Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

I was finally able to order tickets. I had to enter their system, go to "Manage My Account" and then click on "Season Renewal Application." I can't understand how anyone would think that this is satisfactory online arrangement. Most people will end up calling the ticket office because they won't be able to figure it out. All these athletic department employees with mysterious titles and this is the best they can do?!?!

By the way, not only do they tell you nothing about the season schedule; they don't even tell you how many games you're purchasing tickets for! They can get away with this now but if there's a significant downturn in Duke basketball, this isn't going to fly.
    Last edited by hallcity; 08-02-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I was finally able to order tickets. I had to enter their system, go to "Manage My Account" and then click on "Season Renewal Application." I can't understand how anyone would think that this is satisfactory online arrangement. Most people will end up calling the ticket office because they won't be able to figure it out. All these athletic department employees with mysterious titles and this is the best they can do?!?!

By the way, not only do they tell you nothing about the season schedule; they don't ever tell you how many games you're purchasing tickets for! They can get away with this now but if there's a significant downturn in Duke basketball, this isn't going to fly.
    Thanks Hallcity, your method worked for me. Shame on Duke - what a damn mess.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post

By the way, not only do they tell you nothing about the season schedule; they don't even tell you how many games you're purchasing tickets for! They can get away with this now but if there's a significant downturn in Duke basketball, this isn't going to fly.
    Not to mention the significant price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not to mention the significant price increase.
    not surprising given k's last season.
    1200. DDMF.

Agreed that they could have finessed the pages a bit more tightly. Maybe next year.
    Took some patience to actually decipher the way each item was added. They could def improve on their graphics.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Yup. You can probably sell your tickets to the final home game vs. Carolina for enough to pay for your season tickets for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Yup. You can probably sell your tickets to the final home game vs. Carolina for enough to pay for your season tickets for the next few years.

Never. Never in one million years or for ten million dollars. Never.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Agreed that they could have finessed the pages a bit more tightly. Maybe next year.
    Took some patience to actually decipher the way each item was added. They could def improve on their graphics.
    Huh?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Never. Never in one million years or for ten million dollars. Never.
    I'm not suggesting that one should do that. I'm just saying that there is the issue of supply and demand. I'm all for being loyal to long-time ticket holders but this is also Duke's chance to cash in a bit, particularly coming off a challenging year financially.

I didn't say I was surprised. Just that we have no idea how many tickets that price covers.

Might as well throw it out there that if someone is in fact willing to pay $10M for my duke v unc tickets, i will hand deliver them to you. In fact, I'll be nice and give them to you for $9m.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    Might as well throw it out there that if someone is in fact willing to pay $10M for my duke v unc tickets, i will hand deliver them to you. In fact, I'll be nice and give them to you for $9m.
    Someone can have mine for 8.9 million.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    i'm just sayin' do what you want, but if some UNC fans end up in y'all's seats....I will give y'all flames.
    1200. DDMF.

i'm just sayin' do what you want, but if some UNC fans end up in y'all's seats...I will give y'all flames.
    In 55 years I have never done that and I am not about to start that now. Go to hell Caroline go to hell!

In 55 years I have never done that and I am not about to start that now. Go to hell Caroline go to hell!
    I heard she was Sweet?

Can the Mods move this to the proper Ticket Exchange board? It'll be good to see some life in there again!

Anyone with additional thoughts on fans and capacity at Cameron? I mean it doesn’t seem possible to be at full capacity. How might reduced capacity work? Ticket holders alternate games or maybe based on Iron Duke status? I know nothing so maybe someone else knows next to nothing which would be more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by INSPECTORLEWIS View Post
    Anyone with additional thoughts on fans and capacity at Cameron? I mean it doesn’t seem possible to be at full capacity. How might reduced capacity work? Ticket holders alternate games or maybe based on Iron Duke status? I know nothing so maybe someone else knows next to nothing which would be more than me.
    I would imagine all of this is TBD. Today's paper had several projections on the virus from universities (Washington was one of them)...they see the current wave peaking in mid September, slowly declining to December 1 or so, but who knows?

Reduced capacity for the Carolina game that will be Coach K's last game in Cameron could result in the most expensive tickets in college sport history or something crazy like that.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I wish Duke would go ahead and announce that vaccination is required to enter Cameron. If Joe Alleva at LSU can require vaccination to attend football games, surely Duke can require vaccination to attend basketball games.