Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ACC Defections

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    This is my impression, too. My daughter plays soccer at Dartmouth and was recruited by schools in both the NESCAC and UAA. Worth noting that Williams has won the D-III Directors' Cup all but 2 of the 25 years it has been awarded, and Middlebury and Amherst have multiple top 5 finishes as well. The NESCAC also benefits from a tighter geographic span and longer standing rivalries.

Middlebury is a very pretty town and campus, and their athletic facilities are top notch (put many of the Ivies and other lower D-1 schools to shame).
    I had a similar experience. My daughter's softball recruiting came down to Brown, Chicago and Amherst. She chose Brown primarily because of it's engineering but would have been happy at any of those schools. From an athletic perspective it was fun to go to some of the early season tourney to play mid-major D1's. Also, IMHO while the folks who frequent this board are aware of the amazing academics at the NESCAC and UAA schools, on a national level "Ivy League" carries some cache' with employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    I had a similar experience. My daughter's softball recruiting came down to Brown, Chicago and Amherst. She chose Brown primarily because of it's engineering but would have been happy at any of those schools. From an athletic perspective it was fun to go to some of the early season tourney to play mid-major D1's. Also, IMHO while the folks who frequent this board are aware of the amazing academics at the NESCAC and UAA schools, on a national level "Ivy League" carries some cache' with employers.
    Funny to read. My Grandson, maybe a future Duke baseball player, participated in a tryout camp in Los Angeles this weekend for the Ivy League programs (he traveled from the Bay Aarea). I don't "UAA tryouts" would have the same cachet, although the individual schools are highly regarded.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013