Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by INSPECTORLEWIS View Post
    Anyone with additional thoughts on fans and capacity at Cameron? I mean it doesn’t seem possible to be at full capacity. How might reduced capacity work? Ticket holders alternate games or maybe based on Iron Duke status? I know nothing so maybe someone else knows next to nothing which would be more than me.
    given duke's current restrictions on students, if the season started today, there would be effectively no chance of a full cameron.

They also have no incentive to make that call earlier than absolutely necessary.

I don't have insider info, but if students are being asked to mask even when outside, there is not going to be 9314 people in cameron.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    They also have no incentive to make that call earlier than absolutely necessary.
    Agreed. In an ideal world, it would be great though to know possibilities (e.g., how half capacity would work) but we are far from ideal. Therefore, let us speculate.

My tickets haven't shipped yet, so I called the ticket office again. They're still working through the stack. She assured me that the tickets will ship next week some time. Good thing the game is 2 weeks off!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Mine arrived a few minutes ago. No more slick booklet, tickets are printed individually. Certainly looks like they want everyone to use digital tickets.

I saw an article that indicated that U of Florida was going to charge $15 for printed tickets. That’s coming here soon, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Mine arrived a few minutes ago. No more slick booklet, tickets are printed individually. Certainly looks like they want everyone to use digital tickets.

I saw an article that indicated that U of Florida was going to charge $15 for printed tickets. That’s coming here soon, I’m sure.
    As a UF season ticket holder, I can clarify that point: Tickets for UF home football games will no longer be printed -- admission will only be by mobile tickets for which the bar code is displayed at the entry gate on a phone. Even printouts of the mobile tickets and barcodes are no longer acceptable. However, for the benefit of those who value the physical tickets as a collector's item, UF will sell printed versions of each home game ticket as a "commemorative ticket." The cost is $50 for the full season, or $15 per game.

When I ordered Duke basketball tickets I saw no option other than electronic tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    When I ordered Duke basketball tickets I saw no option other than electronic tickets.
    That's peculiar -- I could have sworn that I was given the options of picking up our season basketball tickets at the Ticket Office on campus or having them sent to us via the USPS. At this point, I'm just hoping that we'll be able to use them -- in whatever form -- to attend some games in Cameron.

I wish Duke would go ahead and announce that vaccination is required to enter Cameron. If Joe Alleva at LSU can require vaccination to attend football games, surely Duke can require vaccination to attend basketball games.
    LSU got rid of Joe Alleva years ago.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

I had the UPS option and chose it.

given duke's current restrictions on students, if the season started today, there would be effectively no chance of a full cameron.

I don't have insider info, but if students are being asked to mask even when outside, there is not going to be 9314 people in cameron.
    Not sure why you are saying this. There are currently no limits on number of students allowed at indoor events or how closely packed students can be at indoor events. They could certainly add such a restriction, but there isn’t one in place today.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Not sure why you are saying this. There are currently no limits on number of students allowed at indoor events or how closely packed students can be at indoor events. They could certainly add such a restriction, but there isn’t one in place today.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that there was such a restriction on students.

But those students ARE mandated to be vaccinated and report their symptoms on a daily basis, as well as be surveillance tested, most of which would be impossible to implement for cameron attendees...so there is no way to even pretend the situations are similar. The analogy was drawn to students as it betrays the administration's mindset that this is still an extremely tenuous/serious situation, and DESPITE those controls on students, they are still increasing restrictions as of the past couple days. So it stands to reason that they would consider additional restriction on athletic attendees as well, even if we don't know what restrictions those might be.
    April 1

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that there was such a restriction on students.

But those students ARE mandated to be vaccinated and report their symptoms on a daily basis, as well as be surveillance tested, most of which would be impossible to implement for cameron attendees...so there is no way to even pretend the situations are similar. The analogy was drawn to students as it betrays the administration's mindset that this is still an extremely tenuous/serious situation, and DESPITE those controls on students, they are still increasing restrictions as of the past couple days. So it stands to reason that they would consider additional restriction on athletic attendees as well, even if we don't know what restrictions those might be.
    Right. So it’s uncertain. Still not sure how you are concluding that there is no way there would be full Cameron if the season started today, when there are no restrictions on indoor gatherings today.

Also I didn’t put words in your mouth. In fact, I never attributed any words to you at all beyond Merely quoting you.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    As a UF season ticket holder, I can clarify that point: Tickets for UF home football games will no longer be printed -- admission will only be by mobile tickets for which the bar code is displayed at the entry gate on a phone. Even printouts of the mobile tickets and barcodes are no longer acceptable. However, for the benefit of those who value the physical tickets as a collector's item, UF will sell printed versions of each home game ticket as a "commemorative ticket." The cost is $50 for the full season, or $15 per game.
    I bet the game day scalpers ain't too happy about that.

What a money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I bet the game day scalpers ain't too happy about that.
    It's not quite as convenient for scalpers to do business, but UF does make it very easy to transfer the tickets with one click when you pull them up on the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What a money grab.
    I'm inclined to believe that UF came up with this "commemorative ticket" scheme primarily as a means of appeasing those fans -- of which quite a few have appeared on message boards -- who complained about the fact that moving to exclusively mobile ticketing would curtail their longstanding practice of collecting game tickets. It makes sense to me that if a segment of the season ticket holders are so eager to acquire paper tickets as mementos, the school should be able to exploit that demand for its pecuniary benefit. (Of course, if the tickets are going to be individually printed with the specific seats indicated, the cost of printing per ticket will probably be more than when tickets were printed in sheets for the whole stadium.)

We need to keep in mind that all of these college athletic programs are looking to make up for revenue lost due to pandemic restrictions. To its credit, at least UF did not raise booster contribution levels or ticket prices for football. By contrast, Duke increased the cost of season tickets for men's basketball this year by about 25%, which is substantial even when accounting for the fact that it's K's farewell tour. (And I won't be surprised if Duke jumps on the "commemorative ticket" bandwagon as well if the requests are sufficient.)

I'm inclined to believe that UF came up with this "commemorative ticket" scheme primarily as a means of appeasing those fans -- of which quite a few have appeared on message boards -- who complained about the fact that moving to exclusively mobile ticketing would curtail their longstanding practice of collecting game tickets. It makes sense to me that if a segment of the season ticket holders are so eager to acquire paper tickets as mementos, the school should be able to exploit that demand for its pecuniary benefit. (Of course, if the tickets are going to be individually printed with the specific seats indicated, the cost of printing per ticket will probably be more than when tickets were printed in sheets for the whole stadium.)

We need to keep in mind that all of these college athletic programs are looking to make up for revenue lost due to pandemic restrictions. To its credit, at least UF did not raise booster contribution levels or ticket prices for football. By contrast, Duke increased the cost of season tickets for men's basketball this year by about 25%, which is substantial even when accounting for the fact that it's K's farewell tour. (And I won't be surprised if Duke jumps on the "commemorative ticket" bandwagon as well if the requests are sufficient.)
    To me the grab is the price to get an electronic image of an item you already purchased.

What do you think the chances are that Duke lowers prices next year? I'd say pretty minimal unless we have a really bad season this year, which I trust isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    What do you think the chances are that Duke lowers prices next year? I'd say pretty minimal unless we have a really bad season this year, which I trust isn't the case.
    I seriously doubt that ticket prices for men's basketball will be reduced after this year, barring some unforeseen catastrophic event. More likely, I suspect that if the demand declines a little after K retires, Duke would lower the contribution level for Iron Dukes to qualify for season ticket purchases until the demand meets the supply again. But I'll be surprised if there is any dramatic change in the basketball season ticket landscape during the foreseeable future.

Tickets for games during K's last year will be incredibly in demand. For better or worse, it makes sense for the university to capitalize on that. It's not like the tickets weren't at the 7000$ level before wasn't for the same reason.
    April 1