gig with the Nets would be attractive if they have any cap space...evidently he also has interest in the Lakers, Sixers and Heat, all solid contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Is Redick still looking for a spot? I imagine a wee gig with the Nets would be attractive if they have any cap space...evidently he also has interest in the Lakers, Sixers and Heat, all solid contenders.
    Probably. He’s taking his sweet time. He will definitely sign in the northeast, and it’s probably either the Nets, the Knicks, or the 76ers.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Wow... talk about contract mistakes.

Denis Schroeder turned down an 4-year, $84 million extension from the Lakers. He was sure he could get more as a free agent. Well, all he has gotten so far is a 1-year, $5.9 mil offer from the Celtics to be their backup PG. Meanwhile, the Lakers have moved on and now have Westbrook. Schroeder is supposedly pushing Boston for more like $10 mil/season and to make it a 2 year deal... the Celtics don't appear to be willing to do that and, well, there just isn't much of a market out there for Schroeder at this point.

Ouch... Schroeder is supposedly crying himself to sleep at night.

-Jason "if anyone wants to pay me $20+ mil per year to do... well... just about anything, I ain't turning it down " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Denis Schroeder turned down an 4-year, $84 million extension from the Lakers. He was sure he could get more as a free agent. Well, all he has gotten so far is a 1-year, $5.9 mil offer from the Celtics to be their backup PG. Meanwhile, the Lakers have moved on and now have Westbrook. Schroeder is supposedly pushing Boston for more like $10 mil/season and to make it a 2 year deal... the Celtics don't appear to be willing to do that and, well, there just isn't much of a market out there for Schroeder at this point.

-Jason "if anyone wants to pay me $20+ mil per year to do... well... just about anything, I ain't turning it down " Evans
    Jimmy Butler bet on himself many times and it paid off. Schroeder now gives us the counter example.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

He should sue his agent. He obviously got terrible advice.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    He should sue his agent. He obviously got terrible advice.
    He should sue both his agent and himself.